Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Would Krull be WLM or WHM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The Patreon is totally worth it

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I've said this before, but $8 a month is worth it for the Nexus alone. It's so drat good. But then all the other content you get is gold.

It's the only Patreon I support, and every month, when I see the charge, I think to myself, "Yup, money well spent."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Starz exclusive at the moment. Other than that you’d have to buy it. Eric said it was $12.99 at the moment.

Hulu has a Starz addon, for $8.99/mo with a 7-day free trial if anyone else needs to watch Fantasy Island, like I'm about to do.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Plus I guess if you just wanted the archives and Patreon only eps, you could sign up, download and then cancel but I don't have an issue giving these 5 bucks a month for everything they've provided.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BiggerBoat posted:

It wasn't a comedy? I didn't see it but I assumed it was one of those yuck it up homages like 21 Jump Street or Starsky and Hutch. Did they really play it straight or were you being sarcastic?

It’s kind of Stupid Wishmaster but not the same kind of Stupid Wishmaster WW84 was.

And yeah the Patreon is so worth it. I only pay for two podcasts and for three dollars more than I pay for Chapo I probably get quadruple the hours of content a month.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Patreon is so worth it for WHM. I’d pay for a ten dollar tier if they did more live shows, the terminator one owned bones.

Both my WLM/WHM LRM lists are long as hell and I know I should narrow it down but goddamnit it’s hard

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I keep adjusting my (way too many) Patrons but I'd never adjust my WHM one. The 8 dollar tier is so worth it.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Yeah, I dumped a bunch recently, but couldn't imagine getting rid of WHM Patreon. I feel like I always get tired of podcast hosts. War Rocket Ajax and Talking Simpsons both sort of wore thin for me. I'm even getting a bit tired of Giant Bomb. But I feel like We Hate Movies is so perfect. I think the fact that they're not only podcasters helps a lot though. The fact that they are these professionals, pushing forty, with actual careers and houses gives the show this great vibe of a bunch of guys finding four hours a week to fall into old college and dirtbag twenty habits.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
All the years I've listened to WHM, it has never gotten old. I've jettisoned so many other podcasts because they became so redundant. HDTGM and Blank Check come to mind. I still really miss Last Podcast on the Left but I won't support a podcast on a closed system.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

All the years I've listened to WHM, it has never gotten old. I've jettisoned so many other podcasts because they became so redundant. HDTGM and Blank Check come to mind. I still really miss Last Podcast on the Left but I won't support a podcast on a closed system.

On a closed what now?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thrawn527 posted:

On a closed what now?
LPOTL is a Spotify exclusive now, has been for a while

I've been supporting WHM's Patreon at the $8 level for a while now and it's been so worth it. There's so much content!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I think there's also a decent consistency with WHM's Patreon too, same with their feed. It does feel like you're getting something generally every one-and-a-half weeks. Also - and I wonder how they feel about this - all the stuff they promised to keep shorter like the Mando Half Hour, etc. ended up ballooning to regular episode size anyways so they're definitely providing lots of stuff for the money.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I still miss 90210 recaps. Those were some of the best stuff they ever did.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

They said Melr0210 is coming back this year, so it's only a question of when.

Also I think a decent part of Mando ballooning up in length is quarantine related. Lets them hang out with each other a little more, they don't have any many other commitments, it's just a perfect storm. We'll see if in late this year when things are more normal (don't argue with me, just dream to imagine) they keep running an hour or if they go "wait I can go to a bar now".

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

GoutPatrol posted:

I still miss 90210 recaps. Those were some of the best stuff they ever did.

Hard same.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cael posted:

Also I think a decent part of Mando ballooning up in length is quarantine related. Lets them hang out with each other a little more, they don't have any many other commitments, it's just a perfect storm. We'll see if in late this year when things are more normal (don't argue with me, just dream to imagine) they keep running an hour or if they go "wait I can go to a bar now".

I think they actually confirmed this at some point and said yeah, nobody's doing anything else and nobody has to catch a train, so they might as well just hang out and chill.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

clown shoes posted:

Same. I even go back and do some reruns for some of my favorites or go back and find one after I've finally gotten around to seeing the movie.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is Melr0210 worth listening to if I've never seen a single episode of either show? I haven't seen most of the movies they talk about so I guess it's probably no different than that...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

explosivo posted:

Is Melr0210 worth listening to if I've never seen a single episode of either show? I haven't seen most of the movies they talk about so I guess it's probably no different than that...

Melro210 is worth it for Billy alone

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I've never seen an episode of either show and have zero cultural osmosis of them, and I still enjoyed hearing them talk about it a lot.

Like the Nexus, their retelling becomes a show of its own with their personal rendition of the characters. It rules.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

It is. I never watched either show but still got a huge kick out of it

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Marin Karin posted:

I've never seen an episode of either show and have zero cultural osmosis of them, and I still enjoyed hearing them talk about it a lot.

Like the Nexus, their retelling becomes a show of its own with their personal rendition of the characters. It rules.
:emptyquote:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Requested The Master of Disguise. I think they may have said in the past they're never doing it, but they've done The Love Guru, so anything can happen!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Caught " BLUMHOUSE's fantasy island " before listening to this week show because its up on my country's netflix so why not .
It was disappointingly boring . Sure, the premise of the movie is bonkers but the execution of it is so low energy, polished ,glossy , generic , modern horror movie - there is really nothing there . Needed alot more crazy Michal Rooker time .

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Going to request 1997's Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts, Directed by Richard Donner and written by Brian Helegland who just came off L.A. Confidential.

It's a fuckin movie that I have no idea how it got made and why people thought the dude built like a meathead could pull off this zany and looney toon conspiracy theorist character that Mel is going after who is dangerously close to revealing how he thinks the Jews are controlling the world off the opening of the movie alone and an evil Patrick Stewart is in the movie. It's quite something that I think could be a great episode.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

admataY posted:

Caught " BLUMHOUSE's fantasy island " before listening to this week show because its up on my country's netflix so why not .
It was disappointingly boring . Sure, the premise of the movie is bonkers but the execution of it is so low energy, polished ,glossy , generic , modern horror movie - there is really nothing there . Needed alot more crazy Michal Rooker time .

Yeah the way the guys were carrying on I figured it would be mind-melting levels of insane, but then I watched it and it was fairly easy to follow along with a few weird story decisions.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Vakal posted:

Yeah the way the guys were carrying on I figured it would be mind-melting levels of insane, but then I watched it and it was fairly easy to follow along with a few weird story decisions.

if there is one thing you can knock this podcast for, it's the fact that they (esp. Andrew) over-hype the gently caress out of what is usually mundane things, and its sometimes obvious they barely paid attention to the movie as basic things seems to elude them (although with some of the movies, i completely get not paying attention).

Like, this tackle by Rooker is what Andrew said was the funniest thing he has seen all year, and.....okay. That wouldn't even register to any other viewer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjNmW0OPDKM

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 25, 2021

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It is kinda funny though. The legs going straight up really makes it classic.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

This is why i think they should an intoxication meter for each episode so i know how much weed and beer to consume before watching a movie.

guarantee a lot of these flat moments hit harder when you're buzzed to high hell.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Invalid Validation posted:

It is kinda funny though. The legs going straight up really makes it classic.

Yeah I got a genuine lol at that wide shot looking like a cgi cartoon wcw Goldberg spear to hell

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I mean, it looks goofy, but at most warrants a single, Michael Shannon "Heup!"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
regarding today’s episode i will subscribe to any streaming service that produces David!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1354246430333038598?s=19

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oh hell yes.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I hate that it's impossible to convey the Billy voice over text.

But, still. Aw c'mon Allison!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marin Karin posted:

"Alithson"

...yeah you're right it doesn't really work.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gently caress yeah

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Marin Karin posted:

Will they ever catch the strangler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:hellyeah: