Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Microsoft is betting that you will. Seems ghoulish.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1352390788613857284

The tech giant has raised the possibility of creating an AI-based chatbot that would be built upon the profile of a person, which includes their "images, voice data, social media posts, electronic messages," among other types of personal information. It's understood that the chatbot would then be able to simulate human conversation through voice commands and/or text chats.

However, Microsoft has taken the concept a step further by suggesting that a 2D or 3D model of a specific person could potentially be created, using "images and depth information, or video data" of an individual in order to build a chatbot that has the same characteristics and behaviour based on the digital output of a specific person.

"The specific person [who the chat bot represents] may correspond to a past or present entity (or a version thereof), such as a friend, a relative, an acquaintance, a celebrity, a fictional character, a historical figure, a random entity, etc.," the patent explains. "The specific person may also correspond to oneself (e.g., the user creating/training the chat bot."

https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-chatbot-patent-imitate-dead-people-ai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Can't wait to see my dead dad trying to sell me shoe inserts.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'd lose my loving mind. Literally, I would not be okay. Someone would find me dead across my keyboard with "you aren't my husband" posted a few thousand times on the screen.

If it helps people, that's great. It ain't for me.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Cant wait until it digs up all my comments from "Busty Blondes Vol 4". Woo-wee

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
sure why not op

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

ELI PORTER posted:

sure why not op

Because it isn't genuine. It has no soul.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

My grandma was very engaged with the local catholic church and whatever social injustices that were conveyed through 1990's PBS. That being said, no I have no desire to talk with a bot that extrapolates her personality through available data at the time. Plus some dumb loving robot couldn't bake some bomb rear end cookies and meals so it can gently caress off right back to cyberland with Alphie II and Poo-Chi the robot dog.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
If you're gonna patent a Black Mirror episode why the gently caress wouldn't it be the Tekken That Makes You Gay one?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's just a script that turns your dead relatives' texts and messages into new JerkCity comics.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I had some "psychic" woman try talking to me about my dead parent and I could have killed a person.

No difference.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Linux Pirate posted:

Plus some dumb loving robot couldn't bake some bomb rear end cookies and meals so it can gently caress off right back to cyberland with Alphie II and Poo-Chi the robot dog.

You sure about that?

Xaintrailles posted:

If you're gonna patent a Black Mirror episode why the gently caress wouldn't it be the Tekken That Makes You Gay one?

Objectively the best episode of Black Mirror, just a loving triumph and lol at the same time

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
why in the motherfuck would i do that

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
poo poo, just get a oujia board like a normal person if you wanna do that.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
can i feed it pictures of microwave's mother instead of mine??

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Hairy Right Hook posted:

You sure about that?

When Alphie II or Poo-Chi can make a delicious bake of oatmeal cookies or corned beef out of paper cards or a magnetic plastic bone, get back to me.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Xaintrailles posted:

First the Chinese Communist Party sees Nosedive and thinks ":hmmyes: great idea" and now this.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
It is not best for people's mental health that this becomes a thing.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Linux Pirate posted:

When Alphie II or Poo-Chi can make a delicious bake of oatmeal cookies or corned beef out of paper cards or a magnetic plastic bone, get back to me.

Are you telling me you wouldn't keep them shits around if they could?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet I could gently caress that poo poo up in five words.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Great. My chatbot is gonna be telling my grieving kids to release the Trump piss tapes and bring me more shrimp tubes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Will they make chatbots of living people? I'm curious if I know where I left my keys.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
We can create AI hell, then create Hitler chatbot, then put him in there :xd:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Will they make chatbots of living people? I'm curious if I know where I left my keys.

Ha ha very funny joke fellow human with no artificial qualities whatsoever! Made me spill my coffee all over my monitor that definitely exists

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Facebook full of dead people's chatbots trashing the far left liberal agenda and complaining about restaurant service.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My dad can't spell for poo poo.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Do they also release them into the wild to learn how to talk so all my dead relative will be randomly racist?

Upgrades to Dr. Sbaitso won’t replace my grandparents. :(

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
lmao my internet bot is going to be a loving rear end in a top hat.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Hairy Right Hook posted:

Are you telling me you wouldn't keep them shits around if they could?

If you're asking if I would accept a robot that would make me tasty foods, then yes I would accept it. In fact it would be better if it would make good food without reminding me of my dead relative.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ultra Carp
gross, op

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ultra Carp

Xaintrailles posted:

That's just tekken though?

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

lol they did this already with a kid killed in the Parkland shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwnR8FlH9e8

edit: better link

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 23, 2021

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Black Mirror really needs to be canceled. The writers sit around all day thinking about the worst ways technology could be used and ofc idiot companies and people are just making all the bad ideas a reality.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Cancel culture strikes again :rolleyes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pawn 17 posted:

Black Mirror really needs to be canceled. The writers sit around all day thinking about the worst ways technology could be used and ofc idiot companies and people are just making all the bad ideas a reality.

I'm still waiting on that gay sex VR :wiggle:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm still waiting on that gay sex VR :wiggle:

OK well I’ll let that one slide if the brain geniuses at Microsoft want to work on it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Isn't this the whole point of psychics though? I'm pretty sure Microsoft will be just as expensive as getting tickets to John Edwards show or joining Sylvia Browne's church.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
gently caress that lmao

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

redm posted:

gently caress that lmao

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

We can create AI hell, then create Hitler chatbot, then put him in there :xd:

Calm down, Roko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Calm down, Roko

That's very disrespectful! I'm assigning your future death AI to virtual hell too :colbert: