Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

what the gently caress

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Areola Grande

nature's lollipop

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jesus loving Christ :mods: :siren:

Areola Grande

I was hungey :kiddo:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You didn't even boil it first :wtc: :bang: :argh: :leavemtg:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

A truly shameful snype.

Areola Grande

:wth:

Areola Grande

I'm v sorry beer pal. As u were

kuskus

beer pal I’m curious about your thoughts on pairing fruit. what’s a good combination?

kuskus

like this? the ruby red grapefruit is from FFA (future farmers of america) driven up from Florida

cruft

The last two bunches of bananas we've not finished, and then wind up with two bananas that start turning black. Then one day the bananas are gone and there's a new loaf of sweet bread in their place.

Beer pal, can you help me understand what's happening here? Is this a normal process for bananas? Are gnomes involved somehow?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

kuskus posted:

like this? the ruby red grapefruit is from FFA (future farmers of america) driven up from Florida

:stare:

kuskus

beer pal I would like to apologize for my posting exuberance regarding banana handling; my nieces and nephews think I am a freak for always entering the banana pod in unconventional ways. I simply hate peeling it from the top; side entry is the way imo.

I am going to make another gallon of mead in about 9 days and I am wondering WHAT fruits to include, any tips??

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
just had a juicy beef steak tomatoe, ate it like an apple and spit out the seeds. currently have a large piece of the skin stuck to the roof of my mouth. 8/10 on the fruit scale.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

just had a juicy beef steak tomatoe, ate it like an apple and spit out the seeds. currently have a large piece of the skin stuck to the roof of my mouth. 8/10 on the fruit scale.

Quality fruiting! How was it relative to, say, a warm tomato from the garden?

Manifisto

today's lunchtime froot roll-up, the cherry variety, was a welcome surprise. I've noticed a distinct decline in the intensity of the cherry product over the past couple of years, corresponding to disappointing harvests in the pacific northwest. today's rollups had the brightness and acidity I remember from my childhood; when I closed my eyes I could imagine myself in a cherry orchard at harvest time, shakers of sodium citrate and acetylated monoglycerides in hand, probably getting cherry stains all over my clothes lol. there was also a near-optimal level of adhesion between the froot and the acetate backing, which is by no means always the case. as an added bonus, they seem to have slightly increased the font size used in the nutritional information, which is no small matter because maintaining optimal potassium intake is staggeringly important.

I would love to see a comparable improvement in the strawberry kiwi kick product, which will, I am fairly sure, require the new zealanders to stop sending us their medium-quality fruit and give us access to the good stuff. you can tear your eyes away from rugby for five seconds guys, I know you can.

all in all, a spot of sunshine in an otherwise troubled world. 8.7/10 (there's always room to improve!)

ty nesamdoom!

nut

Manifisto posted:

today's lunchtime froot roll-up, the cherry variety, was a welcome surprise. I've noticed a distinct decline in the intensity of the cherry product over the past couple of years, corresponding to disappointing harvests in the pacific northwest. today's rollups had the brightness and acidity I remember from my childhood; when I closed my eyes I could imagine myself in a cherry orchard at harvest time, shakers of sodium citrate and acetylated monoglycerides in hand, probably getting cherry stains all over my clothes lol. there was also a near-optimal level of adhesion between the froot and the acetate backing, which is by no means always the case. as an added bonus, they seem to have slightly increased the font size used in the nutritional information, which is no small matter because maintaining optimal potassium intake is staggeringly important.

I would love to see a comparable improvement in the strawberry kiwi kick product, which will, I am fairly sure, require the new zealanders to stop sending us their medium-quality fruit and give us access to the good stuff. you can tear your eyes away from rugby for five seconds guys, I know you can.

all in all, a spot of sunshine in an otherwise troubled world. 8.7/10 (there's always room to improve!)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

lol

beer pal

very bland strawberries today. maybe its a little early for strawberry season. banana was okay - none of the regular bananas were green enough when i was at the store so i got one of the bundles of organic ones which is a bit of a crapshoot in my experience. very nice mandarins though, quite plump and juicy. could be just a little more flavourful though if i had my way

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

OP please tell me more about the strawberries--what was the redness quotient?

beer pal

mostly fairly deep red, some berries with a little whiteness around the stem

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is a good sign, perhaps that means that I too can be mildly disappointed in some berries soon. Our store doesn't have ANY yet.

beer pal

much better strawberries in this batch. a few a bit too ripe for me (soft and too sweet) but most of them just right

beer pal

just had some raspberries - pretty good

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:nice: how's the comparison to say, a nice ripe summer berry please???

beer pal

whats a summer berry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Beer pal's all-nude fruit revue

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!