Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

I always locked my door even in apartments because more than once every time someone would get off on the wrong floor and try to open my door.

Once my ex got off on the wrong floor she entered some old guys apartment because he never locked his door

It's a great way to meet your neighbours!

Yep, only has to happen once and you'll never fail to lock it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Here in SF thieves will smash your windows even if the inside is immaculate just to get a reeeeallly good look around in case there’s a penny between the seat cushions or whatever. Our cops are useless lazy fucks and won’t do poo poo about it either (too busy harassing the homeless or just sleeping in their squad cars knowing it’s drat near impossible to fire them).

I still feel safer in my apartment than in any house I’ve ever lived in. My windows have bars and any burglars have to bypass three locked doors or scale a giant wall in view of a bunch of other apartments to get to me and it’s basically impossible to case my place.

My FIL has a super complex alarm system with cameras everywhere in his lily white exurban subdivision because he knew someone who knew someone who got robbed at gunpoint in a different neighborhood back in ‘92.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

nishi koichi posted:

who’s that guy

why’s he doing that

and who’s that guy

which one of them is bob

where are they going

JUST WATCH FUUUUCCKKKK

I've had literally this, and literally 'why are they doing this?' *next scene seconds later is explaining why they're doing things*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Leave your car door unlocked but superglue a razor blade underneath the handle.

And don't ever forget it's there.

Seems like a good way to get ALL your windows busted

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Sabotaging things to injure people is a lot more reprehensible than stealing. What a gross thing to suggest.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

nishi koichi posted:

who’s that guy

why’s he doing that

and who’s that guy

which one of them is bob

where are they going

JUST WATCH FUUUUCCKKKK

The best part is when they do this in the first 10m of a movie or first episode of a show. I've seen just as much as you, dad, its being deliberately mysterious, that is the entire hook, shut up.

Boomers also get upset if you pause the movie to answer their questions about the movie.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I know two people who got their windows smashed in (both in Providence, because of course) and in both cases they only bothered to report it to the police for insurance purposes. They aren't going to do gently caress all about it and everyone knows it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

nishi koichi posted:

who’s that guy

why’s he doing that

and who’s that guy

which one of them is bob

where are they going

JUST WATCH FUUUUCCKKKK

My mom stopped doing this when I started just leaving the room and doing something else.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I left my backpack in my car overnight once when I lived in Fremont in a pretty nice neighborhood and someone smashed my window to get it, rummaged through the (worthless) contents, and just left them scattered around my car. It's the only time my car got broken into and it was a $140 lesson about leaving a backpack in a car parked on the curb overnight.

While we do in fact lock our front door our house got burglarized in broad daylight as well. Turns out waiting until residents leave for work gives thieves a window of time to kick in the door and rasack the place and get out. Nerghbors saw the thieves leave and called the cops, but of course they never caught the people nor did we ever see the stolen items again. Luckily they didn't steal much of value; by some miracle my wife's laptop containing her Master's Thesis was spared. The biggest hassle was fixing the door they kicked in and the fact that we thought they stole a checkbook, went and changed our checking account/all the attached stuff only whoops the checkbook was there all along a few weeks later.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
When my mom and I started binge watching shows, starting with Breaking Bad, and then Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc, we'd make some good lunch beforehand, and I'd recap everything from the past episode or two to limit questions.

I kept the Red Wedding a secret for her for months. gently caress that was so worth it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Do I have the brain worms where everything is loss or is this loss please help

It's not Loss, it's a take-off of the comic commonly referred to as "Bike Cuck."

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

What a stupid loving comic

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My boomer FIL will explain jokes I tell. To me: the guy who wrote the fuckin’ joke.

Last night I mentioned I wanted to start smoking heavily and gain a bunch of weight to jump the line for vaccinations . He replied, “heavy smokers and people who are obese are at high risk for getting COVID.”

Dude is a doctor.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 25, 2021

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It's not Loss, it's a take-off of the comic commonly referred to as "Bike Cuck."

So the artist then donated all his material possessions to charity and live in a barrel like diogenes? No? huh.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This comic possibly might have had a healthy point as in "There is no chance you will get your bike back ever so just move on with your life. If possible try to get some money from home insurance." but framing the issue so that the bike thief will cycle around happily instead of selling it for drug money is silly.

No matter what the point was the comic should not have been made. That goes for almost all comics ever written.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seems like someone who can afford a new bike got their bike stolen and decided to show how much better of a person they are than someone who cannot afford a new bike

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lobsterminator posted:

This comic possibly might have had a healthy point as in "There is no chance you will get your bike back ever so just move on with your life. If possible try to get some money from home insurance." but framing the issue so that the bike thief will cycle around happily instead of selling it for drug money is silly.

This is why the Fargoth version is superior. The Ring of Healing is an essential survival tool at level 1 in Morrowind and I was more happy to have it than a guy who stands around in town all day not getting injured.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
It’s a revolutionary comic to get people to feel better about eating the rich and their bikes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

nishi koichi posted:

who’s that guy

why’s he doing that

and who’s that guy

which one of them is bob

where are they going

JUST WATCH FUUUUCCKKKK

One of my friends (who comes from China) was kinda like this. Except they always asked (whenever someone new was on screen) 'So, is he gay?' 'Is he gay?'

It gave the whole experience a surrealistically hilarious vibe.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this was how my chinese friend acted before he moved to sf came out of the closet and now he and his husband make a nice couple and poo poo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bob dobbs is dead posted:

this was how my chinese friend acted before he moved to sf came out of the closet and now he and his husband make a nice couple and poo poo

good, making GBS threads is normal.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they got a war goin on w his parents who are huge homophobes tho

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they got a war goin on w his parents who are huge homophobes tho

he should poo poo on them

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Time to start blocking poo poo on my mom's Facebook. of course all the "news" on there is about how Biden is a communist and is putting businesses out of business and the economy was so great before he came to power! Now billions are losing their jobs!

of course she KNOWS she can't get mad at her new coworkers if they make $14 an hour to start and she makes $18 after working there for 13 years, but it's the unfairness of it all. She couldn't say what they SHOULD be paid, only "Less!"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Truly a Millennial Buddha

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

It wasn't until I started watching The Lockpicking Lawyer that I realized most bike locks are utterly useless. When I got my bike out of the garage, it still had the old lock on there and I popped it off with a screwdriver.

Locks are for honest people. I leave my car unlocked because I have two counterfeit hundred dollar bills in the glove box that I'm hoping somebody can make use of. Please don't steal the jumper cables though, those are actually useful.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"Locks are for honest people." is flawed logic. People who steal poo poo are just looking for the path of least resistance most of the time. It's much easier to walk through someone's door than pick a lock or generally stand around doing something that takes time, makes noise, and/or attracts attention. Aside from living in some kind of impregnable fortress you're never 100% protected from break-ins and theft but if you actually use a lock you're reducing the chances your poo poo gets stolen.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CPL593H posted:

"Locks are for honest people." is flawed logic. People who steal poo poo are just looking for the path of least resistance most of the time. It's much easier to walk through someone's door than pick a lock or generally stand around doing something that takes time, makes noise, and/or attracts attention. Aside from living in some kind of impregnable fortress you're never 100% protected from break-ins and theft but if you actually use a lock you're reducing the chances your poo poo gets stolen.

Agreed. It doesn't have to be 100% secure, just not 100% easy. Putting some measure of difficulty in place will deter a large number of thefts. It's also why fake alarms/fake cameras are effective - they present an appearance of difficulty.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So in other words, people are lazy.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

So in other words, people are lazy.

It's more like when someone is committing a crime they don't want to linger around and attract attention or otherwise be seen. It's a lot easier to get away with stealing poo poo when you can just grab it and walk off.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Drunk Nerds posted:

My boomer FIL will explain jokes I tell. To me: the guy who wrote the fuckin’ joke.

Last night I mentioned I wanted to start smoking heavily and gain a bunch of weight to jump the line for vaccinations . He replied, “heavy smokers and people who are obese are at high risk for getting COVID.”

Dude is a doctor.

My old man has literally come in to my room to repeat a joke he heard on Seinfeld. He knows I love the show, he knows I remember a good deal of the episodes, but he still has to come in and repeat the entire scene to set up the punchline.

He also mangles the whole thing, and not just because he's sitting there, laughing as he tells it.

"So then, heh, Costanza comes in, and, ha ha ha..." He always refers to George as "Costanza" no matter what. I know that's the character's last name, but that's what he latches on to, and not his first name like most of the characters and viewers.

Obviously, I don't laugh even though I know the scene.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Bennis :DDD

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CPL593H posted:

yep. you don't have to make your poo poo impossible to steal, you just have to make it less appealing and more time consuming/risky to steal than someone else's. put a $75 U-lock on a $200 bike, and park it next to a $1800 bike secured with the same U-lock, and the only way you're shits ever getting stolen is if someone already pinched the rich guy bike

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A weird derail in the pyf worst book thread comes to mind that as a generation millennials have basically grown up entirely used to grown adults constantly throwing tantrums of entitlement and indignation when they don't get their way, or just want attention or get bored. Liberal boomers are shocked and terrified by someone like Donald Trump, but to millennials he's the average boss.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Boomers love to leave their shed door open and think someone broke into their shed when they see the open door.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A weird derail in the pyf worst book thread comes to mind that as a generation millennials have basically grown up entirely used to grown adults constantly throwing tantrums of entitlement and indignation when they don't get their way, or just want attention or get bored. Liberal boomers are shocked and terrified by someone like Donald Trump, but to millennials he's the average boss.

We had a straight up Ur boomer as our treasurer. Retired and volunteering so all the time in the world to do anything he wanted. He would come into the office every week and waste a few hours ranting about the budgets but always refusing to actually look at them or make any attempt to fix the problem. Eventually we froze him out and he quit. Now we have some odd old guy who's competent and proactive and doesn't care as long as poo poo works. And wow suddenly everything is working and we've gone from almost having to close shop to having so much work we're going to hire more full time staff. In the middle of a pandemic. gently caress you, you boomer shithead gently caress. I nearly lost my job because of your wretched ego driven incompetence.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Outrail posted:

Ur boomer as our treasurer. .

Now we have some odd old guy

So stupid boomer, and less stupid boomer?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Outrail posted:

We had a straight up Ur boomer as our treasurer. Retired and volunteering so all the time in the world to do anything he wanted. He would come into the office every week and waste a few hours ranting about the budgets but always refusing to actually look at them or make any attempt to fix the problem. Eventually we froze him out and he quit. Now we have some odd old guy who's competent and proactive and doesn't care as long as poo poo works. And wow suddenly everything is working and we've gone from almost having to close shop to having so much work we're going to hire more full time staff. In the middle of a pandemic. gently caress you, you boomer shithead gently caress. I nearly lost my job because of your wretched ego driven incompetence.

:lol:

We had a boomer who was in charge of contracts retire last year. We've been getting new contracts in and hiring hand over fist since then, including hiring two people to basically unfuck whatever he was doing for the last 25 years.

Luckily the pandemic happened so we don't have to deal with him showing up and doing the whole "I'm bored and had no life outside of work" show up and bullshit thing that boomers do when they retire

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Meme Poker Party posted:

This is why the Fargoth version is superior. The Ring of Healing is an essential survival tool at level 1 in Morrowind and I was more happy to have it than a guy who stands around in town all day not getting injured.

It is morally correct to steal from Fargoth because he's a disgusting Bosmer and they're worse than animals. Gross little s'wit, just look at him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mad Hamish posted:

It is morally correct to steal from Fargoth because he's a disgusting Bosmer and they're worse than animals. Gross little s'wit, just look at him!
I saw a boomer the other day. Horrible creatures. I avoid them whenever I can.