Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The fps head bob was one of those things that younger me thought happened in real life so I attempted it a couple times while walking. Same as double jumping and the idea of ‘lives’ existing.

quickly learned that these are just exclusive to videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The first game where I really started to notice that kind of thing was in Turok 2, where if you were to hold a gun as it appeared onscreen you'd sway everywhere and never hit anything.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Imagine if Sony had some sort of handheld device, already designed for playing games, you could use to remote play on....

Can a vita do ps5 remote play?

I’ve been doing remote play on my phone for Xbox and it’s like... not the greatest to have a different screen and controller

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Turned out all my lights and popped my Pulse headset on and played through Maiden.

Holy poo poo! The sound design in this game!

The demo tells you, unambiguously, there will be no combat, and I was still gettin’ supah spooked! Honestly kind of floored by the detail at work in the gigantic gilded mansion, but the directional audio, hearing the footsteps right behind you or tlsomeone just on the other side of this door growling and screaming...

and it’s only a wait until May!!! That’s much sooner than I thought it would be!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Can a vita do ps5 remote play?

I’ve been doing remote play on my phone for Xbox and it’s like... not the greatest to have a different screen and controller

No, it would need an update and they took it out back and shot it a while ago.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I got really into RE7 and spent like 5 hours playing it when I got it and then literally never touched it again. I have no clue why. It was cool even if I normally hate unbeatable enemy hiding and running games. Definitely switches up that formula though for the better. Maybe I’ll restart it before 8 because drat that looks cool. The atmosphere and sound/art design in these games is fantastic.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Happens to me every so often, too. I play a game and it's good and there's nothing I really dislike about it, but then I put it down and just never pick it back up because at the same time I guess it also just doesn't have much of a real pull when you're not actively playing it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

See how the person on the right isn't blocking the highlight? It's not raytraced.

Ahh.

I wonder how it looks on PS4 now, since that definitely wouldn't be ray traced. There's also another part later on with a rainbow of lights illuminating stairs so they also have a rainbow effect on each step.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I got really into RE7 and spent like 5 hours playing it when I got it and then literally never touched it again. I have no clue why. It was cool even if I normally hate unbeatable enemy hiding and running games. Definitely switches up that formula though for the better. Maybe I’ll restart it before 8 because drat that looks cool. The atmosphere and sound/art design in these games is fantastic.

I played it in PSVR and just could not get into it because it was too stressful.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Chad Sexington posted:

I played it in PSVR and just could not get into it because it was too stressful.

I played through RE7 100% in VR and it was to loving good. I never did the DLC though so I started that last night. Did the Chris Redfield mission. It was pretty good. It's also free so if you claimed RE7 on the PS+ collection, you should definitely get it. You can also get the season pass which gets you all the DLC for $12 right now, so it's a really good deal.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Chad Sexington posted:

RE7 in PSVR overloaded my fear response or something because for a couple of weeks after finishing it I genuinely wasn't scared of anything.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Necrothatcher posted:

RE7 in PSVR overloaded my fear response or something because for a couple of weeks after finishing it I genuinely wasn't scared of anything.

I used to be a flight instructor and have had somewhat near death experiences and RE7vr is still pretty far up there.

Also my PS4 Gold headset is still in great shape, I don’t need the fancy new PS5 one, right?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

univbee posted:

Ahh.

I wonder how it looks on PS4 now, since that definitely wouldn't be ray traced. There's also another part later on with a rainbow of lights illuminating stairs so they also have a rainbow effect on each step.

What's really odd is that I was seeing full scene reflections including that kind of occlusion and odd refraction. I'll have to take a closer look.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Necrothatcher posted:

That kind of thing happens. It's half the point of that whole catharsis thing. Emotions are a bit like a muscle, or like genitals. If you overexercise them, they can't get it up to quite the same degree for a while.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Kilometers Davis posted:

I got really into RE7 and spent like 5 hours playing it when I got it and then literally never touched it again.

I get this, but for just about every single player game there is. The minute I take a break of more than a day or two from an SP game... that's it. :shrug:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

doctorthefonz posted:

Ratchet & Clank in the ps+ collection is fun as gently caress and I'm now powerfully hyped for the new game in March

I started it the other night and the gameplay is fun but I have absolutely no idea what's going on in the story - I feel like there are missing cutscenes or something. Characters keep coming and going and talking to me as if I had any idea who they are, and I rarely know why I am doing anything that I am doing. But it's bright and colorful and the guns are really fun and hitting crates with the wrench is satisfying every time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m an annoying Bluepoint apologist but even I think something HUGE was lost in translation between the PS2 and PS4 Ratchet & Clank. The flow of the game is just off and I dropped it after the first planet or two.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wish you could play the older Ratchets on PS4/5. It's a good series. And the old games had better humor.

dantheman650 posted:

I started it the other night and the gameplay is fun but I have absolutely no idea what's going on in the story - I feel like there are missing cutscenes or something. Characters keep coming and going and talking to me as if I had any idea who they are, and I rarely know why I am doing anything that I am doing. But it's bright and colorful and the guns are really fun and hitting crates with the wrench is satisfying every time.

Yes they hosed that up because they wanted to integrate it with the movie's story (the prerendered scenes are straight from the movie), but did so in the clumsiest way possible.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tying it to that godawful movie was not wise

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dantheman650 posted:

You're supposed to watch the lovely R&C movie that came out at the same time for the story

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m an annoying Bluepoint apologist but even I think something HUGE was lost in translation between the PS2 and PS4 Ratchet & Clank. The flow of the game is just off and I dropped it after the first planet or two.

What connection are you drawing between Bluepoint and Ratchet

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

You're supposed to watch the lovely R&C movie that came out at the same time for the story

Well I am definitely not doing that. But I'm ok with it - the moment to moment jumping and shooting is enjoyable enough to power through the head-scratching dialog (and extremely ugly characters, sheesh!)

Is there any way to turn off the "Gameplay paused because of a blocked scene" notification? I never stream or record anyway and R&C is the first game I've ever seen it in. It's aggressively annoying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dantheman650 posted:

Well I am definitely not doing that. But I'm ok with it - the moment to moment jumping and shooting is enjoyable enough to power through the head-scratching dialog (and extremely ugly characters, sheesh!)

Is there any way to turn off the "Gameplay paused because of a blocked scene" notification? I never stream or record anyway and R&C is the first game I've ever seen it in. It's aggressively annoying.

Yeah i think so. There was on ps4

It was a constant annoyance in anime games around 2014/2015 and i found the toggle for it

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I was somehow able to snag a ps5 yesterday after the gpu Twitch stream I was sitting in mentioned there was a drop. I haven’t owned a non-Nintendo console since the ps2. Time to figure out what games I’m gonna buy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fknlo posted:

I was somehow able to snag a ps5 yesterday after the gpu Twitch stream I was sitting in mentioned there was a drop. I haven’t owned a non-Nintendo console since the ps2. Time to figure out what games I’m gonna buy.

Buy ps+ for 5 dollars and play the plus collection its like 20 of the best games of last gen.
Many notable omissions but thats where i would start

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dantheman650 posted:

On PS4 you had to do it from the menu that pops up when you press the share button, the option didnt appear anywhere else, no idea with PS5.

acems
May 8, 2019

wow i can't wait to play hitman vr*

*in 2 weeks, once the adapter that you can't order without a headset's serial number arrives

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

acems posted:

*in 2 weeks, once the adapter that you can't order without a headset's serial number arrives

I still can't believe how much of a hassle I had to go through to get my adapter. I would have rather they sold them at retail given how much time I wasted.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
The sound in that new RE demo was awesome and I guess it looked nice. I guess they still have some work to do though, as it seemed a little juddery when panning the view in the main lobby of the mansion. Also, when the event happens right before the demo ends, the framerate really took a poo poo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

henpod posted:

The sound in that new RE demo was awesome and I guess it looked nice. I guess they still have some work to do though, as it seemed a little juddery when panning the view in the main lobby of the mansion. Also, when the event happens right before the demo ends, the framerate really took a poo poo.

it was a 100% silky smooth experience for me, i didn't experience any of that

acems
May 8, 2019

Jose Oquendo posted:

I still can't believe how much of a hassle I had to go through to get my adapter. I would have rather they sold them at retail given how much time I wasted.

it's an absolute mess.

this part was my fuckup, but I think it's kind of absurd to have some games say "camera optional" on the box but then require the (ps4) camera to actually set up the head set. i assumed I could skate by without one, but I should have done better research. still though i feel like at least one parent has had to have made the same mistake before.

people are predictably scalping the adapter for $40-60 on ebay, which is insane given that I paid $120 for the headset with the box (sans camera).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Does the extra content in the Hitman 3 Deluxe edition justify the extra $20?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

it was a 100% silky smooth experience for me, i didn't experience any of that

Oh, alright. Weird.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does the extra content in the Hitman 3 Deluxe edition justify the extra $20?
Not even remotely.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

acems posted:

Yeah, I put in my order more than a month ago and it still hasn't even shipped.

How long did it take for those of you who have actually received it?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I've had both of mine since November.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

(I have two psvr to clarify)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yo what the gently caress is up with the Bugsnax ending?

acems
May 8, 2019

dantheman650 posted:

Yeah, I put in my order more than a month ago and it still hasn't even shipped.

How long did it take for those of you who have actually received it?

oh that's awesome. they say two weeks on their site, so i guess we'll see what happens. i'd really like to avoid ordering an adapter second-hand but if it goes more than two weeks without a peep I might end up biting the bullet.

acems fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

fknlo posted:

I'm in the same boat-ish, I've only ever had Nintendo consoles and never owned a sony console. Seconding the recommendation to get the PS Plus sub to get access to a ton of rad stuff, and in addition I picked up:

- Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Persona 5 Royal (for some reason only the base game is included in the PS Hits collection)
- 13 Sentinels
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Spider-Man Miles Morales (with the original Spider-Man Remastered)
- Demon's Souls