Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This thing was $100 back then iirc and my parents couldn't swing it that year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
my parents only bought me lincoln logs. not even the colored accessory pieces you can use for roofs and such. just logs

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STABASS those sound like your parents just gave you sticks from outside drat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every toy I ever wanted was presented to me on a silver platter by one of our rotating staff of man servants whose names I never bothered to ask.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah I really wanted this too

Also:

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Parents that loved each other.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One of my friend's older brothers had the GI Joe aircraft carrier and to be honest it kinda sucked since the scale was (obviously) all wrong and nothing really seemed to 'work' with it to help recreate firefights or anything, so, like yea it was a hella big toy but it just never really got used for anything. Shame really :(

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Big Beef City posted:

One of my friend's older brothers had the GI Joe aircraft carrier and to be honest it kinda sucked since the scale was (obviously) all wrong and nothing really seemed to 'work' with it to help recreate firefights or anything, so, like yea it was a hella big toy but it just never really got used for anything. Shame really :(

modern nuclear aircraft carriers are extremely complex and require the coordination of thousands of sailors to operate, add to the fact that it would be highly illegal and unethical, if not just simply impractical, to have a children's toy have any real functional overlap with an actual one. cheers op :tipshat:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Get out of my thread, nerd

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
A Sega Genesis. Apparently, having a Super Nintendo was enough.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ELI PORTER posted:

modern nuclear aircraft carriers are extremely complex and require the coordination of thousands of sailors to operate, add to the fact that it would be highly illegal and unethical, if not just simply impractical, to have a children's toy have any real functional overlap with an actual one. cheers op :tipshat:

Oh I hadn't considered that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah I really wanted this too

Also:

Hell ya, this is the gold standard of a thread like this. If I'm legit rich, first thing I will buy is a NIB USS Flagg. I don't care how much they are charging for it.

Related

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I was making lovely stop motion videos with a digital camera and whatever toys I had, and at the same time Lego came out with their Lego Studios sets that had a camera to do stop motion videos. I thought it was so cool!

Never got it and stopped making real life videos. Thanks mom and dad, i could've been the next steven spielberg by now :mad:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Professor Shark posted:

Holy poo poo that rules

I never got the Lego monorail sets and always wanted those real bad

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

my driver’s license

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The big LEGO castle sets. All of em.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The fully transforming megazord that disassembled into the five regular zords. I wanted it so, so bad. But they got me the non-transforming megazord. :negative:

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I was making lovely stop motion videos with a digital camera and whatever toys I had, and at the same time Lego came out with their Lego Studios sets that had a camera to do stop motion videos. I thought it was so cool!

Never got it and stopped making real life videos. Thanks mom and dad, i could've been the next steven spielberg by now :mad:

I got this for Christmas after it came out, and it wasn't too long after Windows XP came out as well which we had on the family computer. The software was straight up incompatible on anything beyond Windows Me. We called Lego to see how to fix it they said there was no fix and the only option was to return it.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
My friend got a super soaker monster xl for his birthday and I achieved peak jealous levels that day. It had two firing nozzles and a fuckin bipod, my parents said it was excessive and while they had a point, intimidation played a major factor in the days of water based warfare.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Pet lion.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

that super soaker with the backpack tank. my dual wielded dollar store water pistols were no match for it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

If I remember right, this friggin' thing was like $500 in the 80s.

Also, I wanted one of these more than anything:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ASenileAnimal posted:

that super soaker with the backpack tank. my dual wielded dollar store water pistols were no match for it.

Oh poo poo I remember this

cnut
May 3, 2016

All of them :q:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The big LEGO castle sets. All of em.

I had this thing and loved it

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The Starbase Command would have been so cool. :sigh:

Starcom was the best.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Snuffman posted:

The Starbase Command would have been so cool. :sigh:

Starcom was the best.

Looks like computer touching

There’s a guy in a computer chair

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Professor Shark posted:

I had this thing and loved it

man I loved the lego dragons :shobon:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The older gray castle sets had hinges in the corners and Technic holy blocks with a peg fastening them together, so you could open them up but also chain them together into a mega castle.

e: Dunno about the yellow castle sets, never had one.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Power Wheels

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

R.I.P. Sears

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Video games

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
These sweet-rear end dual screen Nintendo handheld games. I remember when the kid next door got Donkey Kong and Mario Bros and sometimes let me play them.

I think we did get some of the single screen games like Octopus:

Just not the same. :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ELI PORTER posted:

lol

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
How large would a properly to scale aircraft carrier toy be if it was made to accomodate G.I. Joe dudes?

Also is there a website to look at lego sets from the 90s and stuff. I had so much with with the space and ice planet stuff but gently caress if I know the names anymore.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How large would a properly to scale aircraft carrier toy be if it was made to accomodate G.I. Joe dudes?

For the 3 3/4" figures they made in the 80s,a properly scaled Nimitz-class aircraft carrier would be nearly 60 feet long.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

The fully transforming megazord that disassembled into the five regular zords. I wanted it so, so bad. But they got me the non-transforming megazord. :negative:

I had a fake friend who I pretended to like so I could sneak in to his basement when he wasn't looking so that I could play with the megazord and dragonzord

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/-road-buggies/rc-grasshopper/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Power Wheels.

I had a small Suzuki ATV but why not both?!