Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

priznat posted:

Do ya’ll keep the PB in the fridge or cupboard? I keep it in the fridge but sometimes it’s too cold and doesn’t spread for poo poo. I am scared to keep it outside of the fridge tho.

In all of my many years on this planet I don't think I have ever encountered someone that keeps PB in the fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
If you keep it in the fridge you can't spread it without loving up the bread. Just keep it in the pantry and eat it faster.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It's weird because I guess my family always kept it in the fridge so that's just where I assumed it goes. I'll try it in the cupboard/pantry going forward, a big step for me!!

I'm always super paranoid about leaving food out so it probably has some deep rooted family history thing goin on there.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

StormDrain posted:

You'll get an envelope in a couple of months with the renewal info, I got mine today and my membership is up on March. I got back a little more than the dues, so it'll be a free membership for me this year. Anything you get over $60 is worth it since it doesn't cost anything.

If you didn't clear enough just take it over to the membership desk and they'll take care of ya. I think they refund the extra $60 you paid and just take back the refund check. And then since you're due for renewal you hand that 60 back. I guess.

If you downgrade more than two months before your membership end date, you'll get the upgrade fee back and you won't get a reward certificate sent to you.

If you downgrade after the reward certificate has been issued, that certificate is part of your refund. You'll get the upgrade fee back minus the amount of the certificate, and will cash out the certificate, so that no matter what the amount you get back is the upgrade fee.
If you renew at the regular level at the same time, the upgrade fee refund can be used for your renewal.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Anaxite posted:

If you downgrade more than two months before your membership end date, you'll get the upgrade fee back and you won't get a reward certificate sent to you.

If you downgrade after the reward certificate has been issued, that certificate is part of your refund. You'll get the upgrade fee back minus the amount of the certificate, and will cash out the certificate, so that no matter what the amount you get back is the upgrade fee.
If you renew at the regular level at the same time, the upgrade fee refund can be used for your renewal.

You may be right but that's not what the back of my cert says. Effectively it makes no difference though.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Yeah, and the terms also changed recently. Maybe they made changes to the membership system that changed how they're handled but like you said, effectively it makes no difference.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If you refrigerate peanut butter after stirring it, you don’t really need to stir it any more.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Peanut butter stored in the pantry keeps for months.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Peanut is stored in the larder

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stop putting peanut butter in the fridge. It's weird.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
My bad everyone. Kirkland peanut butter is great and I should have never said otherwise.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Peanut Butter has pee and nut and butt in it lmao

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Stop putting peanut butter in the fridge. It's weird.

Cold PB best PB

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Gatts posted:

Peanut Butter has pee and nut and butt in it lmao

And up to an average of fewer than 30 insect fragments per 100 grams—about a quarter of your average jar.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Heck yeah insects, lots of good protein

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Nutella is great.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's disgusting. In the year 3000 the stocking of nutella on shelves will be listed as the first sign of the oncoming dark ages.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Nutella could be better - it’s basically cake frosting with some hazelnuts in it. I might try making my own since I have this giant bag of hazelnuts I got from church

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gaius Marius posted:

It's disgusting. In the year 3000 the stocking of nutella on shelves will be listed as the first sign of the oncoming dark ages.

I didn't know Nutella had haters.

Vegemite on the other hand...

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
If they sold 5 gallon buckets of Vegemite at my Costco I'd buy it. I wouldn't even pause to think about it. Savory toast spreads are just better.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SirPablo posted:

Nutella is flavored palm oil.

fizzymercy posted:

If they sold 5 gallon buckets of Vegemite at my Costco I'd buy it. I wouldn't even pause to think about it. Savory toast spreads are just better.

They sold one gallon buckets of Maltesers for the first few months I was a member. Those were the best of days..

i am harry fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 21, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

fizzymercy posted:

Savory toast spreads are just better.

correct

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Whats Costcos return policy on no receipt items? My girlfriends SIL got me a ratchet set for xmas but I already have a good one. She told me just to return it but I'm not sure if they'll allow that since I didn't buy it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I got a big rear end jar of cheese whiz from costco and I have no regrets :colbert:

It lasts forever and I go thru it pretty slowly, though.

On thinly sliced french bread that is well toasted is my favourite.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

There used to be Kirkland hazelnut spread that was way cheaper than nutella, tasted identical (to me), and didn't use palm oil.

I was trying to confirm that it was discontinued and found this awesome thing posted on reddit:

I've never seen something like this at my Costcos, but maybe if I leave a good comment card they'll start. It's nice to know the reason even if something isn't coming back.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Ror posted:

There used to be Kirkland hazelnut spread that was way cheaper than nutella, tasted identical (to me), and didn't use palm oil.

I was trying to confirm that it was discontinued and found this awesome thing posted on reddit:

I've never seen something like this at my Costcos, but maybe if I leave a good comment card they'll start. It's nice to know the reason even if something isn't coming back.

You should have your own store book near the item cage I think.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

i am harry posted:

They sold one gallon buckets of Maltesers for the first few months I was a member. Those were the best of days..

I made the horrible mistake of buying one of those. You could just set it out and graze all day. I have a strict "no handy snacks" policy because of those and the goddamn Tapatio mixed nuts.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm like that with cashews or really any of the Costco mixed nuts. Just a few turns into way too many and with cashews that ends up being like 500 calories or more.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Whats Costcos return policy on no receipt items? My girlfriends SIL got me a ratchet set for xmas but I already have a good one. She told me just to return it but I'm not sure if they'll allow that since I didn't buy it?

Normally no receipt items aren't a big deal because they can just look up your membership to find the purchase. But your situation might be a little tricky. It might work if she gave you a copy of the receipt to take in with you but I imagine the receipt is long gone. The easiest thing to do is just give it back to her and have her return it if that's possible, if not then maybe talk to someone at the returns desk and see if they can work something out. All they really need is her membership number to look up the purchase, but I don't know if they're cool with some random person returning something on another person's membership without a receipt. Situations like this probably happen all the time so I'm sure they at least know how to deal with it.

It's really lovely that Costco doesn't do gift receipts.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Yes. They will not take it if you didn't buy it. You need the receipt or it has to be on your membership purchase history.

Source: I spent 20 minutes trying to return something that my wife gave me to return that she didn't tell me her sister had purchased. The Costco people were exceptionally helpful trying to find it to be able to return it, but we didn't figure it out until I started texting my wife asking wtf.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

thats what I figured. thanks!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0TTjjoZoN0
Here's an idea for any of you guys who don't know what to do with the rest of your Jamon.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Suddenly science

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Ror posted:

That's a shame RE the Kirkland hazelnut spread, it was better than nutella and doesn't have palm oil.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Dang people got a lot of ideas about peanut butter you have to stir

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Costco Canada still carries the Kirkland Hazelnut spread.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

hakimashou posted:

Dang people got a lot of ideas about peanut butter you have to stir

Goons

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

Zettace posted:

Costco Canada still carries the Kirkland Hazelnut spread.

The French loving love hazelnut spread so I guess the French Canadians are propping that up?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jaxts posted:

The French loving love hazelnut spread so I guess the French Canadians are propping that up?

Quebecers are pretty fat so this checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Holy crap. Is it normally pretty empty on Friday mornings? Just went and it was awesome.

Could have had something to do with the rain. people freak out when it rains in California.