Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8Ad3VS6cQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, it's true.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/zafo999/status/1352082194999640068

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I had no idea Heathcliff was still around.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i'm a child and all my fellow children down in the children club agree: we love the meat tank

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Once, when Roger was a young boy, his father took him to an open day at Nellis AFB, out in the California desert. Sunlight glared brilliantly from the polished silverplate flanks of the meat tanks, sitting in their concrete-lined dispersal bays behind barriers and blinking meat thermometers. The brightly coloured streamers flying from their turrets lent them a strange, almost festive appearance. But they were sleeping nightmares: once awakened, nobody -- except the crew -- could come within a mile of the meat-powered tanks and live.

Looking at the gleaming, bulging pods bolted to their hulls, Roger had a premature inkling of the meat that waited within, a frigid terror that echoed the siren wail of the air raid warnings. He'd sucked nervously on his ice cream and gripped his father's hand tightly while the band ripped through a cheerful Sousa march, and only forgot his fear when a flock of Thunderchiefs sliced by overhead and rattled the car windows for miles around.

He has the same feeling now, as an adult reading this intelligence assessment, that he had as a child, watching the meat tanks sleeping in their concrete beds.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If that tank is in Tianamen Square or a war zone then I think I know where the meat came from. :cry:

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
Peter Gallagher has gone certifiably insane

what the gently caress does any of this mean?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

CHILDREN LOVE THE MEAT TANK

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Loden Taylor posted:

CHILDREN LOVE THE MEAT TANK

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you were good, you go to meat tank when you die. If you were bad, it's the lard room

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you were good, you go to meat tank when you die. If you were bad, it's the lard room
It Is Every Citizen's Final Duty To Go Into The Tanks And Become One With All The People.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Colonel Cancer posted:

Mommy!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

frankenfreak posted:

It Is Every Citizen's Final Duty To Go Into The Tanks And Become One With All The People.

Capitalizing Every Word Is How You Get Nerve Stapled, Drone

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Colonel Cancer posted:

Capitalizing Every Word Is How You Get Nerve Stapled, Drone
All Words Are Equal

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Is you in the video op

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Milk trucks are better.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
heathcliff has become the comic voice of our generation

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Milk trucks are better.

Take this tired rear end meme back to 4chan plz

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

MSPain posted:

after some googling the first one is actually just doing a weak self-reference. according to the Heathcliff Wiki page on Garbage Ape, he seems to be an established reoccurring character who messes with garbage cans to the delight of cats while a bird describe what is happening. the wiki has multiple theories as to why and how, all of which seem to be far more developed than the actual "canon".

the second one is more straightforward. it has the comedic premise of "what if classical musicians spawned fashion fads the same way contemporary musicians do". it's not a bad idea, it's just not strong enough to be a punchline by itself so it ends up confusing

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

MSPain posted:

"If I just go zany monkey cheese more people will look at my comic"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

rotinaj posted:

Take this tired rear end meme back to 4chan plz

turn on you're monitor

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Children love the meat tank

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

It's like the New Yorker where no matter what the subtitle actually says, you can replace it with "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat" and get a better joke.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Flannelette posted:

it's not monkey cheese it's a dadaist masterpiece. F u

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
i'm ambivalent about the meat tank, tbh, but i would take a bullet for the garbage ape.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
some early two thousands nostalgia in this bitch.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

TheAardvark posted:

it's not monkey cheese it's a dadaist masterpiece. F u

You're both saying the same thing :grin:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Hot Dad if You're There Knock TWICE On My rear end

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

When I was young, my friends and I would always look forward to those rare days when that vehicle of flesh and war came to town. Though it is certainly true to say that it changed my life forever, I can also say with absolute certainty that those days are no less precious to those that had the privilege of being it It's presence. Of that particular day when my brush with divinity occurred, I can remember nothing else before the approach of the Meat Tank. Its heavy bulk would shake the very foundations of every building. First a slight tremble, which would turn into a thunderous shudder when it drew near. And there was of course the smell. A scent both foul and alluring, of bacon breakfasts and charred overcooked steak filled the air, demanding the attention of all. No one knew why exactly the word MEAT was painted on its side, but then again no soul was ever brave enough to ask those kind of questions.

Great crowds would of course gather in the streets to view that beauteous angular form roll forward. It was hard for me at that time to get a good view, being of small stature and lacking the strength to push ahead. I was in the middle of jumping up and down to get short glimpses of the tank when the crowd let out a gasp. The Meat Tank had slowed to a stop. The crowd grew worried and fearful, for what could possibly stop the tracks of this green leviathan? My friends and neighbors around me all clasped their hands over their ears as a cacophonous grinding screech emitted from the machine. The turret was slowly turning and when it eventually drew to a stop, no less than 4 adults and 2 children fainted, including elderly Mrs. Lee who had been standing right before me. The feline at the top of tank of meat beckoned me forward with a single claw. Everyone had heard rumors of those who were sometimes Chosen by the Meat Tank but such a thing had never occurred in this city, let alone this neighborhood. The notion of fleeing had briefly crossed my mind at this point, but it was now too late as my friends and classmates let out cries and cheers as they pushed me forward towards the looming barrel of the gun turret. Children loved the meat tank, and would satisfy all its requests. I was now standing there before the full glory of the Meat Tank. The feline then pointed down towards the barrel, ordering me to draw even closer. My clothes and hair would forever carry the aroma of that machine of meat. As I drew my face close to the dark and blackened interior of the barrel, the sounds of the street faded away. Even closer now, I could hear a bestial cry. Now with my nose almost touching metal, that cry grew into a wail containing the pain of millions of livestock mixed with the sloshy moan of ecstasy which could only come from one ripping their teeth into the juiciest piece of seared animal flesh. And before I knew it, the turret had swallowed my entire head as I greedily rushed towards the feast of meat and gears.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Flannelette posted:

That's basically the opposite of what's happening here. People Who Still Buy Newspapers are old people who want familiarity more than anything else, which means you've pretty much got a baked in audience that can only be lost by doing something so controversial newspapers feel like you're actively damaging. Whether anyone reading the newspaper actually likes the brand of humor you're going for is completely extraneous. Whether ANYONE AT ALL actually likes the brand of humor you're going for is completely extraneous, even.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-sDJX72WY

this is my favourite Hot Dad. its just soooo stupid.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Never forget that he sacrificed his time and sanity to make this song for GBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyQ-OD3hM0

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm still cracking up at random about this comic a month after it came out:
https://twitter.com/FoxmomNia/status/1339329609150697472?s=20

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

I had no idea Heathcliff was still around.

After the guy who created Heathcliff died his nephew took over full time and turned it surrealist.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Meat is meat