Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just imagine how much better KOTM would have been if it had Jet Jaguar.

and King Caesar.

I understand the impulse, but the solution to Godzilla 2 isn’t to add more stuff for the idiot characters to gawk at.

My version would remove Ghidorah and focus on Mothra vs. Rodan, with Godzilla appearing as a side character if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The more monsters you add, the more screentime you have to take away from the godawful human cast. That’s a slam dunk fix, my dude.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Godzilla Final Wars would prove the incorrectness of that belief.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
We're missing the point, those tweets are showing how much better the Snyder DC universe would be with King Kong and Godzilla

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
snyder's mothra would kick rear end, to be fair

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ungulateman posted:

snyder's mothra would kick rear end, to be fair

I'd LOVE to see people bitch about him including Christian imagery and themes in a Mothra movie

It'd be the best thing

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Godzilla Final Wars would prove the incorrectness of that belief.

That’s because Final Wars was a bad sentai show in Godzilla form.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1351746657428365313?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I would simply have Godzilla step on the human characters, then have nothing but kaiju for the rest of the movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Legendary, don’t be cowards. Have Godzuki in this movie

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

I would simply have Godzilla step on the human characters, then have nothing but kaiju for the rest of the movie.

They say a kaiju only would be too expensive but studios should take lessons from any child on a limited allowance and save money by not making a few other movies for a few months to afford it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Got my Gamera Heisei collection, it's good folks!!!!!

I was pretty bummed to have missed the complete collection but now I'm kind of glad I waited and got the Heisei set only for cheaper. I already have copies of the Showa Gamera movies and I'm not sure I'm missing much by not having the most amazing copies possible, even if the set was really cool.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is rodan the devil figure to Mothras God?

Rodan did come from a volcano but rodan once knew love.

Or wait, did both rodans die in the original movie?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rodan in KoTM is sort of a reverse Satan if you think about it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Is rodan the devil figure to Mothras God?

Rodan did come from a volcano but rodan once knew love.

Or wait, did both rodans die in the original movie?

Both Rodans die, their child is the one in the rest of the Showa era

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1352027106637717516

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm so loving sick of that carrier fight already. I'm just going to skip right past it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1352076518927822848?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/legendary/status/1352301955935191041?s=21

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So there's another Godzilla anime coming out. Any chance it's going to be better than the godawful Netflix films?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Wooooooo

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
With the movie being released so soon I think I'm just gonna skip the trailer. I want that kaiju action to be fresh when I see it!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

So there's another Godzilla anime coming out. Any chance it's going to be better than the godawful Netflix films?

It's being done by better animators and seems to have remembered to include kaiju this time so hopefully

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I loving LOVE that he does sibilance, sibalance from the old bit with Aerosmith. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVL45WkH84

Me and my brother say this all the time. No one really gets it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Netflix trilogy was good but it looks like Singular Point will have a broader appeal and be more what the standard person would want from "a Godzilla anime"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It is okay to admit that something you like is bad. This is the Godzilla thread.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Every terrible Godzilla work is beautiful in its own way.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

It has Jet Jaguar in it, so yes.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The more monsters you add, the more screentime you have to take away from the godawful human cast. That’s a slam dunk fix, my dude.

no one cares but here are 3 possible exceptions:
Destroy All Monsters - some suits are in embarassingly bad condition, so use one second shots (Varan, Baragon)
Final Wars - producer/director wants a Godzilla movie with lots of monsters but also have the movie targeted for "The Matrix generation" which... does not involve monsters
KotM - lots of monsters but the CGI is expensive as hell

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The condition of the rodan costume was DIRE

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Final Wars is a work of art and films should strive to be like it.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 21, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/NeoUltimo/status/1351816406367694849

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I love the pro-wrestling physics. The more something bounces, the more powerful it becomes.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The only thing that can stop a Godzilla with a gun is a Mechagodzilla with a gun.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Shiroc posted:

The only thing that can stop a Godzilla with a gun is a Mechagodzilla with a gun.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
...wait, shouldn't the 'save mothra' meme be godzilla asking kong to save mothra

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Me (being introduced to the monsters): so which one of you is the Superman and which is the Batman

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

ungulateman posted:

...wait, shouldn't the 'save mothra' meme be godzilla asking kong to save mothra

Mothra and KK make such a thematically complimentary dyad that it’s shocking nobody has put them together in a film yet.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

also i just remembered the original 'save mothra' joke before twitter latched onto it was godzilla asking king kong wearing batmans' armor to save mothra, so i was right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Mothra and KK make such a thematically complimentary dyad that it’s shocking nobody has put them together in a film yet.

Ebirah was supposed to be a Kong movie, so it nearly happened in the 60s.