Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh my god. What the gently caress. Just repeating these two phrases while shaking my head slowly for like 12 hours.
An unconscionable snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The original Willy Wonka movie did a good job handling the weird pygmy worker colonialism of the book by just making them weird orange fantasy dwarves in lederhosen.

Can't wait to see how this one fucks it up or tries to steer away from it only to crash back into it.

what if the dwarves are slaves but also they like slavery and we are the real kinkshamy racists for thinking theres a problem with that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Honestly wouldn't be a big stretch to go with the Oompa-Loompas being the real brains of the operation and Wonka's just the frontman.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
total incapacity to make anything but a sequel or a prequel

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Honestly wouldn't be a big stretch to go with the Oompa-Loompas being the real brains of the operation and Wonka's just the frontman.

remember when they tried this with lone ranger and proceeded to gently caress it up by attaching every bizarre racist trope they could think of to tonto for no reason

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Are you Adam Curtis testing out a book concept?

speaking of, new adam curtis doc this year

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/1345397934473539585?s=19

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/1345399482868002816?s=20

:sickos:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
watching The Death of Stalin on one of the two state owned networks, as he would have intended :ussr:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

huh, would you look at that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9MELDeS5o

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
fuckin diabolical

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1351987644499193858?s=20

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Equeen posted:

Yeah, Rorschach was a violent wingnut, but by the end of the story it was the rich guy who killed millions of people for “peace”.

adrian veidt did nothing wrong.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Feranon posted:

adrian veidt did nothing wrong.

adrian veidt is the epitome of liberal politics, "sure a lot of people died...but I, the rich person, am fine and accomplished my goals"

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Peanut President posted:

adrian veidt is the epitome of liberal politics, "sure a lot of people died...but I, the rich person, am fine and accomplished my goals"

it would have worked if nobody ratted him. also i like his egyptian themed lair and bubsy

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Feranon posted:

it would have worked if nobody ratted him. also i like his egyptian themed lair and bubsy

It wouldn't have worked because the underlying causes of the cold war wasn't solved. After 10 or so years people would've started turning their guns back on each other. That's what Manhattan tells him before he poofs out of existence "In the end? Nothing ever ends."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

and ofc in real life the USSR collapsed, ending the cold war abruptly in just a few short years. it wasn't a gordian knot requiring the unique talents of the world's smarted person to unpick after all.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

ok fine i just like egyptian poo poo and mutant felines. and hate rorschach.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it's fine to hate Rorschach, he's a real piece of poo poo

it's just that so is literally every other character in Watchmen

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

except bubastis :3

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the pirate ship comic was so loving stupid and boring. or shipwreck. whatever it was, it sucked

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

DoubleDonut posted:

it's fine to hate Rorschach, he's a real piece of poo poo

it's just that so is literally every other character in Watchmen

that's the ultimate punchline, rorschach's morals are repulsive and incoherent but he's ultimately the only one who has even thought about a moral justification for spending all his time crippling muggers, the rest of them are either doing it for kicks or to massage their egos, or both.

so they murder him.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Peanut President posted:

He did get some sort of comeuppance in the show.

Yeah, his storyline was a complete waste of time, but seeing Jeremy Irons ham it up was one of the few bright spots on that mess of a mystery box.

indigi posted:

the pirate ship comic was so loving stupid and boring. or shipwreck. whatever it was, it sucked

Wasn't it supposed to be an analogy to the Comedian's descent into despair?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Wasn't it supposed to be an analogy to the Comedian's descent into despair?

something like that but it was true garbaggio

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s a satyr play but as we all know the only valid aquatic based media is master and commander

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Westworld season 3 is Extremely Stupid

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

the show has been garbage since season 1, it just took people a while to look past the good acting and production values

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

indigi posted:

There's a season 3 of Westworld?

...WHY???

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

yeah they totally pissed away all the potential on this one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

babypolis posted:

the show has been garbage since season 1, it just took people a while to look past the good acting and production values

agreed but at least in seasons one and two they had some consistent themes and actually had a role for each character. season 3 would be completely unchanged if Bernard wasn’t in it and like 3/4 of the story from season 2 (which also was dumb, but had way better performances and production) just got shitcanned for What If Computer Boss

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the end of wws1 was good, and they should have ended it there

but no, everything has to be loving sequelized and cash cowed

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Clip-On Fedora posted:

There's a season 3 of Westworld?

...WHY???

hbo gave nolan a five season deal

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

babypolis posted:

yeah exactly, my largest victory in the culture war recently was getting a friend to bail on ww after finishing season 1

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Egg Moron posted:

yeah exactly, my largest victory in the culture war recently was getting a friend to bail on ww after finishing season 1

wow congratulations

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If Biden brings back the 90's what will we be nonspecifically afraid of again?? Aliens?? God I hope the 2020's brings a new Renaissance of alien invasion movies

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If Biden brings back the 90's what will we be nonspecifically afraid of again?? Aliens?? God I hope the 2020's brings a new Renaissance of alien invasion movies

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well the second ID4 did end with a big dumb sequel hook.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

wonder if Call of Duty is going to dip its toe into Xinjiang

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

If Biden brings back the 90's what will we be nonspecifically afraid of again??

Trans panic is right there. Buffalo Bills and The Crying Game for everyone!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Alien Nation reboot when???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

eco-terrorism was the big deal for non-scifi threats. every drat cop show had an eco-terrorist episode, even the drat xfiles

edit: hell one of the main characters in Jurassic Park 2 is a fuckin ecoterrorist