Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Si

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
throws are real

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
omg this game rules

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

even game at 55 minutes? must be toxic no counterplay antifun

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I really think you need tower push from SOMEONE on your team if you're rolling with carry Riki. Or this poo poo happens.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
DOUBLE RAPIER ALERT

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

game owns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LOL the WK Aghs TP trick

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That wraith form TP home with the rapiers was smart as gently caress

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
holy poo poo that tp play

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
AHHHHHHHHH

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh my god did he TP out while in the wraith king ghost dead form to die in fountain and save the rapiers?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The WK Aghs to TP home to save rapiers is always the coolest dota move.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Wait iceiceice is on EG now

wait WTF is happening

lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmaooooooooo what is happening

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The WK Aghs to TP home to save rapiers is always the coolest dota move.

I had no idea you can do this. goddamn that was sick lmao

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I tuned out 20 minutes ago. How the hell did they drag out game 2 that long?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
what an ending

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

That was a crazy rear end two minutes wtf. Never thought a TP would be such a hype play.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J80IuaHnLS0

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
NA DOTA IS loving SICK MAN

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is maut streaming over dialup or something good god his webcam footage was in like 144p

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Zurreco posted:

riki cant hit high ground so in order to get objectives you have to take fights which makes games way more complicated

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lmaooooooooo what is happening

I had no idea you can do this. goddamn that was sick lmao

The few times I build aghs on WK I'm always surprised by what you can do, but it never would have occurred to me to do that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

Brax whiffed a bkb blink batrider lasso and then aegis ended on 4zoomers and gave EG a huge opening.

That game was so loving sick. I still think ice3x played like complete poo poo.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Yeah, LC pick on ice3 was a big mistake. Imagine that game with a Slardar or a Dark Seer.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I still think ice3x played like complete poo poo.

Not gonna be the last time you say that. I feel like EG asks so much of its offlaners that they end up looking like poo poo, and I kinda feel like iceiceice was already heading towards washed even before this.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm guessing the idea was just to use Duel to lock down Riki but it like never worked?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Brax whiffed a bkb blink batrider lasso and then aegis ended on 4zoomers and gave EG a huge opening.

That game was so loving sick. I still think ice3x played like complete poo poo.

tbf iceiceice did also bring the game back for them. his game is just kinda horrible, you have no good duel targets, blademail is mostly just a pray that you kill the enemy team with aoe and it also makes nyx better versus you. you basically have no game at all and no good build; all you can do is dispel the lasso and even that is difficult when you're dealing with all the stuns and silences on dire. in theory you can go pipe but pipe is crazy expensive and half the price is a recipe.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah in true EG form that looked like trying to overcome a sketchy draft with individual play and falling short. Also it really doesn't look like they've played much together yet or something. Hopefully that works itself out because in theory Abed/Crit/III should be a really fun trio to watch play some Dota.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sab669 posted:

I'm guessing the idea was just to use Duel to lock down Riki but it like never worked?

its super hard to blink duel riki because riki can silence in response to the blink. you also have to deal with the fatty miss chance from blinding light; thats actually the biggest reason why rapier added so much damage.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Riki carry is actually pretty amazing in its ups and downs. He's got crazy good regen base but his laning is mostly mediocre, and he's not a fast farmer or much of a fighter until he's picked up a battlefury and aghanims, which make him able to instantly farm an creepwave or neutral camp or support with pretty much no concern at all because he's usually invisible and has some of the highest mobility in the game. However, he can't hit towers well because hitting towers requires him to be revealed and vulnerable, because he builds almost exclusively damage and agility and is a squishy little poo poo.

He may be oppressively OP once he's got his core items, but that's 10ish thousand gold on a hero that's not particularly good at farming. I hope he sticks around a while in his current form, it's a lot of fun to play and watch.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i really like first phase earth spirit bat rider because they know literally nothing about the lanes on 4z

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
and now they pick grim so they still know literally nothing about the lanes on 4z

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I haven't been watching a ton of Dota recently so I'm pretty excited to see the build on this Clinkz.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

all these black shadow cosmetics look like rear end

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The gently caress is going on with NA dota.

How's Gunnar just solo kill Abed mid?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Reality Protester posted:

all these black shadow cosmetics look like rear end

Yea what are these? I thought it was Napalm from bat last game...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This does not look good for the Zoomers.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

This does not look good for the Zoomers.

yeaaaaah they somehow just ended up with the worst lanes they could have possibly had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat missed the first part of this game, but this looks very hard for zoomers