Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

lol kai wynn says “deplorable” in the election episode

shes so dang fun to hate. ds9 easily has the best characters and actors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

in one of my geology classes in college we got extra credit for writing a paper about all the scientific inaccuracies depicted in The Core

easily one of the more fun papers to put together. rocks profs have a really weird love/hate relationship with that flick lol

Never try to lick THE CORE.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:rock:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

rocks profs have a really weird love/hate relationship with that flick lol

how many other mainstream movies about geology are there even

there was that one year where there were two movies about volcanos but I think that's it

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

cmon armageddon??

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I watched this about the upcoming indie crime flick FLINCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC18GuchZUs

and drat the main bad guy was a gamble, he just kept loving up and being sent to Rikers (IRL I mean, not in the film) :o:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

frankly though that guy burned studio kyoto down and killed everyone,

wait what

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

wait what
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Animation_arson_attack

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

:stare: jesus

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the kyoto fire was fuckin inhuman. just horrible :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

what the gently caress i had entirely memory holed this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this write up makes it sound like people were just sitting around watching as he doused them in gasoline

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump_fn posted:

what the gently caress i had entirely memory holed this

the usa was probably focused on epstein at the time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

indigi posted:

this write up makes it sound like people were just sitting around watching as he doused them in gasoline

i mean it probably took like 8 seconds from busting in the door to flames, if you're an anime artist working on some cels you aren't gonna jump into combat mode and serpentine mozambique a dude that busts in hollering about plagiarism

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHChysMgcQ

Add one part The 100, one part Into The Badlands, a pinch of Hunger Games aesthetic and shake.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

this was a weird one, but a lot of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRvZ8siWLY

guy gets addicted to putting things in his butt, inclduing entire human beings

played almost completely straight

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the new one-armed swordsman was not very good. heroes of the east was ok. good fights, but the plot was pretty bad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1351987644499193858

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol 2003

https://twitter.com/TomAznable/status/1351955891222941696

according to wikipedia, at that time karl urban had a 3 year old so those toys are definitely for him to play with

however viggo had a 15 year old so i guess karl's gonna be bummed that viggo isn't gonna play with him

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

gotta say, if i had dumptrucks full of money, i'd probably buy dumb toy stuff too

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

these guys both rule

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol is that Marshawn Lynch in season 3 of Westworld

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm wathcing the movie Kin and it's a decent little sci fi movie. nothing special but if anyone is looking for something to watch it's solid

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why can’t they just input Dolores’ source code into Rehoboam and figure out what she’s going to do

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

why can’t they just input Dolores’ source code into Rehoboam and figure out what she’s going to do

because the overarching plot is just an extremely flimsy excuse to set up a few specific scenes which aren't even that good

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

westworld is pretty but dumb just like me so maybe like don’t think about it and just enjoy the optics

what’s character x’s motivation? they, like you, just want whatever the coolest possible thing to happen next

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

does it make sense for the all controlling brain of society fo be hanging out in a hotel lobby? sure, why not, who cares

like being 13 and imaging matrix wireworks battles at the brutalist urban renewal commercial park downtown, but actually on hbo

gently caress it give me an intelligent agent sidekick motorcycle

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bikelores as she became known was one of the best things in s3

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how come sometimes Dolores has aimbot enabled and sometimes she can’t hit a shot to save her life. how come they don’t kill Ocean’s 12 dude when they have the chance. why not just blow up Rehoboam. how come Ocean’s 12 dude doesn’t have any loving security at the office where Rehoboam is

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

how come sometimes Dolores has aimbot enabled and sometimes she can’t hit a shot to save her life. how come they don’t kill Ocean’s 12 dude when they have the chance. why not just blow up Rehoboam. how come Ocean’s 12 dude doesn’t have any loving security at the office where Rehoboam is

here's a fun thing to think about : the computer that runs the entire world has less physical security than its insane twin brother they keep in mexico

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

she doesn’t have bad aim she’s just lagging

if only bernard had written better netcode

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

qirex posted:

here's a fun thing to think about : the computer that runs the entire world has less physical security than its insane twin brother they keep in mexico

oh poo poo they have another one? I’m only on episode six

they clearly had zero loving clue what to do with Bernard this season. he exists for expository infodumps (either from or to him) and that’s it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sorry I spoiled it, it's not actually important mostly just a setup for a disappointing fight scene

mystes
May 31, 2006

I stopped watching part way through season two but season 3 sounds pretty wacky from what people are saying here.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

qirex posted:

sorry I spoiled it, it's not actually important mostly just a setup for a disappointing fight scene

the worst possible sin of westworld; being boring

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

please tell me they ripped off neuromancer

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

idk how it manages to be less coherent than the last abruptly abridged season of person of interest, despite being by the same people

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t really understand how Paris got nuked but London, LA, SF, New York, Tokyo, etc all seem to have gone unscathed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

please tell me they ripped off neuromancer

not at all. I have a feeling johnathan nolan read it but probably like 30 years ago and never again

it's mostly weird to me that person of interest was so much better at the same ideas with a much smaller production team and budget but maybe that's why it was better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

i think it was terrorists and not ww3