Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

the bad news from what I've seen at Reddit is that this is a common issue. you will probably have to send a bug report to support....and support is uniquely unhelpful and will probably lecture you about spam filters.

I tried all the things. What ended up working for me where deliberately attempting to log in with false email accounts, forcing the launcher to "reset", then trying my real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I gotta say... extracts, on top of everything else, are a real kick in the loving balls.

its hard enough starting out with everything you gotta learn - then managing to figure out where the gently caress any of the open ones are, then managing to get to one with a destroyed leg. (thankyou addict trucker that left morphine behind) Then loving finding out its for scav friends or whatever bizarre requirement they thought up and now there is no time to make it to another one even if you could with all the hateful poo poo in your way...

there has to be a balance because not having a map and not showing where the exit is on the hud (and other obfuscations) add to the experience but to experienced players its less than trivial, its just known.

I spose I wish there was a planning phase as you load in and if you bought a map it would show the open extracts and their requirements and let you memorise a couple options before you get into the poo poo - kinda like any sane soldier would IRL? I guess I can do that on the internet but now im playing a whole new game finding info sources and how to use it and I want to play a game not do some open source intel..

edit: ok very unoriginal rant over thanks for listening

Qmass fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 21, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you can go into raids in offline mode to wander around. the main extracts in each map are somewhat set, for most maps there are two "groups" of possible extracts based on which side of the map you spawn, and theyre always the same ones.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Qmass posted:

I gotta say... extracts, on top of everything else, are a real kick in the loving balls.

its hard enough starting out with everything you gotta learn - then managing to figure out where the gently caress any of the open ones are, then managing to get to one with a destroyed leg. (thankyou addict trucker that left morphine behind) Then loving finding out its for scav friends or whatever bizarre requirement they thought up and now there is no time to make it to another one even if you could with all the hateful poo poo in your way...

there has to be a balance because not having a map and not showing where the exit is on the hud (and other obfuscations) add to the experience but to experienced players its less than trivial, its just known.

I spose I wish there was a planning phase as you load in and if you bought a map it would show the open extracts and their requirements and let you memorise a couple options before you get into the poo poo - kinda like any sane soldier would IRL? I guess I can do that on the internet but now im playing a whole new game finding info sources and how to use it and I want to play a game not do some open source intel..

edit: ok very unoriginal rant over thanks for listening

I mean in this case you had to figure it out through trial and error. That's sort of the secret sauce of Tarkov

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve been learning Interchange and speaking of extracts, I very much like that they’re always set rather than randomized. I really like that map in general really, including having to occasionally haul rear end because Killa saw you and wants blood. :v:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

interchange is also per side main extracts unless ur a scav

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Inspector_666 posted:

Is that necessarily a bad thing though? You earn money by doing raids, it sucks that you have to depend on an RNG smiling on you to complete a quest.

I mean it's kind of circular logic in the end since my argument is kind of "I want to do these raids so I don't have to do those raids" but it's just annoying that you gotta hope poo poo like cowboy hats spawn on mannequins and poo poo.

In the before times, you basically traded cash for xp by buying the quest items off the flea market.
They claimed that they would overhaul the quest system after streets of tarkov, hopefully that means actual good meaningful quests and not more "Kill 10 guys from 1000m away with a lovely gun and no armor".

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bucnasti posted:

In the before times, you basically traded cash for xp by buying the quest items off the flea market.

Oh, I remember.

And I understand why BSG would look at that as "unengaging" or whatever, but "Run to loot spawn point, hope item is there, leave if not" is also unengaging so they're trading six of one of half a dozen of the other. I guess there's a concern it leads to people not bothering with certain maps, but between actual quest items and also where the good loot is it seems like a non-issue.

The entire quest system is kind of a shitshow given how many require specific keys that you really need to buy off the flea since otherwise you're just rolling dice forever hoping you get the right thing but I dunno how you fix any of that without making everything a per-player instanced quest item.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

interchange is also per side main extracts unless ur a scav

I guess now that I've thought about it I've only done scav runs there so far since I still have tasks left on Customs.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Pst 9mm is so goddamn bad. 18 hits landed, 300ish absorbed by armor.

It was a paca vest.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

is there literally anything worth doing with empty expedition fuel tanks or

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The blue ones? You can craft them into Magazine Cases, which can be handy. And if you don't need magazine cases, you can craft those into Scav Junk Boxes.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
At the moment, sell then for 190k each. 2 will pay for a mag box from the flea and save you time money and effort

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Great Beer posted:

Pst 9mm is so goddamn bad. 18 hits landed, 300ish absorbed by armor.

It was a paca vest.

you have to go legs or head

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I have played this game for the last like 3 years and I almost never do the quests unless they're super convenient for me

gun smith quests? I'm doing all of them.

Delivery from the past? Never done it, ever.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Lorem ipsum posted:

Its actually really hard to detect something like that without encrypting the network traffic

EFT already encrypts network traffic - technically they had BattleEye do it for them as of June of last year which killed the bulk of the radars.

The only radars that currently still work for EFT use either DMA hardware - expensive and undetectable by BE currently - or simply yank the encryption key out of the game and feed it to the radar - which is detectable (not saying BE detects it, but it could because the process is on the same PC) but doesn't require $400+ of hardware.

In short if his buddy is using DMA, he's going to stay unbanned for the foreseeable future regardless of reports. If his buddy is using some shady driver style cheat that pulls the encryption key, it's just a matter of time till it's picked up by BattleEye...

To be clear, I'm talking just about radar, not the full blow aimbot and ESP injectors which will forever be detectable and plague the game because people get banned and just buy back in...

Slumpy posted:

I have played this game for the last like 3 years and I almost never do the quests unless they're super convenient for me

gun smith quests? I'm doing all of them.

Delivery from the past? Never done it, ever.

Why though? Vendor access is a super big deal in EFT and I would say it's very much required to progress from being an undergeared rat to...well...a geared rat I suppose.

Getting the standings built up is critical for that.

The gunsmith quests are absolute hell without full vendor access unless you like paying x8 the cost to flea for the required mods.....

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 21, 2021

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

Why though? Vendor access is a super big deal in EFT and I would say it's very much required to progress from being an undergeared rat to...well...a geared rat I suppose.

Getting the standings built up is critical for that.

The gunsmith quests are absolute hell without full vendor access unless you like paying x8 the cost to flea for the required mods.....

I don't find them fun to do and budget builds with about 17 years of CS experience = a pretty easy time getting money, current K/D at the moment is almost 3.0. Paying extra for some things on the auction house doesn't really affect me too much.

And with the last gunsmith quest I did, you get a bitcoin after which pays almost 100% for the quest.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

FileNotFound posted:

EFT already encrypts network traffic - technically they had BattleEye do it for them as of June of last year which killed the bulk of the radars.

The only radars that currently still work for EFT use either DMA hardware - expensive and undetectable by BE currently - or simply yank the encryption key out of the game and feed it to the radar - which is detectable (not saying BE detects it, but it could because the process is on the same PC) but doesn't require $400+ of hardware.

In short if his buddy is using DMA, he's going to stay unbanned for the foreseeable future regardless of reports. If his buddy is using some shady driver style cheat that pulls the encryption key, it's just a matter of time till it's picked up by BattleEye...

To be clear, I'm talking just about radar, not the full blow aimbot and ESP injectors which will forever be detectable and plague the game because people get banned and just buy back in...

What is DMA hardware? I've never heard of that

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Slumpy posted:

And with the last gunsmith quest I did, you get a bitcoin after which pays almost 100% for the quest.

Yeah but breaking even isn't really all that great when instead it could have been 300k profit.

You do you, but I really think you're loving yourself by not doing the quests which are not hard to do if you are indeed able to get the upper hand in PMC fights.

In general the frustrating part of the quests is getting murdered trying to do the objectives in contested areas. That and of course the ultra rare FIR turn in items like LEDX...

Plus you're denying yourself the SICC case which I consider a major quality of life item.

Umbreon posted:

What is DMA hardware? I've never heard of that

Direct memory access.

You plug in a PCIE card to your PC which has a USB port that you plug in to a second computer. The PCIE card reads is driverless and reads the memory on hardware level and isn't detected by software processes on the PC. The data is fed to a 2nd PC which you pass your network traffic through and feed the decryption key from the memory the DMA card read.

Technically the same card can be used to make changes to the memory as well as reading it, but that creates a detection risk which defeats the whole purpose behind cheaters opting to shell out $400 just for the DMA card.

It started as a cheating option for CS that was not detectable by Faceit and ESEA - and according to ESEA people were paying as much as $5,000 for DMA cheats - https://blog.esea.net/esea-hardware-cheats/ - and according to ESEA they are able to detect it. How much of them being able to detect it being true I cannot say as people are still selling DMA solutions claiming to be undetected by ESEA and supposedly there are DMA users who remain undetected. I cannot speak for the validity of either claims as it's pretty much standard practice for cheat providers to lie and AC providers are just as likely to exaggerate their capabilities.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 21, 2021

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

Yeah but breaking even isn't really all that great when instead it could have been 300k profit.

My total kit costs maybe 120k (with bursts of 300-400k + for ammo every maybe 15 raids) and a decent run for me is anywhere between 250-450k. I very rarely total chad up cuz I don't like the playstyle behind it so the way I play is typically pretty cheap.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Slumpy posted:

My total kit costs maybe 120k (with bursts of 300-400k + for ammo every maybe 15 raids) and a decent run for me is anywhere between 250-450k. I very rarely total chad up cuz I don't like the playstyle behind it so the way I play is typically pretty cheap.

That's all find and good, but really the bulk of the quests are really easy to do if you are not constantly being murdered by other PMCs. Being murdered by other PMCs while trying to quest is the bottle neck for me most of the time.

poo poo like requiring 3 woods runs to get the intel folder from the sawmill.

poo poo like taking a full 2 weeks to get 7 USEC kills not just because I suck at killing but because I had killed 12 bears by the time I managed to get the USEC kills - and those kills were all a struggle for me. (And if someone tells me "Go to factory and get those kills in 3 runs" - Factory is a loving shitshow for me)

My point is that if I were you, I'd do the quests as they are very beneficial in the long run.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 21, 2021

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I understand but it goes back to the idea of 'how I'm supposed to enjoy' a game which is why MMO's never hit me. I want to have fun now, I don't want to have to jump through 'Not fun' hoops to enjoy something the correct way. I have no issue playing this way, either in terms of enjoyment or money. For instance, I have NEVER gotten jaeger and it hasn't affected me at all in any meaningful way that'd hurt enjoyment.

I get there are obvious benefits to playing the intended way, but I wouldn't be playing the game if I had to do them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
gently caress Jaeger quests... Did they change them at all or do we still need to load that fat bastard up with food and water while our arms and legs are broken?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

gently caress Jaeger quests... Did they change them at all or do we still need to load that fat bastard up with food and water while our arms and legs are broken?

Yes. You still need to feed this hardcore hunter and then engage in his sadomasochistic poo poo of shooting scvs in the balls while you are high as gently caress and dehydrated and got a broken arm...

At least you can get most of his standings up high enough to not have to do a lot of them.

Jaeger quests are absolutely hosed up and I hate all of them.

I'll take Prapors bullshit of collecting 10 scav rags covered in smegma any day.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

Yes. You still need to feed this hardcore hunter and then engage in his sadomasochistic poo poo of shooting scvs in the balls while you are high as gently caress and dehydrated and got a broken arm...

At least you can get most of his standings up high enough to not have to do a lot of them.

Jaeger quests are absolutely hosed up and I hate all of them.

I'll take Prapors bullshit of collecting 10 scav rags covered in smegma any day.

:hmmyes:

Jaegers quests are "Challenges" :jerkbag:.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

:hmmyes:

Jaegers quests are "Challenges" :jerkbag:.

Some of them are not too bad.

I do the feeding poo poo, no armor, dehydration, pain and scavs, no meds, finding the poo poo on shoreline - but end up stuck on PMCs with headshots while having a tremor.

Once again, I know people do it by going into factory with a broken leg and doped up on painkillers and go vector people. Just every time I try that poo poo I end up being the guy getting vectored.

The "Kill 6 PMCs in Factory Office" quest is imo the worst in the game because of how stupid it is. The way you have to do it is to basically hope you spawn close enough to rush office then throw nades out of it hoping to kill PMCs. It's just...ugh...and once again - this is an I suck issue - because whenever I try it, I throw a nade and get rushed and killed in the office - but I suppose at least my death in the office maybe helps someone else get their quests.

At this point I'm sure that the only way I'll ever complete his quest chain is to cheese it by getting friends to join the same factory instance without a squad and then take turns shooting each other....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

quests ar efun

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
So what the crap is going on with fuel prices? I unlocked my bitcoin farm 1 the other day, went in to refuel it this morning and about crapped my pants...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The Jaegar quests should be achievements that are unlocked from the start, so when I manage to kill enough guys with my mosin in the dark at 100m I get a little ding and a star next to my name.
Having lovely quests like that gate valuable content (including each other) is bad design.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

The "Kill 6 PMCs in Factory Office" quest is imo the worst in the game because of how stupid it is. The way you have to do it is to basically hope you spawn close enough to rush office then throw nades out of it hoping to kill PMCs. It's just...ugh...and once again - this is an I suck issue - because whenever I try it, I throw a nade and get rushed and killed in the office - but I suppose at least my death in the office maybe helps someone else get their quests.

At this point I'm sure that the only way I'll ever complete his quest chain is to cheese it by getting friends to join the same factory instance without a squad and then take turns shooting each other....

important to note that it's not literally the office, the stairwells and lower bathroom floor in the same building also count, so you can easily post up and camp a stairwell/the hallway and go after anyone trying to access the office or one of the other rooms (or within the office itself but there are only limited places anyone can be in there), and you can generally get there very quickly from anywhere on the map (really its just the back spawn by the control panels where you can't b/c that area is basically instant pvp and you don't have the same options for dipping out as the other spawns)

grenades are helpful and you should take a few each time you do a run aiming to advance that quest, but they're generally better for throwing into the office than out of it

the hallway/office is where a lot of factory's mediocre loot is AND is known as a pvp hotspot so you're almost certain to see at least a little PMC traffic per game

it's mostly just a numbers game of being willing to spawn into factory a lot and burn roubles - just pick a cost effective loadout (I've like Zsh-1 with faceshield and the 6B3TM level 4 armored rig + a semi-budget gun of choice) and keep at it and you'll eventually encounter enough nearly-naked PMCs to get yourself to 6 kills even if you're really bad at PVP and literally never can win against anyone wearing actual gear

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Stux posted:

quests ar efun

:hmmno:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fancy_Lad posted:

So what the crap is going on with fuel prices? I unlocked my bitcoin farm 1 the other day, went in to refuel it this morning and about crapped my pants...

They reduced the spawn rate on fuel cans.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I like the quests they give me something to do beyond focusing on how I lose every single gunfight where we see each other and 50% of the ones where I sneak up on someone.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I can't wait until next week when L1 bitcoin farms will be unprofitable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

free your mind from "bitcoin farm profit" and become one with "5 mil liquid roubles at level 18 desperate to hit 20 to upgrade the hideout"

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've given up on the bitcoin farm this wipe. I'll work on my hideout still to have access to crafts but i'm not loving around with it this time. GPU prices are insane and I know by the time I get it built Nikitas gonna wipe.

Stux posted:

free your mind from "bitcoin farm profit" and become one with "5 mil liquid roubles at level 18 desperate to hit 20 to upgrade the hideout"

I'm like this but with access to the good stuff lvl 4 traders have. I just want to be able to build good guns without paying some gently caress on the flea market 10x what Peacekeeper charges.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ShowTime posted:

I've given up on the bitcoin farm this wipe. I'll work on my hideout still to have access to crafts but i'm not loving around with it this time. GPU prices are insane and I know by the time I get it built Nikitas gonna wipe.

you can just build your own GPUs in the intelligence center, and the first GPU is by far the most important so its really not a big deal to add them over time

ofc theoretically you should weight opportunity cost of selling them, but it usually works out and recent wipes are long

and its really nice to have a free money machine

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I can't wait until next week when L1 bitcoin farms will be unprofitable.

The funny thing is that loving with fuel just ruins the hideout overall - instead they could have changed bitcoin yields and allowed people to run generators for less than 300k a day....

I don't see the cost of fuel going up to the point that L1 farm becomes unprofitable. You'd have to have fuel tanks at ~800k each.

10 GPUs produce .4 BTC every ~24h, at 25 where most people stop is .6 a day.

They really just need to revamp fuel usage based on what you have on as at this point higher fuel costs only justify bigger farms where as before stopping at 25 GPUs made sense as that was the point at which you produced the 3 coins every 24 hours meaning you didn't need to log in twice a day.

I have 6 GPUS currently and expect to have 25 within the next two weeks. I planed to stop there and not invest in solar and lvl3 farm - but if prices for fuel keep going up - it may make sense to sink the ~8mil into solar and another 25 into a full level 3 farm...as that will increase both the BTC yield and decrease fuel usage.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

LGD posted:

you can just build your own GPUs in the intelligence center, and the first GPU is by far the most important so its really not a big deal to add them over time

ofc theoretically you should weight opportunity cost of selling them, but it usually works out and recent wipes are long

and its really nice to have a free money machine

The level 1 Bitcoin farm costs about 1.4-1.5m in components to build, 1 GPU is like 820k. So you are looking at around 2.3m to get it running making 1 coin a day that sells for 500k. Looks like fuel costs are currently in the ballpark of 300k a day, so 200k/day profit.

The farm pays for itself in around 2 weeks, ignoring the side effect of being able to run all your other crafting stations 24/7 with no additional fuel costs (intel 2 in particular is a solid money maker with little effort). Fully populated with 50 cards I'd ballpark your ROI is still well under 2 months including fuel at current rates.

This, of course, is what it looks like today. 4 days ago farm 1 and 1 card was paying itself off in under 1 week so who knows what the future holds (coin price crashing, fuel continuing to go nuts, so on). It also ignores other startup costs like the ledx for medstation 3, the 3 folders of intel for intel 2, the pita of grinding Jaeger rep if you have a standard account, so on...

It's still a solid goal imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
BTC has been dropping lately and is down near 430k as of this morning. I don't think it will actually become unprofitable but unless you have 10+ cards the fuel seriously eats into your profits now.

EDIT: I mean this is just straight whining because BTC is literally free money but still their fix to all of this instead of just manually setting the BTC price is kind of hilariously backwards.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 21, 2021