Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 16, 1943)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Good Innvandrer

(Bergen is infamous for being the rainiest city in Norway)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 23, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 23, 1999)

Garfield Classic (May 23, 1989)

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zits can be kind of hit or miss at times (every time it decides to do a covid strip is just one long beleaguered sigh) but when it hits, its always delightful

amigolupus posted:

I'm surprised Anja keeps hiring Leevi, considering how he tends to do things that inevitably snowball into dooming the last two companies.

Supposing renting the warehouse out and going to Heimo wasn't the only old habits she falls back into

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm finding it extremely validating that the internet as a whole has started to see the beauty and appeal in the surrealist nonsense that I've been loving in Heathcliff these recent years. Nothing will top that one where Heathcliff cruises around town in a car that looks like him which then transforms into a robot which looks like him though.

I'm also concerned that both Zits and Arlo and Janis are doxing me this week.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Edit:

Transmodiar posted:

Is there some cheat sheet around that lets the average reader make their way through the Bobbinsverse in order instead of, well, the mess we currently have?
There is, in fact!

It leaves out Hard Yards, Wen-Tack, Wicked Things and Circus Windows, but they all take place after Bad Machinery case 10 in that order.

It also omits By Night & Steeple, but they're both far enough removed from Tackleford that it doesn't really matter. They happen in the same universe, that's basically all you need.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 21, 2021

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sure, Ox. Tiff's a hip 90's teen, I'm sure she's seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"As a woman, you are obligated to spend time with me."
A legit intentionally funny Compu-Toon. They happen here and there, and it's always a treat.

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

I don't know who this guy is but I love it when he's in Nancy.

F Minus

Too big for a perfect box. It'll be too heavy to move if you fill it. Unless you fill it with pillows or something, maybe.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Transmodiar posted:

Is there some cheat sheet around that lets the average reader make their way through the Bobbinsverse in order instead of, well, the mess we currently have?

there's https://tackleford.fandom.com I guess

the New Bobbins stuff was really self-indulgent injokes though

There was an entire arc just to poke fun at the notion of bringing back characters which had been out of the comic for a decade

e: beaten by a much better answer

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mark Trail goes crazy and causes a million+ dollar yacht crash because his dad owns a speedboat? I'm not sure if it's a good comic, but I'm certainly curious where it goes from here.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

:hellyeah:

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Rae the Doe's web archives

Ask Rae - Masks

Rae the Doe #400, the final Rae the Doe web comic. It's a short story that we'll finish by Monday.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

Sure, Ox. Tiff's a hip 90's teen, I'm sure she's seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

So did Ox break in from the back of the mansion instead of just knocking at the front door?

Kennel posted:

Mark Trail goes crazy and causes a million+ dollar yacht crash because his dad owns a speedboat? I'm not sure if it's a good comic, but I'm certainly curious where it goes from here.

Agreed. I don't know where Jules is going with this, but it's definitely got my interest. Honestly, I thought it was just a dream sequence where Mark imagines messing with his dad before popping back to reality.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (February 1, 1951)

This comic is a treasure :allears:.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

What in the goddamn gently caress.

The Shadow and Flyin' Jenny, Aug. 6th, 1940

Ghostlight posted:

I'll be surprised if her fur suit lasts the next update.

Update? It barely lasts one strip!

Axa

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh. So she immediately found another tribe with sexy boys who will try to bone Axa and wind up dead.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I forget, did she actually have sex with any of the boys she lusted after?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

God these are (technically) adults dealing with the power being out for, what, two hours?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't know who this guy is but I love it when he's in Nancy.

His name is Mr. Sputter! He occasionally pops up from time to time in order for Nancy to annoy him.

You're in luck because Nancy annoys him for the next 11 strips.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mikl posted:

Axa was given the gift of the sword. The sword is good, but sex is evil for it makes new life to poison the earth with a plague of men.

Bogor

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mikl posted:

There was that guy from the dome that sold her out after they boned, the guy from the Middle People who got killed after they boned, and then Jason who surprisingly hasn't died yet.

I'm still surprised the Sexy Mermen from the last story had zero bearing on what happened. You'd think Axa would've boned one of them underwater at least. :v:

manero posted:

His name is Mr. Sputter! He occasionally pops up from time to time in order for Nancy to annoy him.

You're in luck because Nancy annoys him for the next 11 strips.

Hell yeah. :getin:

Now I'm kind of hoping Mr. Sputter comes back in Nu-Nancy.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

I love this one

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

amigolupus posted:

So did Ox break in from the back of the mansion instead of just knocking at the front door?

The help doesn't come through the front door.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

1978 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

As someone who works in a library, I can say that yes, this happens. The best is when the book comes back and the patron tries to get out of any responsibility by saying they don't have a dog.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

amigolupus posted:

I hate everything about this conversation.

catlord posted:

What in the goddamn gently caress.
They are gods who still desperately cling to the notion that they are mortal because they believe it to be endearing or relatable rather than insulting.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

This one has always been the epitome of Far Side in my eyes.

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

Too big for a perfect box. It'll be too heavy to move if you fill it. Unless you fill it with pillows or something, maybe.

Counterpoint: I got a bunch of free Gaylord boxes once for moving a shared workshop. They were like 48" in all three directions, and they fit perfectly onto scavenged pallets and slid right into the back of a truck.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (July 7, 1933)

Peanuts (January 24, 1974)

Funky WInkerbean

Crankshaft

9 "This Pepsi Tastes Like Tinactin" Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 23, 1937)

Out Our Way (December 19-21, 1935)

Dok's "Support Your Local Small Businesses" Duck (June 5, 1913)

My Toonerville source choked before I got the full three for today. Trying again for tomorrow...

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

callingmyfamilyin2020.jpg

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

I feel seen, but not judged

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Cataract surgery was kinda awesome. They didn't put me fully under but went with twilight sedation, which meant I was barely awake and aware and not giving a crap about what was happening. Surgery itself was fast, briefly complete blur in the eye while the old lens was vaporized and the new slipped in. About an hour in recovery and afterwards was surprisingly hyper the rest of the day.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Funky WInkerbean

After the obnoxiously lame dad jokes you've been cracking while these people have been trying to do their jobs, I think we'd all like this, Funky.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set was off by four years.

Working Daze isn't getting any better.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix knows the classics never go out of style.

Cul De Sac didn't want to see the dog anyway.

wirf

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (January 22, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (March 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (October 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (February 21, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (July 22, 1935)

Dark Laughter (November 11, 1939)

Mopsy Sunday (January 26, 1947)

Those Were the Days (February 8, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (April 13, 1965)

Wee Pals (April 13, 1965)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Drawn And Quartered - 1942

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1352455358778798083

Thought the thread might enjoy this song about a good cat.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

PainterofCrap posted:

Drawn And Quartered - 1942

Was it a custom in that era to pin a suicide note to your clothing when doing away with yourself? You never hear about people doing that now and it seems funny to think of there being accepted suicide tropes that fall out of fashion from time to time.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

While this was no doubt done - maybe more common in a communal living environment where leaving a note or envelope around might be ambiguous enough to sow confusion - it is also a visual trope, in case anyone saw a guy standing on a teetering pile of books on a chair with a rope near eye-level and went, "drat, but that's an odd way to change a lightbulb!"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac: