Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

flat or in VR?

little a both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s so cool in VR. love me some space truckin

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
still waiting on hotas controllers to go back to non-gouge pricing so i can play elite non-jankily and in vr >:(

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I am going to play the horrifying slot machine "stardew valley" until I have built a vineyard, then I will stop playing and keep the savegame as a place to go and relax when I am stressed out, because lord knows I can't retire to a real one

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: finished the first day in disco elysium and holy gently caress this game is great. the writing is superb and has me laughing every couple of mins

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

now that i've completed isaac i've decided to fall back into valorant. i just wish my friends would follow me down the true path of counter strike but this will have to suffice

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-voJ3TSt8
lol going from punching trees to constructing a dyson sphere

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

back on one of my kinds of bullshit (fighters destiny for n64):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9rcbRCskg

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Jenny Agutter posted:

that looks p cool

apparently the management games thread likes it too

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

gently caress yes, hitman 3

finally got my progression transferred last night after a few hours and had time to play through the first level once

seems cool so far.

def recommended along with the rest of the hitman series (ignore absolution we dont talk about that one

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
really enjoying hades

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qmzelvCNy11r5trzr.mp4

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

fuckin classic. actually was just thinkin about that video and wow it was 12 years ago.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Anyone play both Ghost Recons? How's the second stack up to the first? I played #1 a good while back and enjoyed the open-world Tier One operator gameplay, though I did fall off at about 80% through the main story.

Fanatical have #2 on cheap right now

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint-standard-edition

For less than seven quid I guess I won't be out of pocket too much if its not great.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Jenny Agutter posted:

hmm getting big factorio vibes

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anyone play both Ghost Recons? How's the second stack up to the first? I played #1 a good while back and enjoyed the open-world Tier One operator gameplay, though I did fall off at about 80% through the main story.

Fanatical have #2 on cheap right now

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint-standard-edition

For less than seven quid I guess I won't be out of pocket too much if its not great.

there are 7 ghost recon games in the main series to this day. And to add to confusion there is Ghost Recon 2 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. Getting back to the point, Wildlands was cool stupid game to play with friends, Breakpoint is said to be a terrible loot box hell with even worse story. Imo advanced firefighter 2 was the series peak

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Galactic Civilization III is free on LE EPIC GAMES this week.

While noting that it very much "is what it is" (as the kids say these days), which seems to just be a scifi wrapper on Civ3, it's still worth a play.

:shrug:

E: Maybe it's actually just civ-alike? But it sure as hell feels like Civ3 IIINNN SPAAACCCEE. Which, as noted, is not a criticism per se.

E2: He's a loving chud. Don't buy and don't redeem it from LE EPIC GAMES. I wish I had known this before I played it, liked it, and bought the expansions. gently caress!

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 22, 2021

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

my stepdads beer posted:

hmm getting big factorio vibes

it is 3d multilevel factorio and super addicting

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

it is 3d multilevel factorio and super addicting
is there a bunch of orbit stuff and or multiple planets?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

The Fool posted:

is there a bunch of orbit stuff and or multiple planets?

yes, and orbital stuff modeled accurately so for example, you can build a planet wide band of solar panels to have 100% solar cover and always be in sunlight

once you're done with your first lovely factory you can just fly over to another planet to do another, and set up a railgun network to transport poo poo

just dipping my toes in so far but it owns very hard

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

also it can do some tricks factorio can't do... here's some pics from the mgmt. games thread

multi-level splitters

https://i.imgur.com/St7AjeI.mp4
multi-tile configurable splitters (poster notes you could go even more nuts if you worked in multi-level)

the whole main game progression is already done so the next year is UI polishing and adding more poo poo in

e:

some of the buildings in this pic are actually multiple buildings stacked on top of each other, they stack and share inventory

e:

solar sails deployed by the player orbiting the planet visible from the ground

e:

traveling to another planet, beginning of the dyson sphere project in the center of the system

Mad Wack fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 22, 2021

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

how’s performance

would it run on a newer, but non-gaming laptop?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

The Fool posted:

how’s performance

would it run on a newer, but non-gaming laptop?

no idea it runs fine in 4k on my 7 year old pc but ymmv

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If I was pretty :flaccid: over Bioshock is the second one where they're all GOP but in zeppelins going to needs-suit me better?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

it's more of a straight shooting game than the original, which is more one of those "immersive sims". I like shooters so I preferred it even though the setting isn't as compelling

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I just played through all three bioshocks and infinite is fun, if not completely broken if you spec for murder of crows (and get lucky with the initial gun drops)

stay away from the dlc. the first half was ok but the Elizabeth forced stealth portion just sucked major poo poo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Truman Peyote posted:

it's more of a straight shooting game than the original, which is more one of those "immersive sims". I like shooters so I preferred it even though the setting isn't as compelling

I only just got around to playing Bioshock* although I was, obviously, aware of it. It felt blobby and clunky and not a great RPG.

You could point out of course this is also 2021 judging 2007 and it's not entirely fair to judge the text in/by the world that this text in part (in large part, I'd say) created and I'd agree with you and I'd agree that, had I played it in 2007/2008 I would have had a much more positive reaction to it.

Anyways, I'll pick up Infinite next time it's on sale and see?

*: The remastered or reloaded or re-whatevered one that came out more recently than 2007.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

If I was pretty :flaccid: over Bioshock is the second one where they're all GOP but in zeppelins going to needs-suit me better?
bioshock 1 was reasonably novel but runs out of steam by the third act
bioshock 2 was too samey for my tastes
bioshock 2 dlc is supposed to be ok but didn't grab me in 2020
bioshock infinite was ok on release, may not hold up great but could be fine
bioshock infinite dlcs don't add enough and are only for the real heads

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is there a dirigible-driving minigame?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, but there is a roller coaster riding minigame.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

no, but there is a roller coaster riding minigame.

Nah, I always get sick on roller coasters.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

Nah, I always get sick on roller coasters.

bad news about infinite's skyhook sections lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Kenny Logins posted:

bad news about infinite's skyhook sections lol

Legit: I had a hard time with the bridge level of Dishonored because it's way way up there in the not-London Bridge.

:shudder:

E: You know what, gently caress it: I'll just make Dishonored 2 the next shooty/stabby/stealthy game. Loved the gently caress out of the first one!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dishonored 2 is great fun

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Dishonored 2 is pretty great, deffo one of my favourite games of the last few years. It's basically a modern Deus Ex game except set in 1850 and not full of garbage mechanics or crushingly dull level design

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah Dishonored 2 is really excellent. The first one was pretty good but feels like a tech demo for the real game, number two

toiletbrush posted:

not full of garbage mechanics

Except the stupid loving level where they take away all your magic powers

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
dishonored 2 had some really good set pieces, in particular the clockwork house and that big governors mansion

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i thought dishonored 1 had a more interesting story and more branching options in what could happen in a given mission

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

gently caress yes, hitman 3

finally got my progression transferred last night after a few hours and had time to play through the first level once

seems cool so far.

def recommended along with the rest of the hitman series (ignore absolution we dont talk about that one

absolution was the first one i played and i liked it.. what wrong with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the first steam review for that dyson sphere game describes as mix of factorio satisfactory and planetary annihliatoon

i love planetary annihilatoon

so
i got it.