Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Aw drat, Mira Furlan died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jesus. Who's left from the B5 cast at this point?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm fairly early in on TED LASSO, partly because with episode 2 (the thing with the photo) I was sure the show was about to go down a road I wasn't that interested in, but the third episode was a lovely twist on what I thought was coming.

It's funny that I knew Brett Goldstein (who pays Roy Kent) from his podcast Movies To Be Buried with, which is a delight. He also sounds completely different. It's worth checking out though, he's had some great guests on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Jesus. Who's left from the B5 cast at this point?

Boxleitner is going strong baby

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
That is what makes Ted Lasso so great. It makes you think it is doing this cliche thing, but it does a twist on it. This is especially excellent when it comes to the 2 main female leads.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Some people here might like this I found on Twitter, someone made a fifteen-course self-guided syllabus centered around watching Halt and Catch Fire and using it to discuss the history of technology: https://bits.ashleyblewer.com/halt-and-catch-fire-syllabus/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97oUvUeyO0

Seems like it sucks to be Superman

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Why should it not? Superman needs obstacles.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Holy gently caress the new episode of Search Party. Just holy gently caress.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Simone Magus posted:

Holy gently caress the new episode of Search Party. Just holy gently caress.

Which one? There are 3 new ones this week. All are great in their own way.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Death by book had me cracking up.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cant cook creole bream posted:

Which one? There are 3 new ones this week. All are great in their own way.

I was only 15 minutes into the first new one when I posted that lol

Jesus this might end up the best show of the year

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1352766105266348034

Kiiinda feel like Jane should be the one suing here, if anyone is gonna sue

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Replace every mention of Mickey Rourke in 30 Rock with Mike Lindell

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Martin Scorsese filmed a 3-hour SCTV reunion special in 2018 including Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short and others. Apparently even Rick Moranis came out of retirement to be in it but there's been no news about it since then. Can't be good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Amazon has announced Invincible will premiere March 26th. Standard Amazon release schedule, three episodes to start, weekly after.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Dear Search Party S4 E4-6,

what

Sincerely,

Isaboo

(ya'll need to watch this show if you're not already)

isaboo fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 23, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

isaboo posted:

Dear Search Party S4 E4-6,

what

Sincerely,

Isaboo

(ya'll need to watch this show if you're not already)

I'm a jumpy girl! I jumped!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I really want to have a thread for that show, but I know I couldn't do the OP justice.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
:justpost:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fine...

Edit: There, I did it! Now all come into that thread and laugh at my bad OP-making skills.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 23, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ted Lasso is like the anti-soap opera. It's just sweet and charming all the way through.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Amazon has announced Invincible will premiere March 26th. Standard Amazon release schedule, three episodes to start, weekly after.

I still don't know what they are expecting to happen with this show. Surely it's just gonna get canned immediately.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hakkesshu posted:

I still don't know what they are expecting to happen with this show. Surely it's just gonna get canned immediately.

Why's that?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The way animation works, there's at least a second season in the works.

With hourlong(!) animated episodes, they must be really loving confident with this show. Or maybe Alexa just spat it out when she was asked for a franchising property "almost exactly like The Boys, while also containing a completely different premise to The Boys".

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Azhais posted:

Why's that?

Because adult-focused dramatic animation rarely ever does well in the west. And they haven't really been showing off what the show actually is (namely the gore) so I can imagine a lot of people being blindsided by that. Maybe they're banking on some The Boys crossover appeal but I doubt it's going to happen. It's not like the comic even has a huge fanbase.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Isn't invincible a teen comic

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well anime is getting more popular and less niche, not to mention there's a heavy overlap with millennials and 'cartoons that look like justice league'

Castlevania is in a similar situation and it seems to do well enough. Tastes change, after all, and dramatic animation isn't as weird as it used to be.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Azhais posted:

It was gore-heavy when the Big Twist happened early in the run.

Since then there's been more gore, genocide, male rape, Quiverfull-style strategic breeding and a bunch of other poo poo that most certainly is not just a teen power fantasy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is the Invincible show really gonna have hour-long episodes, drat

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah Invincible is ostensibly a teen comic in the way a lot of 90s comics like Spawn were teen comics.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just got done watching the two-parter Tiger (Woods) documentary on HBO.

It was awesome.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

And Larry King.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

And Larry King.

This is fuckin wild. I thought he had the Keith Richards thing going on.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhyno posted:

This is fuckin wild. I thought he had the Keith Richards thing going on.

COVID-reaped by Lady Rona

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

And Larry King.

drat, just read an article to see the details and he had 5 children, two of which died in 2020.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Rogen and Goldberg are producing. I imagine they are expecting a smash hit success like The Boys which they may be onto because people were saying the same stuff about that show before it came out

Azhais posted:

There's a teen in it!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is Search Party streaming anywhere? Y'all won't shut up about it so I figure I should give it a shot.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
HBO Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was there no thread for Dead To Me ever? It felt like it was all the talk at one point but can’t find one. Curious to see if other people had as many ‘oh gently caress!’ shouts as I did, and how people felt towards the characters.