Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In my opinion, it might be more correct to call him Subpar Baby 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't forget about him because he's in dokkan as a lovely farmable unit

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This is my normal state and this is a super baby. And this is a super baby that ascended past a super baby. You can call this...Super Baby 2

And this is to go even further beyond...WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

It just really bugs me that there's a 2 beside his name in Fighterz... whats the point? Is there another Baby in this game?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
they should have called him Boss Baby

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Aurora posted:

i don't forget about him because he's in dokkan as a lovely farmable unit

I actually don't have him in dokkan. I wish i did, I'd put him on my team of stupid dragon ball characters with giru, candy vegito, goo vegeta, etc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

dr.acula posted:

It just really bugs me that there's a 2 beside his name in Fighterz... whats the point? Is there another Baby in this game?

Wow only one baby labeled 2 that's a whole new level of cost efficiency for this prank.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I actually don't have him in dokkan. I wish i did, I'd put him on my team of stupid dragon ball characters with giru, candy vegito, goo vegeta, etc
you take that back about candy vegito

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus I forgot about those stupid fins/radiators/vertical stabilizers.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The 2 distracts you from the fact that he'd otherwise be named "Super Baby" and how dumb that also is

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's baby vegeta (strongest form 2) according to databooks but that would be even worse

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My main memory of Super Baby 2 is that he turns into Golden Oozaru Baby and prevents me from being able to (and/or bothering to) beat Ultimate Tenkaichi

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
going to talk like austin powers the whole time I play as Super Baby II

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Aurora posted:

it's baby vegeta (strongest form 2) according to databooks but that would be even worse

revealing you have a Strongest Form but also another one that's even stronger is extremely DBZ

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ultra Instinct
Mastered Ultra Instinct

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zedd posted:

Ultra Instinct
Mastered Ultra Instinct

Going to be a sad time when the inevitable happens fighting Granolah this arc :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm betting on Perfected Ultra Instinct being the next one. I'm hoping for Ultra Instinct 2 though. Maybe Giga Instinct?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Omega Instinct

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Super Perfect Ultra Instinct (100% Full Power)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The best thing they can do with it is just going "oh oh oh you thought you mastered it? You fool!"

We are getting a SSJ form with different hair color though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

[quietly, as if from the back of a crowd]

"How about Ultra Kaioken?"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

mui is basically kaioken considering he blew out his spine using it the first time

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes but imagine if he focused and became twice as masterful and ultra, but only for short bursts.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What happens when Goku is able to do the stuff he does during Ultra Instinct, but in base form? Does his Ultra Instinct get better or does Ultra Instinct become superfluous?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

What happens when Goku is able to do the stuff he does during Ultra Instinct, but in base form? Does his Ultra Instinct get better or does Ultra Instinct become superfluous?

I think the point of Ultra Instinct is that you can't possibly reach that state in a normal form. You are transcending mortal limits and existing in a state that even gods have trouble reaching.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel the manga will slow down on power ups for Goku. He's specifically not perfect in using Ultra Instinct yet despite being able to trigger it at will now, so the focus will likely be on him mastering its use and reaching Whis' level.

We may get a minor variation on it like a Full Power Ultra Instinct but no big changes.

The transformations will go to Vegeta instead as he tries and fails to catch up to Goku by going through every possible shade of blue.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel the manga will slow down on power ups for Goku. He's specifically not perfect in using Ultra Instinct yet despite being able to trigger it at will now, so the focus will likely be on him mastering its use and reaching Whis' level.

We may get a minor variation on it like a Full Power Ultra Instinct but no big changes.

The transformations will go to Vegeta instead as he tries and fails to catch up to Goku by going through every possible shade of blue.

I'm still salty that blue evolved was not called Royal Blue. Come on, it was perfect!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

More mastery than mastered, sounds like DBZ alright.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Chapter's up https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008330

Some interesting things here. Granolah's explicitely strong for a mortal but weaker than Freeza, which makes me wonder how he'll power up to such an extreme extent that he can be an actual adversary this arc. As well, he doesn't seem to be evil per-se, merely a bounty hunter, and his clash with Goku and Vegeta will be due to how he's been wronged in the past by the Saiyans and Freeza (perhaps interestingly, the one face that is distinct in his flashbacks is that of Great Ape Bardock, so if he saw Bardock in his base state, he'll have a bone to pick with Goku specifically even beyond his race).

As well, Beerus pointing out that the Gods of Destruction had to have something beyond Ultra Instinct since being calm does not fit them is a surprisingly logical thing. What it is is unclear, but it's clear that Vegeta will take it as his own path to power. Seeing how Destruction energy is normally purple, that's a colour that has not been used for a Saiyan-related transformation before, so I guess we'll get purple hair Vegeta soon enough.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Goku needs an intervention

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

vegeta already has purple as his color with galick gun

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Cerealians :allears:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Tbf, he doesn't say BEYOND ultra instinct as much as he implies it is equal.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really do want to see the purple hair Vegeta they're strongly implying we're going to get out of this arc.

Also, it looks like Blaze was right about Goku's power growth being further mastery over Ultra Instinct, making the name "Mastered Ultra Instinct" have an amazing asterisk.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You'd think after the series has gone on for this long people would cut it out with the 'oh boy Vegeta is finally going to get his due this arc :)' posts, it's just never going to happen

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

multijoe posted:

You'd think after the series has gone on for this long people would cut it out with the 'oh boy Vegeta is finally going to get his due this arc :)' posts, it's just never going to happen

I don't expect him to actually accomplish anything, but the new form sounds cool.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Look after him being an unrepentant rear end in a top hat for like a solid 70% of DBZ, I'm happy that Vegeta's eternal punishment is to Job Forever.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The setup chapters are always the better ones.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

multijoe posted:

He honestly got a pretty good payout in the Super anime. Getting a unique form that didn't immediately job and convincingly defeating out one of the big antagonists 1v1 is way beyond what non-Gokus can usually hope to achieve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he was actually useful during moro too despite moro going 'nuh uh' afterwards