Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It feels like my Fast Hands vector hits harder with that same build, but Scorpio has a good fire rate and gives you crowd control on whatever you're shooting because it applies disorient after 3 hits and shock after 6. You can basically stunlock beefier enemies, and after 7 hits they take 20% damage from all sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Oh, Scorpio is good? I saw status effects and my eyes just glazed over. I run a Hunters fury Mop build all the time, so maybe I'll check this out tonight.

Scorpio is amazing because the base gun (SIX12) is already fantastic, and all the status effects can lock down any one tanky enough to need multiple shots and the 7th hit makes them take 20% more damage from all sources.

EDIT: In terms of HF with an SMG, Chatterbox feels like the best since you really don't want to waste time reloading and you're usually close enough to get a great fire rate buff. Only weaknesses are the chunguses and dogs.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

It feels like my Fast Hands vector hits harder with that same build, but Scorpio has a good fire rate and gives you crowd control on whatever you're shooting because it applies disorient after 3 hits and shock after 6. You can basically stunlock beefier enemies, and after 7 hits they take 20% damage from all sources.

Oh, awesome. I'll give it some runs tonight then. The idea of stun locking rogue agents sounds loving awesome. To bad its dumb to run a shotty in both weapons slots due to getting caught completely out of range sometimes. My Mop is god rolled so it's going to be hard to give up.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

Scorpio is amazing because the base gun (SIX12) is already fantastic, and all the status effects can lock down any one tanky enough to need multiple shots and the 7th hit makes them take 20% more damage from all sources.

EDIT: In terms of HF with an SMG, Chatterbox feels like the best since you really don't want to waste time reloading and you're usually close enough to get a great fire rate buff. Only weaknesses are the chunguses and dogs.

Chatterbox with HF can be so fun but yes, big spongy enemies are Chatterbox's weak point so you can just switch to a 870/Scorpio/SIX12 and get them down. I love to get in front of a monster closet with the Chatterbox and just never reload (well, I do once before they get out so I get max RoF).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

skaianDestiny posted:

Guess I should finally get around to grabbing the components to craft a level 40 chatterbox. But yeah, that's why I ended up going with Fast Hands on the vector. The reload speed from the buff + the stagger from the HF set makes it mostly a non-issue.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I've been using the hunters fury set with liquid engineer and chatterbox/mop and it's been fun as hell if really limited range wise

luckily the AI doesn't know when to cut their losses so I just hang back and wait lol

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/l253xb/leak_the_division_2_x_resident_evil_25th/

I guess this means we were gonna fight some zombies before they had to scrap their original plan and just do an apparel event? Huge bummer.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

monkeytennis posted:

I got that Scorpio and used instead of one I had called a Cuba Libre or something, even though it had about 500k less damage.

Cuélebre, with Perfect Jazz Hands for +20% reload speed.

There's also The Enforcer, which looks like it was WONY pre-order bonus, but I've gotten a couple-three as drops; can't recall the talent, but I liked it better than Cuélebre's.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hulk Krogan posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/l253xb/leak_the_division_2_x_resident_evil_25th/

I guess this means we were gonna fight some zombies before they had to scrap their original plan and just do an apparel event? Huge bummer.

Lmao good job turning the last bit of new content into a cash grab.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Haha everyone was gonna FINALLY get their Division Zombies. Bummer.

So was it canceled ONLY because of covid? I mean Ghost Recon Breakpoint is still getting tie-in events with other franchises and IIRC that game didn't really sell very well

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Roman posted:

Haha everyone was gonna FINALLY get their Division Zombies. Bummer.

So was it canceled ONLY because of covid? I mean Ghost Recon Breakpoint is still getting tie-in events with other franchises and IIRC that game didn't really sell very well

I'm surprised since it had a bigger backlash at launch than Div 2. Maybe a bigger team working on it? Div 2 I thought was in maintenance mode.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

Div 2 I thought was in maintenance mode.
They never tell us what's going on so it always seems like it's in maintenance mode

Last February things seemed to be winding down then they were all like "btw a NY expansion with level cap 40 next month lol" so trying to guess what Massive is ever up to is pointless

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’re going to do a hunter focused expansion and ruin them forever

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Roman posted:

They never tell us what's going on so it always seems like it's in maintenance mode

Last February things seemed to be winding down then they were all like "btw a NY expansion with level cap 40 next month lol" so trying to guess what Massive is ever up to is pointless

True, also :wtf:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1352379366638927872?s=19

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So wait what's the word on the RE thing being cancelled?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well, at least they timed it to come at the same time as the zombie Global Event.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Morter posted:

They said it themselves on the last (or 2nd to last) state of the game

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Morter posted:

Way back when they told us there was some new content based around Kenley College coming this winter. However due to COVID they weren’t able to complete it so they changed it to an apparel event. That plus today’s announcement would indicate the content would have been something RE related, so most likely zombies in Kenley.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Now im imagining a zombie filled city Survival mode.
Start unarmed and scrounge your way to freedom or get eaten.
Maybe dead players turn into superzombies or something to keep the pressure on.

Then again im not sure the engine would play well with the kind of zombie hordes it would need.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm surprised since it had a bigger backlash at launch than Div 2. Maybe a bigger team working on it? Div 2 I thought was in maintenance mode.

I got Breakpoint for really cheap on April and already had the "Ghost Experience" patch that let you customize everything gameplay-wise from a looter shooter to a survival milsim lite and to be honest, it recieved A LOT of patching, balances and free content that Div2 didn't.

Hell, I'll probably keep playing Breakpoint during 2021 while I know that I'll stop playing Div2 as soon as I kill certain rogue agent unless they pop something great out of thin air. Releasing the optimization station this late and with these insane costs was the last reason I needed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ygolonac posted:

Cuélebre, with Perfect Jazz Hands for +20% reload speed.

There's also The Enforcer, which looks like it was WONY pre-order bonus, but I've gotten a couple-three as drops; can't recall the talent, but I liked it better than Cuélebre's.

Cuélebre is my preferred HF shotgun if I'm in a group and not using Scorpio. Solo I just use a Pummel 870. Which neatly leads into the enforcer: it's perfect pummel but it only has 2 stat rolls instead of 3 so you come out far behind when all the modifiers are stacked up.

This is the same reason why the Pestilence falls apart; MK46/M249 stats with 20% less base damage means all the snowballing percentage bonuses you get from stacking dta/dooc/talent/etc just leave it in the dust because the poison proc only works on base damage and can't keep up. If you could go from 0-50 stacks instantly, maintain a perfect 50 stacks forever, and the stacks never decayed ...it'd still come out behind a steady handed M249. The math for Enforcer isn't quite as harsh but it's the same problem.

now am i gonna optimize an enforcer someday, yes, probably. but that's for fun, not because it's at all a worthwhile use of materials.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 22, 2021

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Yeah after all the True Patriot + Pestilence chat I went back and tried it out again for the first time in like a year. It takes a really long time to kill anything...

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A big part of True Patriot and Pestilence was that the DOT from the Pestilence triggered the True Patriot buffs. That got removed a while ago.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

the golden era of true patriot, before it got changed, nerfed, broken, and I don't even know if the heal buff (white?) even works anymore.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
White flag works fine, just not off pestilence procs which is what made it so busted. It's still a great flexible set though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Screama posted:

Yeah after all the True Patriot + Pestilence chat I went back and tried it out again for the first time in like a year. It takes a really long time to kill anything...

I'm using mainly this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9dyFg25kJ4&t=331s

for Pestilence and it works pretty good. Has a though time punching through the juggernauts but everything else just dies. It's even real good against rogue agent since I can plink at them like a coward and build/keep the stacks going on both of them.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I haven’t done any of the season bounties so thought I would jump in and knock some out. My whole drat map is yellow.

The most fun you’ll have in this game is to set the difficulty on hard to speed run through them and use a Pestilence DPS build. Carnage anywhere.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Guillermus posted:

I got Breakpoint for really cheap on April and already had the "Ghost Experience" patch that let you customize everything gameplay-wise from a looter shooter to a survival milsim lite and to be honest, it recieved A LOT of patching, balances and free content that Div2 didn't.

Hell, I'll probably keep playing Breakpoint during 2021 while I know that I'll stop playing Div2 as soon as I kill certain rogue agent unless they pop something great out of thin air. Releasing the optimization station this late and with these insane costs was the last reason I needed.

I picked it up a few months ago and tried it with the "Gear Score" on and it's not even that bad, imo but I can see how it would be annoying to everyone after every other Ghost Recon game NOT doing that. I'm enjoying it enough. The drones are a bit of a hassle to fight though. Also, yeah I'm just barely chugging along with Div 2 and plan on killing the Manhunt targets till the end. I managed to max out every season tier before this one and I'm having a hard time getting the motivation to do it. Oh well I've got 559 hrs out of it which is a HELL of a lot more than I usually get with games because I got gaming attention deficit disorder :/

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I played this to level cap at launch and haven't touched it since. Is it better or worse now than it was then?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Lone Badger posted:

I played this to level cap at launch and haven't touched it since. Is it better or worse now than it was then?

WONY alone is a significant improvement, various other QoL changes have also helped. It's not as big of a difference as Div1 had between launch and late-stage development but it's absolutely improved from what it was at launch.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Despite its flaws (but then I've spent solid 850 hours in WONY alone during the last year) it's way better than on launch. Current Div2+WONY is right now at the best status if you want to roam around getting loot and build variety is as its highest. If you play now there's a lot of content, targetted loot and stuff to play with and worth spending some time. The gameplay loop is still fine to me and can keep you busy for quite a while.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Can anyone post a quick and dirty explanation of how to solo gear farm in dark zones? Ive never been in them at all, but keep reading about gear that I want that is DZ exclusive.

I have all sorts of solid builds for most weapon types, so im assuming im gear ready to go in. Just dont know if certain weapons are preferable for having success.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Find a quietish lobby where you won't get hunted down every time you try to extract (you can fast travel to another dz then fast travel back to reset the lobby) and just start farming checkpoints. Some pvp in the lobby is fine as long as they tend to stick close to the checkpoints and aren't actively tracking you. Deconstruct all gear you don't plan on using so you can stock up on dz resources, you can spend them at the dz vendors which often carry dz exclusives. Extract often, you don't want to be hauling around a full dz inventory and like 20 dz resources when a ganker rolls up.

Alternatively, don't solo farm and instead round up a group of 4 randoms which makes dz farming so much easier. They don't have to be communicative or even good, just having 3 or 4 players who know to shoot in the direction of rogue agents vastly reduces the risk of being killed. Another alternative is conflict which is great pvp practice once you have a suitable build, and the conflict caches you earn can drop dz exclusives.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Can anyone post a quick and dirty explanation of how to solo gear farm in dark zones? Ive never been in them at all, but keep reading about gear that I want that is DZ exclusive.

I have all sorts of solid builds for most weapon types, so im assuming im gear ready to go in. Just dont know if certain weapons are preferable for having success.

It’s not really that different than farming outside of it besides occasionally getting killed by other people. Enemy difficulty is somewhere between challenging and heroic - I think it’s something like the HP of challenging and the damage of heroic - so if you can do either of those you’ll be fine. The difficulty on landmarks is how many waves of enemies you’ll fight and generally more veterans and elites. I don’t think it affects loot quality.

The unfortunate thing is that the small size of the DZs means that if someone wants to try to gank you there’s pretty much nothing you can do, especially at the extraction zones, except fight them. Just have to accept that.

Deconstruct in the DZ any loot you aren’t going to use, pull stats off of, or don’t need regular resources from because that will give you DZ resources which will let you buy stuff from the DZ vendors. You still need to extract the DZ resources.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Does your global difficulty effect DZ PVE content? How can you tell how crowded a specific dark zone is?

Thanks for the help already.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Does your global difficulty effect DZ PVE content? How can you tell how crowded a specific dark zone is?

Thanks for the help already.

DZ has its own kind of unique difficulty. World difficulty and directives do not affect it. The things you can see from inside a DZ checkpoint are if landmarks are being cleared by other people (red instead of purple), if extractions are happening (blinking zones), and I believe you will get the “[player] was downed/killed by [player]” notices if there’s PVP happening. I think if someone has gone full rogue and triggered a manhunt they’ll appear on the map as well.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also bear in mind now that the Global Event store exists, you can just run the GE hard and get named caches for 8* each, which have the potential to drop DZ named items. What specifically are you looking for?

kiba has it right on the dz loop. I have run a lot of solo dz in both division 1 and 2 and the most essential thing for me is, in advance, accepting that sometimes you are gonna get ganked by some guy. It's gonna happen. What I have control over is how I respond to it: Shrug and say 'ok time for something else' rather than getting angry and ruining it by repeatedly walking back into the grinder. That's what they want; to gank your rear end again. I refuse to give it to them.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Alternatively, if you have the right load-out and can get the first shot off, most gankers are still vulnerable. Olds wrote up a quick DZ build in channel a while ago and with some modifications it's still serving me well two title updates later. Unlike PvE you want a good balance of damage and defense, with sustain for landmark fights and high burst damage and armor + hazard protection for PvP. If you run into a team you're probably done for unless you've got tactics good enough to just play R6 Siege :v:

On a macro scale, constant motion and deception are key. As soon as you start an extraction or a big landmark, the dinner bell goes off for everyone nearby. D2 DZs are all small enough that, unless you have the very last perk for faster chopper times, someone can come and find you from anywhere else in the zone. You have to be able to clear landmarks without prolonged firefights, and for extractions I often call one then run away and hide to see who trips over the NPC enemies that spawn. I'll run over to one zone, call it, then hoof it to another and call that too. If you can't be elusive at lease be annoying.

Above all else disable proximity voice chat because that (maybe not anymore?) hands out your IP and I have literally had losing rogues rent out DDoS botnet time when they couldn't beat our squad. It's a shame, since I've had idiot rogues give themselves away multiple times in D1.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 23, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

skaianDestiny posted:

Guillermus posted:

Chatterbox with HF can be so fun but yes, big spongy enemies are Chatterbox's weak point so you can just switch to a 870/Scorpio/SIX12 and get them down. I love to get in front of a monster closet with the Chatterbox and just never reload (well, I do once before they get out so I get max RoF).

Yeah this was good advice. Gathered up the chatterbox parts against and god drat this is fun. Got a real dilemma about whether to run this or scorpio in my Hunter's Fury setup now.

As far as secondary weapon, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of running Baker's Dozen. With 5/1 red/blue, it hits plenty hard and gives you a solid ranged option when you encounter an enemy you can't facetank or you're pinned down by turrets or something. Works well enough as a shotgun in a pinch too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Looking to get back into this, and I'm pretty dang lost. Primarily a really casual solo player, I like shotguns and fire a bunch, zero desire to deal with DZ antics.

What should I look into doing for a build nowadays?