Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cerebral Bore posted:

So in other words, nothing beyond the superficial level?

does WWE ever do anything beyond the superficial level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

StarkRavingMad posted:

does WWE ever do anything beyond the superficial level

All the time! They bury people!

:downsrim:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OK let's break it down:

The Fiend and the Joker:

Wear a mask of someone's skin
Laugh a lot
Terrible characters loved by idiots
Have a sidekick woman
Wear waistcoats
Can't wrestle

Sounds pretty clear to me

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
both were portrayed by Jack Nicholson

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lid posted:

Everybody clapped

And then the other kids slow clapped.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

CarlCX posted:

Nitro was 3 hours from '98 to 2000 and then cut back to two for its last year. The third hour of Nitro was also generally useless.

For awhile the unopposed hour of Nitro was where they stuck all the cruiserweight matches IIRC so they literally had all their best stuff in the hour where once it was over people could switch over to RAW

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Asuka is one of the few people in that company I give a poo poo about, and last night was fuuuuuck youuuuuuuu Vince

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Asuka should defeat the new evil Fiend Alexa by firing an Asuka Beam at her, thus purifying her body. What is an Asuka Beam and why can Asuka fire them now? Not important.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Asuka should defeat the new evil Fiend Alexa by firing an Asuka Beam at her, thus purifying her body. What is an Asuka Beam and why can Asuka fire them now? Not important.

What color mist would that be?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

What color mist would that be?

Glowing, constantly cycling through the spectrum imo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhonne posted:

I can't believe they actually ended the feud with Ricochet losing to Ali, but then he turned down his offer and hit his finisher on Ali, therefore "winning" the feud. I can't tell if that's better or worse than cheating to win a match in order to get the Hurt Business to leave him alone.

It is working out pretty well for Ricochet too! Once he "won" the feud with Retribution he went on to get called a loser who doesn't deserve to be in the Royal Rumble, then lost a match to get into the Royal Rumble against the guy who called him a loser!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
the only time no-selling was creepy was that episode of The Powerpuff Girls where they went into a post-apocalyptic future where Him destroyed the world and none of their attacks were hurting Him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Murder Ibushi.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Glowing, constantly cycling through the spectrum imo.

Beam battles are fun though, therefore not compatible with the WWE brand.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know, I think WWE might be onto something. Its been a long time since I said "That sounds good, maybe I should check it out" but they'r really mastering the art of making me say "that sounds so loving terrible I almost have to see it to understand it."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

Murder Ibushi.

no please don’t

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

no please don’t

Minoru Suzuki doesn't accept pleas

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shard posted:

I am so tired of WWE doing poo poo all with talent, then having talent cut promos about how upset they are that WWE doesn't use them, and then WWE still not using them. It's like a misery farm.
Knowing WWE they'll end up burying her for that promo

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
im excited for the royal rumble. don't forget to sign up for the royal rumble roulette in the sign-up thread, which has not been stickied by any of our mods

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Intruder posted:

For awhile the unopposed hour of Nitro was where they stuck all the cruiserweight matches IIRC so they literally had all their best stuff in the hour where once it was over people could switch over to RAW

There was also the one time when Kevin Nash was the booker that he has the great idea of having the entire first hour of Nitro with no wrestling at all.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Alexa was doing Harley Quinn inspired stuff before any of the Fiend things. This is really just a continuation of that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Royal Rumble Roulette

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blaise330 posted:

the only time no-selling was creepy was that episode of The Powerpuff Girls where they went into a post-apocalyptic future where Him destroyed the world and none of their attacks were hurting Him.

And I just stood there... waving goodbye...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Alexa Bliss is going to use her Fiend powers to dominate every woman on the roster, including F5'ing Nia Jax and making the ring collapse. The roster is decimated...all except for one.

quote:

Wrestlemania results:
Charlotte Flair def. Alexa Bliss in 0:37

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

JT Smiley posted:

And then the other kids slow clapped.

That daughters name? Albert Einstein

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So what’s her character? Besides is Scottish and has an accent?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vagabundo posted:

So what’s her character? Besides is Scottish and has an accent?

Vince: I don't understand, you answered your own question :confused:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: I don't understand, you answered your own question :confused:

Vince: Can she play the bagpipes?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

HIM is a great creepy villain and Bray should imitate him instead of whatever the Fiend is. Not entirely sure about the legitimacy of lobster claws in non-DQ matches tho...

Oh right, I'm also pretty sure that the Joker is usually an affable villain, and the Fiend just seems like a generic monster villain with a creepy mask (...or face? is it supposed to be his actual face?). I'm not sure if the fiend has recently begun speaking and making jokes and poo poo, but he wasn't at the start.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

dromal phrenia posted:

HIM is a great creepy villain and Bray should imitate him instead of whatever the Fiend is. Not entirely sure about the legitimacy of lobster claws in non-DQ matches tho...

Oh right, I'm also pretty sure that the Joker is usually an affable villain, and the Fiend just seems like a generic monster villain with a creepy mask (...or face? is it supposed to be his actual face?). I'm not sure if the fiend has recently begun speaking and making jokes and poo poo, but he wasn't at the start.

He makes a 'bleh' noise when he sticks his tongue out. That's about all the vocalization we get from him.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

dromal phrenia posted:

That part is kinda what Funhouse Bray does. It’s just knockoff joker split into 2 characters.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

Murder Ibushi.

Best part of Today's WOR questions was someone asking how Ibushi would have fared if he stayed in WWE and Dave laughed and than said he'd be Akira Tozawa

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

The Joker is a great character when he’s being played by someone like Nicholson or Hamill who knows how to act sinister without being an edgelord.

It’s just that for twelve years he’s been played by Oscar-seekers trying to one-up Heath Ledger.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

The Joker is a great character when he’s being played by someone like Nicholson or Hamill who knows how to act sinister without being an edgelord.

It’s just that for twelve years he’s been played by Oscar-seekers trying to one-up Heath Ledger.

you can just say jared leto

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If you’ve ever wondered what the three faces of Foley thing would be like if it were ten times stupider and performed by a much worse wrestler with dogshit creative surrounding it, well that’s the Bray/Fiend/Mr Rogers gimmick.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Fiend's Trick

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Intruder posted:

It was so frustrating, because I wanted to like it, but I was always too distracted because no matter how good the first hour wrestling was the commentators would invariably be completely loving ignoring it to talk about Hulk Hogan or whatever the nWo had for lunch that day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Astro7x posted:

There was also the one time when Kevin Nash was the booker that he has the great idea of having the entire first hour of Nitro with no wrestling at all.

Or when Bischoff was feuding with Jay Leno and they turned the entire first hour into a parody of The Tonight Show

CarlCX posted:

It was so frustrating, because I wanted to like it, but I was always too distracted because no matter how good the first hour wrestling was the commentators would invariably be completely loving ignoring it to talk about Hulk Hogan or whatever the nWo had for lunch that day.

Yeah they did not give a single solitary poo poo about the cruiserweights

It really speaks to just how good those matches were that they got as over as they did. They did more for cruiserweights than WWE did though :lol:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 20, 2021

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Powerpuff Girls was an amazing show.

I like the one where they frame Mojo Jojo because they get addicted to candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Powerpuff Girls was an amazing show.

I like the one where they frame Mojo Jojo because they get addicted to candy.

I think about bubbles getting Meat Hair from time to time and I chuckle.