Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

Not gonna lie, I would play the poo poo out of a game that was essentially just a star wars reskin of the division.

Same. Pretty sure its the only thing that could get me back into the star wars fandom. Last few years been rough on that account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I always thought Republic Commando should have gotten a sequel, so...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you're talking about the Codename Nightmare event, which was supposed to be a rework of Kenley College, that's been reworked to just be an apparel event. It's happening in a few weeks. Whatever it was originally supposed to be, they didn't have the resources for it.

Yeah that's the one - thanks for the information. It's a shame, they seemed fairly excited about it being the end event for the game at the time it was announced.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
IIRC from previous SOTG and Tweets, etc, Massive has at least two teams. The Division people and the Avatar people. Assuming they didn't spin up a third team, it's entirely possible that Division 3 is being worked on now and then once that winds down they'll start shifting that team to Star Wars. The Division is a successful series so I doubt they'd NOT be working on a 3rd entry.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Massive made World In Conflict so I'm confident they can switch genres yet again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol kestrel got his glitch rear end stuck in a desk

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

If they announce a MOAR MANHATTAN expansion, I'm back. Day 1.

More likely, hints at what Div3 will be. I suspect they'll drop the virus thing and go for a "soft-reboot" nuclear attack on a new city.

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't
I'll be a monster because I want another Division game but I just want them to actually confront what we are.

Their use of "Kelso" has become an insufferable excuse to let us be monsters. When they hinted at her dying in the early story missions I crossed my fingers for it. They have her front and center in the cutscene smiling with doe eyes for a real piece of poo poo. I don't think they're simple enough to assume this for their narrative, but I'd gather they'd think so little of their audience considering some of the posts on their forum/reddit.

I don't think their support teams, like the Red Storm CEO who tweeted about how much he loved her, can really take on a third game.

If anything, how they handled to Hunters is proof neither team knows what to do with the series.

Crackpot theory: The hunters are ccp plants considering their gear set markings in 1. But hey, in their original release and context, we're dying/starving/dehydrated. Nobody ever confirmed the bodies in the snow so hey, you were delusional. You didn't know what you were fighting. Lau says shut up, you're needed and hey I'm a sucker for positive reinforcement so sure, I'm ok never speaking a word of this.

Div2? They're all ruskies (see the horrific retcon with sokolov) because otherwise we might threaten a real buyer market in the game, just check the spam in the chat. Shoot/summon them or whatever.

Div1? Eh whatever, they show up in the underground now and Rhodes, the paranoid skitzo, never asks why you go offline at some points. Never think about this.

Everything they've done in Div2 has been the worst possible choice and, more importantly, the coward's choice narratively from one- especially in the wake of all of the fantastic VO messages in West End.

We are bad people given the worst possible authority. The supporting novels- lord help me I've read them- explore more interesting concepts like going rogue after no just blindly following orders.

That should be the core conceit of Div3. We are all equally untrustworthy even in PVE situations.

LackinPants! fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 19, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LackinPants! posted:

I'll be a monster because I want another Division game but I just want them to actually confront what we are.

Their use of "Kelso" has become an insufferable excuse to let us be monsters. When they hinted at her dying in the early story missions I crossed my fingers for it. They have her front and center in the cutscene smiling with doe eyes for a real piece of poo poo. I don't think they're simple enough to assume this for their narrative, but I'd gather they'd think so little of their audience considering some of the posts on their forum/reddit.

I don't think their support teams, like the Red Storm CEO who tweeted about how much he loved her, can really take on a third game.

If anything, how they handled to Hunters is proof neither team knows what to do with the series.

Crackpot theory: The hunters are ccp plants considering their gear set markings in 1. But hey, in their original release and context, we're dying/starving/dehydrated. Nobody ever confirmed the bodies in the snow so hey, you were delusional. You didn't know what you were fighting. Lau says shut up, you're needed and hey I'm a sucker for positive reinforcement so sure, I'm ok never speaking a word of this.

Div2? They're all ruskies (see the horrific retcon with sokolov) because otherwise we might threaten a real buyer market in the game, just check the spam in the chat. Shoot/summon them or whatever.

Div1? Eh whatever, they show up in the underground now and Rhodes, the paranoid skitzo, never asks why you go offline at some points. Never think about this.

Everything they've done in Div2 has been the worst possible choice and, more importantly, the coward's choice narratively from one- especially in the wake of all of the fantastic VO messages in West End.

We are bad people given the worst possible authority. The supporting novels- lord help me I've read them- explore more interesting concepts like going rogue after no just blindly following orders.

That should be the core conceit of Div3. We are all equally untrustworthy even in PVE situations.

They need div3 to have rhodes as your lau/marty and you're going up against SHD to find all the skeleton closets, he's got a cracked copy of ISAC but he's augmented it to be better and more congenial ah poo poo this is turning into watchdogs legion

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
With the combination of disappointing sales, massive getting two new games on their pipeline, the current pandemic and political unrest I'd say they'll take a long-ish break. I wouldn't expect a new division game in the next 2 years at least

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I'd be happy with Star Wars Clone Trooper Division to be honest.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I really hope that's what it is, honestly. I always said that the division environmental/map work is absurdly detailed and that hampers content creation while looking amazing. If they can knock out some regular star wars deserts and jungles and spaceships they'll work much faster. I'm almost certain Lucasfilm wants to jump in on the looter shooter bandwagon, so the chances are high here.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Jedi Academy 2 or I force-choke the next Ubi board video conference

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LackinPants! posted:

As long as it has the Tom Clancy name, it is going to be a typical 'oo rah, America' story. It will never be deeper

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'd be really happy with both a force user looter shooter and a generic grunt looter shooter but I have no doubt that the story would be some of the dumbest Star Wars dross on record.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
maybe it'll be a mandalorian game. It sorta fits the elite non force warrior thing, with gadgets and better gear and all that.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

nerdz posted:

With the combination of disappointing sales, massive getting two new games on their pipeline, the current pandemic and political unrest I'd say they'll take a long-ish break. I wouldn't expect a new division game in the next 2 years at least
I'd go further, I think the franchise is dead for all those reasons. A game built around a global flu pandemic is going to be a real hard sell going forward. Maybe there'll be another DLC to finish off Div 2, but that's it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Inferior posted:

I'd go further, I think the franchise is dead for all those reasons. A game built around a global flu pandemic is going to be a real hard sell going forward.
yeah remember after 9/11 when nobody made any movies about terrorists and/or cities getting wrecked ever again

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roman posted:

yeah remember after 9/11 when nobody made any movies about terrorists and/or cities getting wrecked ever again

I'm gonna just give you a minute here, please just do me a favor and go look up the death counts for 9/11 vs covid-19 and then reconsider the context of those two events and what - maybe - those differences might entail

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
At the risk of dragging this thread into quicksand, you have a sharply traumatic televised spectacle that was over in an afternoon vs a years-long invisible threat that almost everyone will have known someone who caught it and definitely everyone will have been impacted by it. I didn't touch WoNY for a few months after its unfortunately-timed release, but I think by early 2023 they could put out Division 3 and conclude the series on an upbeat note.

e: on that note, oh gently caress it's Tuesday

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Psion posted:

I'm gonna just give you a minute here, please just do me a favor and go look up the death counts for 9/11 vs covid-19 and then reconsider the context of those two events and what - maybe - those differences might entail
yeah I don't think that matters sorry. especially after some time passes. there's pandemic movies being made now and nobody gives a poo poo

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I never quite understood the idea of “this real thing happened so now fiction about it can’t happen for a while.” It never bears out except in very specific circumstances and in short time frames - like you aren’t going to release a thriller movie about a bunch of people trying to escape from a burning skyscraper on 9/12 and if Contagion was a new movie it wouldn’t be released this year but a year or two from now it would win awards.

Nevermind that Ubisoft is the company that put out a trailer depicting Black Lives Matter as unwitting pawns of a global terrorist cabal using the same language that literal nazis use so they don’t have to say “the Jews” so what would they care.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Div 1 was a domestic terror attack in New York so I don't think the argument holds water imo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

nerdz posted:

maybe it'll be a mandalorian game. It sorta fits the elite non force warrior thing, with gadgets and better gear and all that.

can't wait to grind Blaster Pistol Target Loot to try and get a DL-44 with max weapon damage and damage to stormtrooper armor

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
can't wait to have Strained roll on my 60rpm blaster rifle

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I probably should start bothering people about builds again because nothing I have feels like it's able to hold up to heroic and even challenging makes me need to watch my movements and positioning.

Should I be pivoting my skill build from HW to that Rigged set and start using Empress gear? Also player count seems to be pretty thin for matchmaking on hard or challenging, at least for missions and stuff. Haven't checked on how it is with summit but it's probably almost as sparse.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pestilence still owns for solo Heroic content. I actually reconfigured it yesterday after learning about that and got 1 perfect roll and a near perfect weapon damage roll. The other build I’m working on (Backfire) is almost complete with some real good pieces but I’m still missing Memento (for both builds, really) and Yahhl gloves which are a DZ only item.

Apparently HW mine spam is back in some way? I’d love to try that but at this point I’m basically only building for the exotics I actually have.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Should I be pivoting my skill build from HW to that Rigged set and start using Empress gear? Also player count seems to be pretty thin for matchmaking on hard or challenging, at least for missions and stuff. Haven't checked on how it is with summit but it's probably almost as sparse.

I asked the same question a page or two back and someone advised me to go 3x Empress, 2x Hana-U, 1x Wyvern + striker drone/assault turret and it's worked out great. Pretty capable of running heroic difficulty right out the gate. I changed one piece of gear to blue for a little extra armor since Tactician gives you that free +1 skill tier, and once I got Capacitor, I stuck crit chance mods in my gear mod slots to boost my gun damage a bit.

Once you have that loadout set up it's pretty easy to farm whatever you want for other builds.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

I asked the same question a page or two back and someone advised me to go 3x Empress, 2x Hana-U, 1x Wyvern + striker drone/assault turret and it's worked out great. Pretty capable of running heroic difficulty right out the gate. I changed one piece of gear to blue for a little extra armor since Tactician gives you that free +1 skill tier, and once I got Capacitor, I stuck crit chance mods in my gear mod slots to boost my gun damage a bit.

Once you have that loadout set up it's pretty easy to farm whatever you want for other builds.

I'm running the same set of gear except with a red core instead of the blue since I hardly ever die as it is while running skill builds. I run Harmony and Test Subject for my two main weapons just to have a much ammo available as possible since I tend to shoot like crazy.

On this topic, anyone have opinions on capacitor vs test subject? I get that you can get higher max damage bonus with capacitor, but test subject's perfect in-sync is way easier to keep at perfect uptime. Also test subject seems to handle way better for me, while capacitor seems to have a massive kickback on the first couple rounds making it even harder to ramp up it's bonus at anything but point blank range.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

They feel fairly interchange to me, but I like that the weapon damage buff from Capacitor is passive, in addition to being larger. If someone breaks through my line of robo friends, I don't have time to proc a buff or build stacks.

Relatedly, I got a really well-rolled sawed off shotgun with in sync the other day, which is a pretty fun sidearm for this build.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

I probably should start bothering people about builds again because nothing I have feels like it's able to hold up to heroic and even challenging makes me need to watch my movements and positioning.

If you use turret/drone, rigger is pretty good for that, yeah. Should be a fairly easy swap from your existing Hardwired setup if you find a rigger target loot zone, just go in and get pieces and recalibrate for skill damage. Or instead of rigger you could go pure high-end, probably 3 empress 2 hana-u 1 wyvern. Kinetic Momentum on chest, Combined Arms or Tech Support on backpack. Capacitor is a really nice upgrade to any skill build and it's easy to get out of Summit. Waveform exotic holster is good too but not essential.

If you want a gun build it kinda depends on your weapon class of choice. In my opinion, look into Negotiator's Dilemma if you like LMGs, the good ol' classic focus or glass cannon setup if you like the M1A classic, hunter's fury if you like SMG/shotgun, and all of these work just fine with ARs too. I don't use MMRs but probably a Chainkiller setup there. In a team setup, don't sleep on eclipse protocol as the king of CC and DOT procs, not really good solo.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Last night I got an M870 Express with:

Max Shotgun Damage
Max Damage to Armor
Max Swap Speed :negative:
Preservation

For some reason, I don't have the option to roll Pummel onto the talent slot for some reason so I'm assuming that move here is to roll the swap speed to damage to out of cover? Or is there another talent that would be worthwhile here?

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 21, 2021

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Hulk Krogan posted:

For some reason, I don't have the option to roll Pummel onto the talent slot for some reason

Check your Recal library. Do you not have it there (for some reason)?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I'll double check next time I'm on but I'm 99% sure i have it in there.

Also don't start writing a post and then come back ten minutes later to finish it, kids!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

Last night I got an M870 Express with:

Max Shotgun Damage
Max Damage to Armor
Max Swap Speed :negative:
Preservation

For some reason, I don't have the option to roll Pummel onto the talent slot for some reason so I'm assuming that move here is to roll the swap speed to damage to out of cover? Or is there another talent that would be worthwhile here?

I mean, is not optimal but reroll damage to out of cover on that shotgun and you'll have enough armor regen while playing solo (preservation stacks up to 3 times and there's no description for it). I used to run a preservation Super90 with my chainkiller MMR build because if someone got close enough, I'd swap to the Super90 and just burst down while recovering armor.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah now that I have Scorpio, I'm not sure I'd ever have much reason to main this, so maybe it make sense to treat it as a backup for popping rushers and/or getting some quick armor?

Also it turns out I didn't have Pummel in my library. :doh:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That's a really, really good shotgun. Preservation is a very solid talent, especially for solo play and the m870 is one of the highest damage shotguns in the game, even one with no damage talent is worth using. Definitely a keeper, even if you usually prefer the scorpio.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I got that Scorpio and used instead of one I had called a Cuba Libre or something, even though it had about 500k less damage.

I’ve never unequipped the Scorpio since, it loving rocks and you can get rounds on target really fast. It’s great against elites and slow movers in particular, and if you can park yourself in front of a spawn point when doing convoys or territory controls you can wipe a wave of reinforcements with just a few rounds.

My personal favourite is when they come up from a manhole. Pop pop pop down you all go.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah I'm running it with Hunter's Fury + a Grupo chest with Intimidate + the named backpack with Perfect Adrenaline rush + Striker shield and it's fun as hell. I ran DARPA with some buddies last night for one of the manhunts, and it ruled to be able to just get up in the rogue agents' faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Oh, Scorpio is good? I saw status effects and my eyes just glazed over. I run a Hunters fury Mop build all the time, so maybe I'll check this out tonight.