Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If I were arc sys Id release DBFZ2 and it would include all the dlc characters except the saiyins and then I would count my motherfucking DLC cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

No in person Frosty's this year but the online tourney is gonna be good. 500 person +r, 256 skullgirls. Starts Friday.

https://twitter.com/FrostyFaustings/status/1351710710007554048

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Barudak posted:

If I were arc sys Id release DBFZ2 and it would include all the dlc characters except the saiyins and then I would count my motherfucking DLC cash.

bamco is gonna ride the pants off dbfz, xenoverse 2 is like 15 years old and still getting regular dlc

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they should just make a one piece game next and then do what they did before and put them and all the dbz characters into a single game

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

gogeta/goku/vegeta/vegito sell like crazy. if you look at steam sales data/reviews/etc theres literally like 3x/4x the amount of people who own ultra instinct goku than master roshi. people literally not even buying the fighter pass so they can just buy all the gokus and not get anyone else because they dont care about anyone but goku. hard to blame arcsys for following the money.

that said ssj4 gogeta is a weird pull since, super saiyan blue gogeta is already in the game and already has some moves taken from gt gogeta. iunno what they'll do to make ssj4 gogeta distinct. its a shame since baby is technically a vegeta but is super unique.

You're definitely right there, if you look at the twitter thread it's basically all people being insanely hyped up for this release. I don't really get it, and there's so many other cool characters they could pull, and where's Hercule the world's strongest martial artist, but I guess they definitely know the audience.

sharrrk posted:

they should just make a one piece game next and then do what they did before and put them and all the dbz characters into a single game

I would be insanely into this, been holding out hope for some sort of One Piece fighting game, or even some sort of Shonen Jump Cross Tag Battle style game.

Actually I think I'd be even more into the latter of those options, I still love BBTAG

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Mr. Satan's not in the game for a very simple reason - ASW has been sticking to the source material as much as possible, either by their own choice or by Toei telling them to, to animate the characters outside of a few cute references like giving Cell his M. Bison slide from Super Butouden 2, and Mr. Satan literally does not have a single full fight to work with.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Mr. Satan's not in the game for a very simple reason - ASW has been sticking to the source material as much as possible, either by their own choice or by Toei telling them to, to animate the characters outside of a few cute references like giving Cell his M. Bison slide from Super Butouden 2, and Mr. Satan literally does not have a single full fight to work with.

3 years after release and goons still don't get this - only characters with actual moves and battles are in this game. People want to play cool characters that have actually done something, and don't want to spend money on joke dlc characters ala dan. Plus 3 of the last 4 dlc characters have been extremely quirky non gokus (and UI shares all of 1 animation with the other gokus and plays nothing like them

Oberst fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 20, 2021

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The movelist thing has never been true, but I could definitely believe Bamco knows that using dev time on Mr Satan for a smaller game roster than the typical DBZ game with inflated character rosters would probably end up being a waste on its fanbase.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hercule saved the world from Buu until some jerk shot Buu's dog, he totally deserves a roster spot!

Boogalo posted:

No in person Frosty's this year but the online tourney is gonna be good. 500 person +r, 256 skullgirls. Starts Friday.

https://twitter.com/FrostyFaustings/status/1351710710007554048

Thanks for posting this, I'd totally forgotten about it! Think I'll enter +R and bftg despite not really playing any fighting games for the last month or two. Should be fun to get back into it even if it's a 0-2

Now watch my matches somehow come up on stream lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Barudak posted:

I just assumed Majin Vegeta was already in.

There are a lot of characters for DBFZ that could be added that aren't saiyins but saiyins sell.

It still bugs me that SSJ Vegeta doesn't have a Majin alt.

I know that due to the way ASW animates their models that alt costumes aren't a simple thing for them to do, but there's no way you can convince me that it would be much effort to make that one

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
UI Goku being probably the strongest character in the game right now probably helped some sales even for people who don’t feel that strongly about Goku

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

videl is probably similar to how hercule would turn out (just make hercule funnier and find/replace saiyaman with fat buu) and nobody bought videl and nobody plays her and also shes the worst character in the game because they dug a mechanical hole with her. i can get why they arent rushing to do it again

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It would be very swell if both T7 and DBFZ released their final characters in the next few months. Let these games breathe for a bit and then give us a new entry.

Tempted to toxx that the last T7 char is Jun.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Endorph posted:

videl is probably similar to how hercule would turn out (just make hercule funnier and find/replace saiyaman with fat buu) and nobody bought videl and nobody plays her and also shes the worst character in the game because they dug a mechanical hole with her. i can get why they arent rushing to do it again

just make hercule a karate man with a jetpack. it's not complicated

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

So someone said it as a throwaway joke like 5 pages ago but I was playing guilty gear and smash bros with some folks and a couple of them kept calling characters "champions" and I was screaming internally

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I still want Raditz and his dumb calendar moveset

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I’d like some final surprise pick like Pikkon or Moro or something, but I know we aren’t getting that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mechafunkzilla posted:

just make hercule a karate man with a jetpack. it's not complicated

give satan dr. doom's square dash

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey guys I might be getting an arcade stick soon and getting some KOF 2002 and other fighting games in, possibly guilty gear strive when it’s out, is there a good FGV discord for fighting games so I can find other people and play with them?

Thanks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i want bulma throwing capsules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

:same:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Hey guys I might be getting an arcade stick soon and getting some KOF 2002 and other fighting games in, possibly guilty gear strive when it’s out, is there a good FGV discord for fighting games so I can find other people and play with them?

Thanks

To be honest going to individual subreddits for discord links for specific games might be the way to go for this kind of thing. Unlike somewhere like r/kappa, a lot of those channels do run games a fair amount even for games with less traffic and popularity

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

MechaX posted:

To be honest going to individual subreddits for discord links for specific games might be the way to go for this kind of thing. Unlike somewhere like r/kappa, a lot of those channels do run games a fair amount even for games with less traffic and popularity

ok I'll check it out thanks

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Endorph posted:

Difference could be just making Hercule's Buu assist moves not crap and finding a better ability to replace reflects than dodging. Or maybe give him a dodge roll instead of a spot dodge.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I still want Raditz and his dumb calendar moveset
:emptyquote:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I would want playable Chichi before Mr. Satan. There, I said it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mustache Vegeta.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Every time they announce a new character and it’s another goku or vegeta and NOT chichi I’m mad as hell. I don’t even play the game anymore and it angrys the blood!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Wish list priority order is objectively:

Bulma >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mercenary Tao >> Pikkon > Moro > Chi-Chi > DBS Broly ver Young Raditz > Gohan Blanco > Raditz

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You guys realize you've had this same loving conversation with each other 100 times already right.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Kongming posted:

You guys realize you've had this same loving conversation with each other 100 times already right.

This thread is a hard read indeed

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kongming posted:

well yeah

what else is there to talk about though

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Kongming posted:

the internet is for goku

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kongming posted:

look if there's a game with recursive discussion, it's dbfz

If it's not about Goku it's about x character getting in the game and if it's not about x character getting in the game it's about Goku

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
maybe if the only thing on the horizon wasn't updates to already existing games and strive there'd be more to talk about, but alas I can't get us behind discussion of such niche games as whatever the hell that phantom breaker game coming out is and idk the new fgo survey brought up an fgo fighting game for like the 6th year in a row maybe something'll finally come out of that

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I would love if they made a Grand Order sequel to Unlimited Codes. These days Fate has SO MANY characters to draw from they can go fuckin NUTS

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

If we're requesting meme gokus I want Pro-weed President Goku and Inexplicably Muslim Goku

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Kongming posted:

I guess we can talk about Capcom Cup

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain Baal posted:

the new fgo survey brought up an fgo fighting game for like the 6th year in a row maybe something'll finally come out of that

:newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kongming posted:

The matchup may be known but there's always room for surprises.