Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

quote:

The first dinosaur butthole ever discovered is shedding light where the sun don't shine. The discovery reveals how dinosaurs used this multipurpose opening — scientifically known as a cloacal vent — for pooping, peeing, breeding and egg laying.

The dinosaur's derrière is so well preserved, researchers could see the remnants of two small bulges by its "back door," which might have housed musky scent glands that the reptile possibly used during courtship — an anatomical quirk also seen in living crocodilians, said scientists who studied the specimen.

https://www.livescience.com/first-dinosaur-butthole-found.html

I don't normally feel like BYOB should be getting news articles, but this seems like the BYOBbiest news article I've read in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueDekuNuts

quote:

The first dinosaur butthole ever discovered is shedding light where the sun don't shine.

Best sentence I have ever read.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Paleontologists fiercely debating what dinosaur sex felt like and whether they cuddled afterward.

nut

i could've told u that with a lot less time and money

alexandriao

all paleontologists are furries and scalies -- NO EXCEPTIONS

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
that one really weird grad student on the dig: *sweating, breathing heavily* "yeah... yeah that's a butthole..."

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Luvcow posted:

that one really weird grad student on the dig: *sweating, breathing heavily* "yeah... yeah that's a butthole..."

:pervert:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
you scientists were too busy asking whether or not you could, you never took the time to ask yourself whether you should look at dinosaur assholes

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 20, 2021

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alnilam

ty manifisto

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

you scientists were too busy asking whether or not you could, you never took the time to ask yourself whether you should look at dinosaur assholes

i mean sometimes the answer is an instant "well yes obviously we should" so i don't really fault them this time

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

Behold Your Oviraptor's Butthole

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

google THIS

Jeff Goldblum: (sheepishly) Life, uh...

Baby dinosaur with Jeff Goldblum's face: ...finds a way.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
a huge breakthrough. soon technology will allow us to preserve dinosaur buttholes at industrial scales

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

Jeff Goldblum: (sheepishly) Life, uh...

Baby dinosaur with Jeff Goldblum's face: ...finds a way.

Trying

dinasaur b-holes had majestic plumage. sorry if you're too square to handle it, this is what science is

Heather Papps

hello friend

Royal Updog posted:

dinasaur b-holes had majestic plumage. sorry if you're too square to handle it, this is what science is

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

Someday, dad, someday I will draw and sculpt dinosaur buttholes for a living! And then you'll see that I wasn't "wasting my potential," and you will apologize to me, man-to-man!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
*starts to blow into 3d model of velociraptor larynx*
"Wait, I have a better idea..."

Prof. Crocodile

That paleontologist told me that *my* butthole was perfect and unique, too. Why do I keep falling for fuccbois? :negative:

nut

turns to camera and sighs “it’s a livin”

google THIS

Bump to put both dinosaur butthole threads on page 1

Escape From Noise

Oh poo poo! I didn't see this thread when I posted mine!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the b-hole™ is all about respectable buttholes regardless off phylum

cruft

This is big enough butthole news that it deserves two BYOB threads minimum. Honestly I'd be shocked if this butthole news hadn't leaked into other forums as well.

Prof. Crocodile

cruft posted:

This is big enough butthole news that it deserves two BYOB threads minimum. Honestly I'd be shocked if this butthole news hadn't leaked into other forums as well.

the bhole was prominently featured in geebus last week.

google THIS

cruft posted:

butthole

google THIS

The second preserved dinosaur butthole is going to have a tough act to follow

cruft

google THIS posted:

The second preserved dinosaur butthole is going to have a tough act to follow

Buttholes following buttholes in some sort of butthole parade. What a concept.

FutonForensic

breaking news: the hole has been stolen. the gape has been crapnapped. a nation in tears

Stoner Sloth

FutonForensic posted:

breaking news: the hole has been stolen. the gape has been crapnapped. a nation in tears

our country gapes with grief

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

google THIS

FutonForensic posted:

mrw we finally find it again

cruft

How can it be both "perfect" and "unique"?

Like, a perfect butthole would be an ideal butthole, right? And you would expect that the ideal butthole is in fact the normal butthole. So by virtue of being perfect, it cannot be unique.

I rest my case.

Nosfereefer

if we evolved from dinosaurs, why are there still buttholes around? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

cruft posted:

How can it be both "perfect" and "unique"?

Like, a perfect butthole would be an ideal butthole, right? And you would expect that the ideal butthole is in fact the normal butthole. So by virtue of being perfect, it cannot be unique.

I rest my case.

it's the Platonic concept of perfection... like when you look at the statue of Adonis and understand that it's the ideal form of man but it's far from common... this is Adonis' butthole, but if he were a dinosaur