Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

See, his problem was that he didn't rely on solid fundamentals.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Not a great conclusion.

There's no point to have a big reveal about how this guy can do the super awesome secret Removal technique and then have him get tossed in the dumpster in ten seconds by Agito going "no, you can't beat me anyway" and punching his head off without the Removal actually accomplishing a single thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the idea is that it is stupid and pointless if you can only use it once and not practice with it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Removal's been a let down, huh? Wrecked by Gensai and Agito easily. that said, I enjoyed the chapter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kanos posted:

Not a great conclusion.

There's no point to have a big reveal about how this guy can do the super awesome secret Removal technique and then have him get tossed in the dumpster in ten seconds by Agito going "no, you can't beat me anyway" and punching his head off without the Removal actually accomplishing a single thing.

Same sentiment. Compounded by the deflation of the Wu clan not being ultimately opposed to the Kure's since it's only Edward and a splinter faction siding with Niko

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really love clown suit Okuba just jumping up and hugging Agito :allears:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope Edward's match is really good, he's been getting lowkey hyped up ever since the tournament started

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Chapter was good. I think the real point of this is that Lu-tian was actually dumped as well. He was used by the other Niko to develop "advance" from Removal and then tossed aside, likely without even realizing it. Other Niko then focused on Ohma and the perfected Niko Style created by "Good" Niko seeking to combine the two paths.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You might as well put Okubo's clown outfit on the rest of Purgatory and Worm.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kanos posted:

Not a great conclusion.

True, but I think my question here would be is Lu actually the prodigy Neko Niko was referring to.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brought To You By posted:

Same sentiment. Compounded by the deflation of the Wu clan not being ultimately opposed to the Kure's since it's only Edward and a splinter faction siding with Niko

see this makes sense though why would they suddenly give a poo poo and it even seems unlikely that the kure never knew about them. Considering that Toyoda is the richest man on the planet who runs purgatory entirely himself it makes sense that the head of the Wu is there since one of his people is

Caidin posted:

True, but I think my question here would be is Lu actually the prodigy Neko Niko was referring to.

I don't think so because we know that whoever was the villain at the end of Ashura took pride in being the only niko style practitioner and agree wtih the people who think Lu Tian was also just being used

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Yeah, the interaction with Okubo and Agito was pretty great. Okubo came away from their first conversation thinking he was weird for not getting Ultraman references and just generally not knowing how to interact with people. So this is pretty much just showing us in another way how far Agito has come in the past few years. Lu Tian was actually pretty strong but yeah, a bit disappointing still.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope okubo fucks someone up

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Stairmaster posted:

I hope okubo fucks someone up

And he'd better keep the clown outfit on the whole time.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
If Okubo absolutely destroys somebody in that clown outfit I will be very happy. I do kinda wonder where on the tier list Okubo falls in general though. He's got STRONG FUNDAMENTALS, which is a mark in his favor, but he lacks a beard, a weird face, or some other gimmick. Maybe that's the clown outfit's purpose?

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I really love that Removal users are getting bodied. gently caress that kinda technique in mangas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Was expecting this to go on another chapter at least, honestly.

Worth it to be able to update the wiki to say Kiryu Setsuna Status: Alive already though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Possible emotional support Setsuna?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who is left and who is going to fight lolong donaire

Big fan of metsudo dancing around after the win

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

see this makes sense though why would they suddenly give a poo poo and it even seems unlikely that the kure never knew about them. Considering that Toyoda is the richest man on the planet who runs purgatory entirely himself it makes sense that the head of the Wu is there since one of his people is
I got a different impression regarding the Kure/Wu feud. Because it was made clear that the major factor to the merger between Purgatory and the Kengan Association was to create a bulwark. One to keep the foreign powers Metsuda had previously been holding back out of Japan for the foreseeable future. So the Wu clan waiting until now to eradicate the Kure's didn't strike me as odd, nor that either side was unaware of the other, it just wasn't economical prior to this timeframe for the Wu's to make any big plays. As per this chapter It's just not as imposing a plotline anymore because the Kure clan is all but confirmed to be safe from any major problems now. Even Alan might not be on Edward's side.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we already knew that whatever alliance between the worm and wu was wasn't exactly huge and the worm have always been the principle enemy. An interesting thing is did the guys who invaded the kengan annihilation tournament and knew the advance have newer training than Lu Tian or what

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Zodiac5000 posted:

If Okubo absolutely destroys somebody in that clown outfit I will be very happy. I do kinda wonder where on the tier list Okubo falls in general though. He's got STRONG FUNDAMENTALS, which is a mark in his favor, but he lacks a beard, a weird face, or some other gimmick. Maybe that's the clown outfit's purpose?

- With Rihito and Kaneda, one of the 'three idiots' faction

- Horny but bad at dating

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's funny that this is underground fighting but okubo is famous and rich as gently caress for being the king of pro MMA

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Jose posted:

Who is left and who is going to fight lolong donaire

I could see Ohma, Wakatsuki, or Okubo taking on the cross-armed king.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well I reckon ohma will in fact fight lolong donaire and toku2 maybe arashiyama. But it's hard to call

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

It's funny that this is underground fighting but okubo is famous and rich as gently caress for being the king of pro MMA

Yeah and Gaolang is the same but for boxing.

Like wasn't he number 2 behind El Dorado?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah and Gaolang is the same but for boxing.

Like wasn't he number 2 behind El Dorado?

Iirc Gaolang was number 1, and only was number 2 in P4P while El Dorado was active

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Artelier posted:

Iirc Gaolang was number 1, and only was number 2 in P4P while El Dorado was active

They didn't box at the same time (https://mangadex.org/chapter/882698/4), so the P4P rankings mentioned the chapter before are presumably GOAT rankings.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

Not a great conclusion.

Actually, it owns

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, this looks fun

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1177985/1

I see a new friendship is forming

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I love Carlos' attitude after losing, just thinking about how to get stronger. I hope he shows up again.

EDIT: Oh wait he technically didn't lose

RatHat fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 21, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

every single time kazzy gets mistaken for being incredible its funny

guessing thats the line up for the rest of the fights too

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ALL THE FIGHTERS ARE KNEELING BEFORE HIM

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kazuo-sama?! I kneel!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

RatHat posted:

I love Carlos' attitude after losing, just thinking about how to get stronger. I hope he shows up again.

surprisingly chill dude

Jose posted:

every single time kazzy gets mistaken for being incredible its funny

guessing thats the line up for the rest of the fights too

Yamashita Kazuo is not an ordinary man, his plot power is out of this world.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Absolutely amazing faces

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The dumbass peanut gallery in the infirmary and the ol' Kazzy Magic have both made their return this chaper, it's a very good chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
If Kazzy ever stops flop sweating literally every time anything happens I will stop reading this manga.