Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Comments are numbered chronologically, but seperated by poster. We'll see if this makes the reread post easier to read. A good chunk of the numbers are hyperlinks for when I felt they needed context. The post felt too big to have them inline. I'll throw some summary thoughts at the end.

Bifauxnen (surprise me)
(2) Initial response to the SNG bazaar post rubbed me the wrong way, but this is light. It was good enough for a d1 vote. Let's find out how much of me butting heads with Bif D1 was reasonable and how much was in my head.
(3)

Bifauxnen posted:

Not looking for benefits so much as looking for how he's gonna continue the act if someone engages with it, all "ok alliances huh, what's that actually supposed to mean then hey" instead of just ignoring it entirely. but I accept this answer as a potentially legit bad read
This I didn't like at the time either, ok, good I still don't like it. It isn't that I was getting bothered by the Bif-pressure, it's a legit bad post. It's all in that last line. She accepts this answer as a potentially legit bad read. She knows I am town (because she is scum). But thinks I lucked into my read, because she is cocky and doesn't think she could get nailed based on that first post. Still feeling good about my Bif read 2 pages in.
(9) Bif defends me a little here, Somber doesn't like my content game response, Bif could have said nothing, at this point I was voting her, but she wasn't voting me. But a defense here, even a weak one, is closing off her options later. This is a good look on Bif.
(14) Ok, this is where it starts heating up. Bif calls me out for my choice to block SNG. She says she thought I had a town read on him so it makes very little sense to block him. Giving her the benefit of the doubt that she thought I had a town read, rather than just liking a post (a small distinction, and one I'm willing to grant). Then this line of questioning makes sense. I felt attacked when this happened initially, but on reread I do not find it questionable at all.
(15) The followup is reasonable too. The questioning is legit. I am not seeing the behavior from Bif as scummy at all on the reread. drat.
(16) There is a bunch of back and forth now between Bif and I here, both of us digging in our heels. I still feel the joke response to SNG was bad and scum mindy, but I was attributing that scum mindedness to later posts which are completely on the level. I am arguing from a point of heavy bias, and am not arguing in good faith. This leads to Bif voting me. It is not a bad vote.
(20) Bif tries to sell the case on me to Spokes. This is reasonable. Her pushing the case she made makes sense. I again have no objections to Bif's posts on a reread that I had huge objections to on my initial read.

flerp (he/him)
(4) Comments on the SNG alliance post after Bif and I already start getting into it. He ignores the action and continues with the jokes. Could be a Bif scumbuddy ignoring the kerfuffle so as not to have to weigh in. Or it could just be a joke post about a joke post.
(7) flerp's non-answer to Somber's content game pings me a bit. It's also a comedy bit, so I get it, but it doesn't feel natural and flow, it feels like a non-answer so that he can't be nailed by an answer.
(10) This is a lovely, worthless answer and slimy AF. It is sidestepping Somber's suspicions rather than ignoring or addressing them. It is a bad look.
(24) When the spokes wagon is full steam ahead, flerp says that IA is scum if Spokes is town, setting up a hell of a chain before a flip. Another bad flerp look.
(26) Spokes claimed doc and flerp uses the chamber he already had in the round, and goes after IA. He was expecting to start this d2 after a spokes execution, rather after the doc claim, but it all goes to his plan.

Grandicap (He, Him) - Is me, is town.

Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
(11) It is a good chunk into d1 and I have no thoughts on Hal yet, he has posted but it's been mostly empty. Would scum Hal sit this far back? I feel like this is in character for a town Hal. Just making note that I have nothing for him as of yet.
(21) Continuing my lack of thoughts about Hal. He is posting, I am reading his posts, but I have found nothing to comment on about his posts.
(23) Ok, so Hal votes Spokes before the Opop case, but after the Opop vote. This doesn't really change his backgroundness, but it is an action. And an early vote for a decent reason, even if he didn't explain it. I feel a little better about Hal's fading into the background.

Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
(12) It is a good chunk into d1 and I have no thoughts on Opop yet, he has posted but it's been mostly empty. Would scum-pop sit this far back? I feel like this is not in character for a town Opop. Just making a note that I have nothing for him as of yet.
(18) Opop's first legit contribution to the game is a defense of me. He tries to pull Bif off of my rear end right after Somber does. Same comment that I made about Somber, I don't think scum in this situation would try and deescalate.
(22) Opop pops off a good Spokes case. A wrong spokes case, but this pulls me off of the Opop is in the background thoughts. And he came up with Bifterrogation, so bonus points.
(25) Opop pushes away from me again. He hasn't expressly said I'm town, but he is going to bat for me more than I am comfortable with. Would a scum-pop go this far in the tank for me? It feels off. But I don't see him putting himself on the line so hard for me as scum.

sandnavyguy (He/him)
(1) Initial Good feels from the bazaar post, and the follow up post. I mentioned it at the time, but the calm coolness and collectedness feels genuine.
(5) Defends Bif's tack wrt me. Uses a Bif scum meta that would be that she would ease off the pressure if she were scum. I don't agree with this meta call, but I don't think it is necessarily scummy. But also calls me out for defending him. Defending him from what? I was going after Bif. SNG wasn't under attack AFAIK so there was nothing to defend.
(19) SNG's odd timing post. That I only have Bif's vote on me after 3 hours makes me scum. Because if I were town, scum would have jumped on the vote. On D1. He then uses that timing to justify why I am null lean scum. But He'll wait a bit to throw a vote on me. It wasn't my "reach" on Bif, that makes him think I'm scum, it's that Bif voted me and noone else did. I do not like this reasoning at all. It is a scum looking for a justification to vote me without a justification. SNG rockets up my potential scum list on the merits of this post alone.
(27) Follows up with the first vote on me after the Spokes claim. Says I'm his biggest scum read after not mentioning me since the previous post on my that was all about timing and ended up with a null lean scum on me. This is scum justification.

Somberbrero (He/him)
(6) Enters with content game and an express null read on the interaction between me and Bif. Innocuous entry, segued into white noise content generation. This is an easy scum entrance, let's see if it builds to anything. I do not recall any negative feelings towards Somber yesterday, but I'm going to be looking harder in my reread to see if I spot a thing.
(8) Somber goes after flerp for the same thing I saw, and after me for my response too. Null read on this post, but it ties to things on flerp and Bif, so I am noting it.
(13) This post rings true to me for Somber. Coming back after an extended time away does make you super trepedatious about your own posts. This makes me feel better about any Somber awkwardness. This is true of coming back as scum too, just that any awkwardness that may be attributed to being scum, now has another likely reason as well.
(17) Somber says that I'm making a reach in my case on Bif, and tries to get her to pull up. I don't think scum in this situation would try and deescalate.
(28) The game of chicken between Bif and Somber is fun. I like it.

That's all of D1, I come in at the end and hammer IA right before either Bif or Somber blink with 2 minutes to deadline.

So, I feel like I was wrong on Bif D1. She is most likely town. My biggest scum reads are flerp and SNG (Another D1 opinion I no longer agree with). Hal is my sleeper pick.

##vote flerp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
off the cuffs, barely any effort thoughts. i could make big cases but i need to work out before i forget

i feel good about a grandi vote, kinda just a combo of general off vibes and a lot of people feel confident that maybe im dumb but im trusting other people

re-reading somber, actually looks fairly engaged, doesnt feel like theyre faking anything, my "hiding in plain sight" thing from d1 doesnt hold up

honestly, kind of for an RF vote. its a mix of lazy, "scum wouldn't/would do this" kind of posts, and idk just a vibe i get.

those were the 3 i wanted to re-read maybe ill read some more tmrw idk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah, the more I dwell on those RF posts that are trying to solve the game from D1 vote patterns and ending up with this unjustified dichotomy the more I don’t like it. Somber saying ahhh this is all sensible is also a little out of left field to me

Grandi making an effort post is nice but doesn’t swing the pendulum very hard, I suppose the flerp points are decent, flerp seems a little overconfident in his reads so far more than I’d expect. I guess I feel a bit better about grandi

A lot of my SNG suspicion was predicated on him bussing grandi, but looking back he looks scummy regardless, still don’t like the way his D1 suspicions shifted around with little rationale

I think maybe SNG>grandi for me at this point, would also do RF, my only reticence is that he might be putting a bit more effort into that fake analysis than I’d expect from him as scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Isn't this day over yet drat

That Grandi post will be real interesting if he flips town but it's not enough to make me shift gears today

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, I figured too little too late. But at least my reads are down and on paper to go back to when I flip.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But I'd totally be down for a SNG push if noone is interested in flerp.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

If you all want to flip me go ahead, but I’ve categorically not been wishywashy. I’ve made general movements over time, but I haven’t wavered from stated positions with the exception of a bit of vagueness with regard to RFs motives.

I’m vanilla town so I’m not the worst mislunch you can make, though the fact you are being this easily swung from Grandi *again* should at the very least give you all pause. So when I flip town just maaaaybe consider lunching him, eh?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's a lot of "when I flip town"s and an unprompted claim for someone with exactly zero votes. I agree we shouldnt switch off grandi at this point or we'll just go back and forth forever but yeesh.

##vote grandi -1 but we've got 7 hours left and I have to run into work today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

If you all want to flip me go ahead, but I’ve categorically not been wishywashy. I’ve made general movements over time, but I haven’t wavered from stated positions with the exception of a bit of vagueness with regard to RFs motives.

I’m vanilla town so I’m not the worst mislunch you can make, though the fact you are being this easily swung from Grandi *again* should at the very least give you all pause. So when I flip town just maaaaybe consider lunching him, eh?

Wtf ok now I almost want to vote you where did this even come from

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I mean am I going nuts or-

*checks votefinder*

no one's even voted for you yet, christ on a cracker calm down mate

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

*checks votefinder*

Yeah, he’s a bad apple for sure

But I’m ok ending the day since I think grandi is locked in at this point

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

*checks votefinder*

I’m... not panicking? I’ve read and seen 3-4 people who suspect me, and we’ve yet to lunch Grandi. I’m covering my bases is all.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m... not panicking? I’ve read and seen 3-4 people who suspect me, and we’ve yet to lunch Grandi. I’m covering my bases is all.

Since, ya know, it only takes four votes to lunch. As it is no ones posting much and when they do it’s in clumps, I don’t want one of those clumps to be an easy swing. Though if it does, as I said it’s not a horrible thing. Which is uh... not a freak out?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sandnavyguy posted:

Since, ya know, it only takes four votes to lunch. As it is no ones posting much and when they do it’s in clumps, I don’t want one of those clumps to be an easy swing. Though if it does, as I said it’s not a horrible thing. Which is uh... not a freak out?

It is maybe a little bit of a freakout :shobon:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

flerp (he/him)
(10) This is a lovely, worthless answer and slimy AF. It is sidestepping Somber's suspicions rather than ignoring or addressing them. It is a bad look.

I'm still digesting this post but I feel like this line is a little harsh, no? It's not like my point was that sharp to begin with.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I'm still digesting this post but I feel like this line is a little harsh, no? It's not like my point was that sharp to begin with.

That’s a tough post to digest, maybe take a bran supplement with it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

So, I feel like I was wrong on Bif D1. She is most likely town. My biggest scum reads are flerp and SNG (Another D1 opinion I no longer agree with). Hal is my sleeper pick.

##vote flerp

this does remind me of one of my favorite snooze cruise post sequences, now that i think about it.

i realize these are maybe apples and potatoes but i think the core conceits are similar enough. i have thought on it and i'm good to vote grandi. ##vote grandi

apologies if i'm wrong grandiman.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye Grandicap!

Votecount for Day 2
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 51 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap, Fracking (Scum-Aligned Roleblocker), has been executed Day 2!!

quote:

You are Fracking, Scum Roleblocker! Thanks to your lovely ability to just absolutely destroy the environment, you can mess up one sandfolk every night and prevent them from performing any action with the ##roleblock action!

It is now N2.

Night will be 24 hours.
Thread will remain open for night phase but keep it off game chat please.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Frack you Sandwolf, I’ll talk about whatever I want

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:zombie:Go Scum! :ghost:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Seems like gamechat, modkill imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Frack you Sandwolf, I’ll talk about whatever I want

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will instead sit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrerio, Cob (Town-aligned 1-shot Mason Recruiter) has suffocated N2

quote:

You are Cob, Town-aligned 1-shot Mason Recruiter! Thanks to cob’s ability to keep matter together, you can choose one sandy friend to join you in a masonry for the game. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

It is now Day 3. Deadline in 48 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, flerp, Hal Insandenza, Retro Futurist, sandnavyguy

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dammit I was hoping his breadcrumbs weren't too blatant, and they'd just take the easy route killing me. Oh well this should hopefully be easy again today.

##vote RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Dammit I was hoping his breadcrumbs weren't too blatant, and they'd just take the easy route killing me. Oh well this should hopefully be easy again today.

##vote RF

I think RF is the best option as well, followed by SNG

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Insandenza posted:

I think RF is the best option as well, followed by SNG

In what possible world would I be a good possibility in light of that flip?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote RF

I am in no mood to turbo, but I will happily vote RF rn if you hadn’t done it first.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

In what possible world would I be a good possibility in light of that flip?

One where RF somehow flips town?! I don't actually even know yet who else would be the next best choice then, cause in that possible world I assume I will not be in a position to have to care

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandi was pretty clearly trying to set me up yesterday, I can’t believe people are buying it. Plus somber was like the one person who didn’t post any kind of suspicion on me why would I kill him?

My analysis put flerp as the most likely second scum, and Grandi tosses out a weak case that obviously wasn’t going to convince anyone when he’s just about to get the chop. Seems obvious to me ##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah im for the rf vote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
scum trying to pin lil ol me so rude

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i guess ill also propose the possibility of a bif/grandi manufactured scum fight at the start of the game, but thats only gonna be considered in a post-opop world

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is there a case in me besides that I didn't want to vote grandi D1?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

Is there a case in me besides that I didn't want to vote grandi D1?

I mean, that’s the foundation of my case, yes, but also that your defensive posts for Grandi were enough of a stretch that it seemed you were trying to actively protect them as well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

I mean, that’s the foundation of my case, yes, but also that your defensive posts for Grandi were enough of a stretch that it seemed you were trying to actively protect them as well.

Yeah I thought your observations about RF yesterday were good. I also got bad vibes from RF saying earlier that a Grandi flip "wouldn't tell us much". I don't know what he's on about with Grandi trying to set him up either, I totally disregarded anything Grandi said yesterday anyway so it's not like I care about that. Seems like a bit of flailing.

So you don't need to convince me, there isn't anyone I would wanna lunch today before RF.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah the "grandi was setting me (RF) up last night" and "grandi was trying to bus flerp" seems like pretty conflicting opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright well, I'm obviously vanilla so we don't lose much if it's me, but I think there are much more viable candidates and that I'm a bit of an apathy lynch. I was on everyone's totally towny list and then sng made a bad point and everyone jumped on it. But if you guys want to be dumb and kill me then so it goes :shrug: