Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

post your new(ish) years resolutions for games and keep yourself honest. give yourself rewards for success or consequences for failure, if you choose.

here are mine. will probably drop a lot of the stretch games for games that release over the course of the year, or i'll get distracted by getting obsessed with an old game:

2021 goals:

• Cyberpunk 2077
  • Disco Elysium
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • THPS1&2 Remaster
  • Arkham Knight
  • Final Fantasy Remake Hard Mode
  • Yakuza 0

(stretch)
  • Bioshock (replay)
  • Bioshock 2
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Untitled Goose Game
  • Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
need to finally play through all the new hitman games

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Yakuza 0, earthbound, disco elysium, hopefully whatever yakuza game comes after 0... yakuza 1?

keeping it short because I will end up playing many many hours of the new Isaac expansion when that comes out

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Brasseye posted:

Yakuza 0, earthbound, disco elysium, hopefully whatever yakuza game comes after 0... yakuza 1?

keeping it short because I will end up playing many many hours of the new Isaac expansion when that comes out

you playing earthbound for the first time or just got an itch to revisit it?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This is definitely the year i finally beat hundreds of unfinished steam games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

First goal is wrapping up Cyberpunk. Then it's going to be Year of the Yakuza. Planning on playing them all in order, taking breaks with other smaller stuff in between. Also SMT5 and the Nocturne remaster.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 6
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

e: very good choice Synthy

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 21, 2021

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

First goal is wrapping up Cyberpunk. Then it's going to be Year of the Yakuza. Planning on playing them all in order, taking breaks with other smaller stuff in between. Also SMT5 and the Nocturne remaster.

Please post regularly about the process of playing kiwami 1

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

probably going to end up joining the yakuza crew if i really like 0, but i'm trying to start small.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goals:
  • all the yakuza games 3-7
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster
  • saga frontier remastered
  • two other saga or saga-adjacent games i haven't played (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • gagharv trilogy
  • disco elysium

this is a pretty ambitious list, but as long as i get the first four done this year i'll be satisfied

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have a terrible habit of starting a game and even if i really like it, i'll put it on hold to start a different one, so they just pile up over time. i'm gonna make my goal to beat all the games i can remember being partway through recently before i pick up anything new.

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yakuza 0
  • Amid Evil
  • Doom Eternal
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 64 (120 stars)

symbolic fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 23, 2021

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
already mentioned it in another thread but my goal is to not buy any games this year and only play games I already own. beyond that I'd like to 1CC Kyukyoku Tiger in the short term

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

you playing earthbound for the first time or just got an itch to revisit it?

playing for the first time but I can tell I will end up replaying it down the line... definitely a special game and maybe my favourite 16bit soundtrack ever. got the whole gang together & just about to go inside the pyramid

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Finish the Dragon Quest series (finish 5, then 6-9 and 11)

Play all the Final Fantasy remasters (7 through 12, and the 13 trilogy)

Finish all 4 routes of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (I think I can finish the third in the next few days and then I値l only have the Black Eagles/side with Edelgard path left.

Speaking more generally I知 aiming for 2021 to be the Year of the JRPG, so I probably won稚 be able to finish all these along with all the other JRPGs I値l be trying as well, on top of all the non-JRPG games that I値l still be tempted into occasionally, so it痴 more of an aspirational goal than a realistic one, but this is what I値l have in mind this year.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 1, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

drat, year of the JRPG sounds awesome. I have to catch up on DQ one of these days, I only ever beat the NES ones.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The only real kick in the pants I need is to finish Super Metroid. I got to the 2nd Ridley fight and couldn't figure it out. Now it's been several months and I'm anxious that I've forgotten the controls and will only ever fail.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The only real kick in the pants I need is to finish Super Metroid. I got to the 2nd Ridley fight and couldn't figure it out. Now it's been several months and I'm anxious that I've forgotten the controls and will only ever fail.

youre 90% of the way through the game at minimum, finish the fight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thinking I want to make this the year of the JRPG as well, specifically PS1/PS2 RPGs. Started a Wild Arms playthrough the other night and I've got Breath of Fire III going as well...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Simple goals this year

1. Don't buy new games just play what I have
2. Don't start up more than two games at once (stuff where you do a little a day like AC not counted)
3. Finish what I start unless I totally hate it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

was very excited for a 2021 gaming goal of buying a switch (ideally a bundle on sale) and working through an amazing backlog of games ive been dying to play forever (dq11 and zelda up first probably) but as it turns out they have been out of stock since november.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Simple goals this year

1. Don't buy new games just play what I have
2. Don't start up more than two games at once (stuff where you do a little a day like AC not counted)
3. Finish what I start unless I totally hate it

simple but difficult

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

albany academy posted:

simple but difficult

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Become Grandmaster or equivalent in Overwatch, Brood War, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Dota 2, Smash Bros, Counter Strike, ValourAnt, Diabotical, Quake Live, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and World of Warcraft Rated BGs. If I have some time left over I壇 like to grow my stream to 8,000 average viewers with at least 6,000 subscribers, and buttfuck at least 1,000,000 follow buttons.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Become Grandmaster or equivalent in Overwatch, Brood War, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Dota 2, Smash Bros, Counter Strike, ValourAnt, Diabotical, Quake Live, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and World of Warcraft Rated BGs. If I have some time left over I’d like to grow my stream to 8,000 average viewers with at least 6,000 subscribers, and buttfuck at least 1,000,000 follow buttons.
bro...i have to words for you you may havst forgotten: player unknowns pee bug

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I知 going to finish Xenogears then start playing The Escape From Tarkov for 4 hours a day and sink into madness.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
return to my kingdom hearts playthroughs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

-Improve my Sonic CD time by 1 minute
-Learn more than the basics of Puyo Puyo
-Get all cups in Pocket Card Jockey
-Fight all EX deviants in MHGU (time running low on this one)

more to come probably

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
finally scored a new video card so i'm gonna replay some badass games like Doom 2016 at max settings

may also look into a virtual reality headset so i can be fully immersed in Star Wars Squadrons

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

Got a couple of games I want to beat this year:
Divinity 2 Co-op
Stardew Valley
Hades
X-COM: Enemy Unknown
SMTIV Apocalypse
Super Mario Sunshine

BoastfulVirus fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 4, 2021

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I want to 100 percent GTA 3, Vice City, SA, 4, and 5 in that order.

Load my 2005 HL2 save file and finish it.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
fallout new vegas sub 13. bomberman hero sub 50. dunno what else

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to complete the end game content in PoE this season if it loving kills me. I'm closer than I've ever been.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I hesitate to shame myself by listing the games I haven't completed, let alone letting myself down by then failing to complete a single goal on my list.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd like to 1CC Ketsui Deathtiny and finish acquiring all titles in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I plan on making this the year of the jrpg as well, starting with finishing Grandia and getting the plat for Yak 7. Now that I have a laptop I can game during work a lot easier.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
stop buying walking simulators that boast a heavy focus on storytelling.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm planning on this too, starting from Kiwami (I already beat 0) You should make a simul-play thread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My main gaming goal is to get through Yakuza, but I also want to become a "Persona Guy". Both of these things are putting a strain on my marriage because I can't stop saying Kuso and Temeeee to my wife every time she tries to talk to me.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

finally fonna sit down and beat crusader kingds 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Munchables posted:

finally fonna sit down and beat crusader kingds 2

Shut the gently caress up.