Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoJSgq6mqc

They're taking the homeboys to Lazertag!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

Judging from the poster they're aware of how weird it is

It's a step up from say, Transformers. What a mess. It's arms are so comparatively short it's T Rex. 25% poncho, 25% feet which one director would appreciate.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oohhboy posted:

It's a step up from say, Transformers. What a mess. It's arms are so comparatively short it's T Rex. 25% poncho, 25% feet which one director would appreciate.

In that poster it's intentionally depicted at an angle that makes it visually difficult to parse, so you see it as a big monster with no focal point and your eye moves down to notice Hathaway looking up at it. But it's really just a normal humanoid robot with a big thing on it

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
The Young Master is easily my favorite Jackie Chan movie. Especially love the beginning scene with the dragon competition thing, the fight where they use benches to battle each other and the end fight where Jackie wins thanks to the magical power of opium bong water.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Talking about lord of the rings I just marathoned all 3 (theatrical cuts)

I've finally achieved something with my life

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Talking about lord of the rings I just marathoned all 3 (theatrical cuts)

I've finally achieved something with my life

Now binge the hobbit trilogy and achieve only pain

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

Now binge the hobbit trilogy

Mods?!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

Now binge the hobbit trilogy and achieve only pain

This is my plan for tomorrow. I'll see how far I can get! I only have half a bottle of whisky left

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The furthest I made it into the Hobbit trilogy was when all the dwarfs came to his house in the first film.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You need to watch The Hobbit first because it happens before Lord of the Rings

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Groovelord Neato posted:

The furthest I made it into the Hobbit trilogy was when all the dwarfs came to his house in the first film.

They put in one fun song to trick you into thinking it's going to be a fun movie. And over the course of the next two hours you slowly die

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That song sucked poo poo and was indicative of the entire series

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The first hobbit movie is very sneaky because it’s not unbearable and the Gollum stuff is cool. It’s a real sucker punch later though when 2 and 3 are just the worst poo poo

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I watched the first one and really felt that there was no need to stick with the series. But I'm also a quitter.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

The first hobbit movie is very sneaky because it’s not unbearable and the Gollum stuff is cool. It’s a real sucker punch later though when 2 and 3 are just the worst poo poo

I have the same feelings. I didn't hate the first one but some point during the 2nd one in the cinema i was just like WTF? i've not even seen the 3rd one. I think i put it on TV once and there was some guy dressed as a women and it was supposed to be funny.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I saw the first one in the theatre, it felt like they were padding the poo poo out of it, I can't imagine how much worse the other two were.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The only good part in Hobbits 1 was the padding, the water slides part... I am pretty it was padding.

That was the only good part in the entire series.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Song was good and then everything after was a mess. The trolls were ok I guess. Stick with the Rankin/Bass version if you absolutely must watch Hobbit, for all its faults it's a much better movie. And it's only a single movie, not a loving trilogy packed with fanfic and doesn't turn short paragraphs from the book into excessively long epic scenes.

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Is there an AA tier of Trek

Aatrek tier is Neelix's relationship with Kes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
was it hobbit 2 or hobbit 3 that had the random go-pro footage in it

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I was very fortunate to experience the first Hobbit on a huge screen in 3D HFR so I never had the chance to be tricked into feeling at all positive

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uh I think the first one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The third one needs to be seen to be believed. From the same director as Two Towers, it’s unbelievable

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
legolas bullet-timing his way up a collapsing cobblestone bridge is amazing and i will not hear otherwise

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It was the second one and they attached it to a barrel going down a river

Can’t blame the man, it’s the greatest shot of blurry rushing water ever put on screen.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

I was very fortunate to experience the first Hobbit on a huge screen in 3D HFR so I never had the chance to be tricked into feeling at all positive

The colour grading on the 3D release managed to make the makeup look hilariously bad.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:ck5:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Frodo (VO): As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a ring bearer.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMMw0rnKz4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They made Extended Editions for the Hobbit films and they are actually worse than the theatrical cuts. As in, they're straight up unfinished in some spots. There's an entire subplot in the 2nd one about Gandalf finding Thorin's father Thrain while he's wandering around the spooky forest castle and they not only hadn't finished some of the CGI, but they also used stock sound effects when Thrain gets killed. You don't give a named character a willhelm scream death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgqIh5F_rqE

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Holy poo poo that stock sound at the end from Thrain :lol:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you know which named character got a wilhelm scream death? Wilhelm.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Psycho Goreman really captures Rich's essence.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
There's a photo of me taken about twenty minutes after seeing the third hobbit film at the cinema and I look extremely dead inside and am surrounded by like 8 family and friends who did not see the film, round for dinner at my parents all happy and smiling and I've got a thousand yard stare looking like I'm about to cry. It wasn't because the movie was bad but that's what everyone thinks.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
started A Futile and Stupid Gesture
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5566790/

does it get less cringy?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
the LOTR tier list is their chronological release.

Fellowship is far and away the best film.
then Two Towers
etc etc
Battle of the Five Armies is the worst.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
stop making god drat lists!

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I've always kind of felt like the third Hobbit was better than the second because at that point it just didn't matter. A bulk of the movie was them just going loving bananas making poo poo up because it was summed up in the book by Bilbo getting whacked in the head and waking up to Gandalf telling him everyone was dead. It leaned into the madness of what they had made and was creating things whole cloth instead of like in Desolation of Smaug where they were taking tons of iconic moments and twisting them into embarrassing fight or action scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

luchajones posted:

stop making god drat lists!

A:
B:
C:
D:
F: your posts