Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I just find it wild that they cast Oscar Isaac as Gomez in an animated movie. Like, what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Almost as bizarre as casting him as Apocalypse and burying him under 20 lbs of makeup.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Jason Statham was hilarious in Spy.

In Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (his acting debut) he was the comic relief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeztSCCX6VY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He got the part in Lock, Stock because he actually used to sell shady poo poo on street corners to help make ends meet between modeling gigs.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

He got the part in Lock, Stock because he actually used to sell shady poo poo on street corners to help make ends meet between modeling gigs.

And that's not even the most degrading thing he did to survive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu3JqLMImY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvhgG9ee9Aw

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu3JqLMImY&t=18s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvhgG9ee9Aw&t=14s

e;f,b but def not deleting

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

e;f,b but def not deleting

...either this was an incredibly creepy coincidence or we read the same Cracked article.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

AceOfFlames posted:

...either this was an incredibly creepy coincidence or we read the same Cracked article.

While I did read Cracked for several years, I think these music videos are hardly the internet's best kept secret at this point.

Like Tom Hardy's rap mixtape.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if people who work with Statham on a movie play these songs out loud and then if he says something, play dumb just to gently caress with him.

Heck, I’d do that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

why can't we make a movie about this

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jeremy Renner got his careers backwards. You're supposed to be involved with terrible music before you become an actor.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Jeremy Renner got his careers backwards. You're supposed to be involved with terrible music before you become an actor.
When are you supposed to release the app for people to talk about how much they like you?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

PAPA PEE PEE POO POO GOTTA TEEEELLLLLL YOOOOOOOU. NEVAH BE DA SAME

cuz heaven dont have a name.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

PAPA PEE PEE POO POO GOTTA TEEEELLLLLL YOOOOOOOU. NEVAH BE DA SAME

cuz heaven dont have a name.

I always forget that stupid name. It's got a name. It's heaven.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/legendary/status/1352711404298506240?s=21

Hype

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Is the Green Knight ever coming out

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Firstborn posted:

No, nor are Dune or The Northman. And Saint Maud is never getting a wide release either

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

A bunch of stuff got pushed back this week, movies are just a carrot dangling in front of a tired donkey at this point

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Maybe if they promised to inject movies alongside the vaccine

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But I thought ww84 made a hundred million dollars or smth

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is penance for laughing at The New Mutants.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tars Tarkas posted:

A bunch of stuff got pushed back this week, movies are just a carrot dangling in front of a tired donkey at this point

But who is the donkey, us or the studios?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Firstborn posted:

A24 redated it last month (for July 31st), but like all theatrical release dates that's aspirational at this point

Saint Maud is getting a limited theatrical release at the end of the month, and then going to Epix's streaming service, which I had no idea existed

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait aren't we supposed to have a new thread for the new year?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Much as new releases, the new thread got pushed to 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The studios just need to acknowledge reality and push everything back to at least the fall, minimum. Nobody is going to theaters until then.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mameluke posted:

But I thought ww84 made a hundred million dollars or smth

It made $100M outside the US predominantly in countries that already much further along in their recovery. Studios care a bit less about foreign box office numbers since they release through an intermediary outside the US that paid upfront for the rights and keep the lion's share of the money. Similar to streaming deals these days.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

This is penance for laughing at The New Mutants.

You laugh, but New Mutants was delayed two and a half years. As of now, No Time to Die has been delayed just under two years from its original release date. So it could get there.

Martman posted:

When are you supposed to release the app for people to talk about how much they like you?

Nasty!! Not Cool

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reportedly streaming services tried to buy the new Top Gun but Paramount is refusing to sell because they expect it to be a mega hit.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

FlamingLiberal posted:

The studios just need to acknowledge reality and push everything back to at least the fall, minimum. Nobody is going to theaters until then.

Even next year, they need to be ok with me wearing my apocalypse mask or I'm not going.

I'm not that guy but that's my exact mask and filters.

OddlySpecificGuy
Jan 11, 2021

by Cyrano4747
Can this thread be closed and can someone make a thread for 2021, called who Greenlighted 2021: The Return of the Films in Theatre?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OddlySpecificGuy posted:

Can this thread be closed and can someone make a thread for 2021, called who Greenlighted 2021: The Return of the Films in Theatre?
Nope, 2020 extends until 2022 for all theatrethreads

OddlySpecificGuy
Jan 11, 2021

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

Nope, 2020 extends until 2022 for all theatrethreads

Look just close this thread, I mean we got vaccines now since early December which means more movies will happen in 2021. Just close this thread and let somebody make a new one damit.

OddlySpecificGuy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 24, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This thread shouldn't be closed till all of last year's new movies come out.

OddlySpecificGuy
Jan 11, 2021

by Cyrano4747

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah, but movie that are coming out in 2021 are coming out this year, so yeah close this thread and make a new one. Also some of these threads had movies that didn't come out until a few years later so there.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's still 2020 until I can at least watch Dune.

OddlySpecificGuy
Jan 11, 2021

by Cyrano4747

OddlySpecificGuy posted:

Yeah, but there are movies that are coming out in 2021 are coming out this year, so yeah close this thread and make a new one. Also some of these who greenlighted? threads had movies that didn't come out until a few years later so there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Leave thread open because it really doesn't matter

OddlySpecificGuy
Jan 11, 2021

by Cyrano4747

Len posted:

Leave thread open because it really doesn't matter

Oh for the love of pete, Close👏This👏Thread. Keeping this thread as 2020 is embarrassing, just move on. I mean for God's sake, look at the past threads of Who Greenlighted? and you can see why you need to close this thread and make the 2021 thread. Same goes for the animation thread.

Remember the Sonic movie was supposed to come out in 2019 and instead came out in 2020, I think it will be fine if we make a 2021 Who Greenlighted and Animation 2021 thead.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

OddlySpecificGuy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
This is oddly specific.