Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does the extra content in the Hitman 3 any game's Deluxe edition justify the extra $20?

never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

Yo what the gently caress is up with the Bugsnax ending?

Its great! You dont have to play any more lovely bugsnax

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

:mad:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Bugsnax is a cute game that I 100%ed and will never play again

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just thought the...shift in focus was a tad ridiculous.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The last 20 minutes and post-credits scene of Bugsnax are a hard sell on Bugsnax 2

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah... But does it really need a sequel? It felt long in the tooth towards the end.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

RuBisCO posted:

- Persona 5 Royal (for some reason only the base game is included in the PS Hits collection)

Considering you spent money on P5R, I think you just figured out why they only include the original.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Gutcruncher posted:

Considering you spent money on P5R, I think you just figured out why they only include the original.

Atlus holding out on porting Persona 5 to PC/Switch is the reason why I got a ps5 so loving got me, atlus

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Real hurthling! posted:

Modssssssss!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kirios posted:

Yeah... But does it really need a sequel? It felt long in the tooth towards the end.

I honestly don't know. It's like they're obviously planning something because you don't setup a brand new combat system full of trap-weapons to fight newer more aggressive Bugsnax just for a twist ending. I can see how they could expand this gimmick out and do new tricks given that the idea is Bugsnax in the City but I'm not sure if the charm/gimmick will hold up for a sequel. Maybe we can have a new cast of emotionally/socially distressed grumps?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I liked the sequel hook for bugsnax. It felt tongue in cheek and self aware to the fact that it definitely isnt getting a sequel

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RuBisCO posted:

I'm in the same boat-ish, I've only ever had Nintendo consoles and never owned a sony console. Seconding the recommendation to get the PS Plus sub to get access to a ton of rad stuff, and in addition I picked up:

- Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Persona 5 Royal (for some reason only the base game is included in the PS Hits collection)
- 13 Sentinels
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Spider-Man Miles Morales (with the original Spider-Man Remastered)
- Demon's Souls

Highly recommend you add Yakuza Like a Dragon

its my RPG of the decade

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I should probably play robot and clark before the new one comes out.

Is there any indication some of their other platformers will come out, like Silly Raccoon or Jake and Dexter?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

eonwe posted:

its my RPG of the decade

Second

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they remastered j&d for ps4 but no other word. naughty dog is already 2 ip's passed it.
sly is stuck on ps3/ps now and sucker punch is likewise 2 ip's passed it with no word.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I should probably play robot and clark before the new one comes out.

Is there any indication some of their other platformers will come out, like Silly Raccoon or Jake and Dexter?

Both the devs are too busy making boring award show bait games now

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Not touching Yakuza until March for the free PS5 update

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

Both the devs are too busy making boring award show bait games now

Well Nintendo is busy with stuff and they just farm out other franchises to development partners. Where's Toys for Bob, if they can make Crash and Spyro trilogy surely they can make some of them PS2 good games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Well Nintendo is busy with stuff and they just farm out other franchises to development partners. Where's Toys for Bob, if they can make Crash and Spyro trilogy surely they can make some of them PS2 good games

Sly was actually given to a smaller dev, but I don't think it came out great.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Nintendo has a special phone, it has one button and that button calls attorneys suing teenagers for making ROMs of old games. They take those ROMs, do nothing to them, stick them on a cartridge and sell them as new Switch releases for 60 dollars. Everyone applauds and talks about how nostalgic it is to play a low quality not-remaster of a thirty year old game at full price.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

y7 is a great game but its neither the best yakuza or the best rpg or even jrpg of the decade.
bunch of honeymooners up in this games forum. give poo poo time to breathe.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Lumpy posted:

I get this, but for just about every single player game there is. The minute I take a break of more than a day or two from an SP game... that's it. :shrug:

I have that problem a lot, but I am pretty sure it has to do with my ADHD, if you are not diagnosed maybe check for other signs...

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Lumpy posted:

I get this, but for just about every single player game there is. The minute I take a break of more than a day or two from an SP game... that's it. :shrug:

Are you over 30?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

eonwe posted:

its my RPG of the decade

For sure! I have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2 on PC, and waiting for the PC ports of 3/4/5/6.

I've heard so much good word on Like a Dragon and it's super tempting to skip to the end, but I want to play through the rest of Kiryu's saga first. I've heard it's not exactly necessary, but I figure I'm already invested in the series to march through anyways.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RuBisCO posted:

Atlus holding out on porting Persona 5 to PC/Switch is the reason why I got a ps5 so loving got me, atlus

congratulations on choosing to play persona 5 instead of just waiting for something that will never happen

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Y7 isn't blowing my mind with its gameplay but it's not like any other Yakuza has. It's definitely my series favorite, I don't miss the realtime combat for a second. It's also just dripping with charm, which is what Yakuza does best anyway. I love Kasuga, I love every character in the party so far, I love that I have to change job classes by going to a temp agency. It's going to work perfectly well as the game that I play off-and-on over the coming year. Looks great on PC too, def wait for the PS5 upgrade if you can.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Shammypants posted:

Are you over 30?

Very much so.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Has the PS5 stock situation changed at all? Or are people still just following Wario64 on Twitter and hoping they manage to snag one from the scalper bots? Sorry if this gets asked a lot.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Very much so.

Sad to say but I think that's just what happens when you've lived for a while and played games for a while. They just.. aren't that attractive anymore. I still buy them up, but it confuses me that they are so awesome but I can't just get into them like I did once. They look better and play better than ever, let alone sound better than ever, but it just is what it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

McCracAttack posted:

Has the PS5 stock situation changed at all? Or are people still just following Wario64 on Twitter and hoping they manage to snag one from the scalper bots? Sorry if this gets asked a lot.

Yeah poo poo insta-sells anytime it shows up in stock.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah poo poo insta-sells anytime it shows up in stock.

I'd love to know how much of this is due to the PS5 being stuck in a scalper death-spiral.

Shammypants posted:

Sad to say but I think that's just what happens when you've lived for a while and played games for a while. They just.. aren't that attractive anymore. I still buy them up, but it confuses me that they are so awesome but I can't just get into them like I did once. They look better and play better than ever, let alone sound better than ever, but it just is what it is.

My 16 year old self would be so pissed at me. "What do you mean you can afford all the consoles and play them on a giant 65" TV but you get bored and don't finish them!?"

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 22, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i can't play as much because more and more often i come home from work too tired to do anything but eat dinner and fall asleep

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm totally the opposite, I'm way more into games now than I was in my 20s. I used to not finish the few games I picked up (unless it was a new MGS game or something) but now I'm a total completionist and even kinda enjoy collectathons sometimes. I think it was when I finally started playing FROM games about 4-5 years ago, they really made me appreciate games in a new way. I remember everyone talking about Dark Souls when it came out and at that time the game sounded like something that was super not for me, but I later gave DS2 a try and suddenly got hooked back into the habit of gaming like I was 12 again. I think games that require focus help me decompress from a long day and take my mind off poo poo better than other forms of entertainment.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Nice just snagged one off Best Buy, had 4 tabs open in all 4 corners of the screen.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I've realized that I just end up spending a lot of time playing Rainbow, CoD, Rocket League, Warzone and other time consuming games, and slowly it doesn't even make sense to buy new games.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I almost never finished games even when I was a kid. They're entertainment, not work. If I'm done, I'm done.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
It's too easy just to slip into gameplay loops which deter you from taking on more involved or time consuming games I think.

Like, after my wife and kid have gone to bed, I can either take on some meaty new single player campaign and have to get used to new mechanics, plots and challenges... Or I can play a game or two of Fifa, where I know exactly what I'm doing, and how long the game will last.

This is even more the case now that I'm pretty much putting off playing anything new til I get a ps5 sometime in 2023.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
My ps5 is not the digital only version. I assume they still sell physical copies of the games, is there any reason to buy those or is most game data still getting downloaded to the hard drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

fknlo posted:

My ps5 is not the digital only version. I assume they still sell physical copies of the games, is there any reason to buy those or is most game data still getting downloaded to the hard drive?

Depends on the game.

Cyberpunk is on 2 discs because it's 110gb.

Doom is a 40gb disc that then gets overhauled by a 60gb download.

None of them do that PC bullshit where it's a 1mb software key

You can play all of them out of the box without an internet connection.

And unless you're on gig fiber a disc is going to install way faster than some horseshit like Time Warner/Comcast. Like if you live in Philly your launch day purchase of Red Dead 2 is almost done downloading.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 22, 2021