Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the title for episode 39 of Healin Good has been revealed:

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1341575204657479680

Seems this series may wind up being a bit shorter than we thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And the Tropical Rouge civilian forms have been revealed:

Anyway, here are the names (listed in Japanese order so Last Name first):

Flamingo: Takizawa Asuka

Mermaid: Laura (or possibly Lola)

Papaya: Ichinose Minori

Summer: Natsumi Manatsu

Coral: Suzumura Sango

Also it seems the series will begin on February 28th, not sure what that means in regards to Healin Good though.

It also appears that Laura is a mermaid and is a separate entity from the fairy.

Interestingly enough, Manatsu/Summer seems to be officially classified as “Rainbow” (which means we may not even have a Pink Cure this time).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 23, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Your region never got Healin Good either right? Well since there are still some fansub groups working on the former it stands to reason someone else will start subbing Tropical Rouge as well.

Oh as sure as there’s air some HorribleSubs type (though not them specifically, they closed shop) will have the version CR has on :filez: sooner than instant but that’s not the problem, it’s a symptom of Toei’s ongoing reluctance to do anything the normal way.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cure Papaya makes me want to loop in the FFXIV Papaya theme in an AMV

Flamingo's civilian design is also pretty great

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I thought her civilian design wouldn't be as good, like with Akira, but I was wrong! They all look like fun characters, I'm excited.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

From the looks of her, I’m guessing Asuka/Flamingo is slightly older than the rest as well. Also considering how much she’s being promoted I’ll be surprised if Laura doesn’t eventually become our midseason Cure.

Also considering how late the series is starting I’m curious what that means for Healin Good (that is, whether the series is getting an extension or if they’ll be airing something else in its place for a little while).

As for the names:

Natsumi Manatsu - Natsumi 夏海 means "summer ocean", Manatsu written in kanji 真夏 means "mid-summer".

Ichinose Minori - Minori written in kanji 実り means "fruit".

Suzumura Sango - Sango written in kanji 珊瑚 means "coral".

Takizawa Asuka - Asuka is a common girl name, but the hiragana can be written in kanji as 飛鳥 meaning "flying bird".

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 23, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also some upcoming Healin Good titles:

(Episode 39) "The Final Battle At Last!? Fly To The Byogen Kingdom!"

(Episode 40) "The Birth of Hinata's Regrets! King Guaiwaru"

(Episode 41) "Crisis in Sukoyaka City! The King's Shadow Draws Near"

(Episode 42) "Nodoka's Choice! The Thing You Want To Protect"

42 doesn’t sound like a last episode to me so maybe the show will be extended after all (especially since Tropical Rouge won’t start until the end of February). This would mean that Healin Good will likely be 45 episodes in total.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 23, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A bunch of new Tropical Rouge images:

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1342425135614025728

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1342431350092046336

At this rate I imagine it won’t be too much longer until the website goes live either.

Looks like all the Cures are wearing rings in their civilian forms as well, which will probably be important somehow.

The first picture also seems to confirm the series will take place in some kind of tropical location (though I pretty much figured that the second we got the logo).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 25, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finally dawned on me why Coral looked familiar to me. It feel very much inspired by Yui's design from Go Princess (and I won't hear othewise!)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Finally dawned on me why Coral looked familiar to me. It feel very much inspired by Yui's design from Go Princess (and I won't hear othewise!)

And Papaya’s Cure form reminds me a lot of Inori from Fresh (though not so much her civilian form). They even have similar human names and are both Cures named after tropical fruit.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 25, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Tropical Rouge website is now fully up if anyone feels like digging for info:

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/tropical-rouge_precure/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently someone has so here’s some info:

Seems that the main villain is called The Witch of Aftermath who wants to steal humans' motivation.

Summer and Coral are of the same age and classmates, Papaya is a year older and Flamingo is two years older.

As an usual trope in main Precures, Summer has recently moved to the town of the series, she seems to be interested in the tropical stuff, her catchphrase seems to be "Tropica".

Coral's family own a cosmetic shop, and she is interested in fashion and make up.

Papaya seems to be the serious one described as usually having a poker face and who likes to read.

Flamingo is the sporty one that acts as a big sister and enjoys cooking.

Laura comes from Grand Ocean, the land of the sirens and also has the same age of Summer. She wants to become the next mermaid queen.

The fairy's name is Kururun.

The series character designer is the same one from Go Princess.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And some more detailed bios:

Cure Summer/Natsumi Manatsu

A first-year junior high school student who is as bright as the everlasting summer sun and full of enthusiasm for everything!

She is the type of person who always says, "Let's do the most important thing right now! She is the type of person whose body always moves before she can think.

On the day she moves from her home island of Minaminojima to Aozora City, she has a shocking encounter with the "mermaid" Laura in the ocean.

She cherishes the lipstick her mother gave her. She always says, "It's tropic! Her lip is her charm.

She transforms into "Cure Summer," whose charm is her lips!

Birthday: August 1st

Favorite things to do: All things Tropicana, school

Cure Coral/Suzumura Sango

A stylish first year junior high school student who loves cute things!

A classmate of Manatsu's, she is kind and caring, and can easily get along with anyone.

Her home is a cosmetic store in town, and she knows a lot about makeup and cosmetics.

She transforms into "Cure Coral," whose charm is her blush!

Birthday: May 9th

Favorite things to do: Collecting cute things, makeup

Cure Papaya/Ichinose Minori

An eighth grader who loves to read and is very knowledgeable!

She is an honor student with the highest grades in the school. She has a poker face and doesn't show her emotions much, but she has a strong sense of self.

She has loved "The Little Mermaid" since she was a child, and knows a lot about mermaid legends and stories.

She transforms into "Cure Papaya," whose charm is her "Eyes"!

Birthday: November 21st

Favorite thing to do: Read books

Cure Flamingo/Takizawa Asuka

A third-year junior high school student with excellent athletic skills and a strong sense of justice.

At first glance, she seems cool and unapproachable, but she is the type of older sister who takes good care of her younger students.

In fact, she has a surprising side to her, being good at playing cute animal games and cooking.

She transforms into "Cure Flamingo," whose charm is her hair!

Birthday: October 15th

Favorite things to do: Physical exercise, cooking

Laura

A mermaid girl from the land of mermaids, Grand Ocean!

She is the same age as Manatsu and Sango, and is a careless and confident person who honestly says whatever is on her mind.

In order to fulfill her dream of becoming the next Queen of Grand Ocean, she has come to search for the "Legendary Warrior Precure”

She comes to live on Earth with Manatsu and the others as a support for the Pretty Cure.

Favorite thing to do: Singing

Kururun

A sea elf from the Grand Ocean. She is the pet of the Mermaid Queen.

Always at her own pace. Her cry is "Kururun~!

Favorite thing: Seashell cookies

The creative team is more interesting this year than in past years. The director is notable for doing some of Smile's more wackier episodes (he directed the episode with Miyuki's infamous face for one), and the writer is a big name in anime. He was the series comp writer for the Devil is a part-timer, Re:Zero, and Free among other things. We're in for a wild time!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Staff:

Series Director: Tsuchida Yutaka (Pretty Cure All Stars: Minna de Utau♪ Kiseki no Mahou!, KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode: Paritto! Omoide no Mille-feuille!)

Series Composition: Masahiro Yokotani (no Precure credits, but he worked on the series composition of Free!, Jewelpet Magical Change, All Out!!, Bakumatsu, Beelzebub, Bunsou Shinki, Bunny Girl sempai, Shimoneta,...)

Character Designer: Nakatani Yukiko (Go! Princess Pretty Cure)

Music: Terada Shiho (Healin' Good Pretty Cure)

And the general plot:

I'm Manatsu Natsumi!

I'm a first year junior high school student starting spring at a junior high school in the city!

​The day I moved from my home island, I had a secret encounter at the beach.

The girl's name is Laura, and she's actually... a mermaid!

​Grand Ocean, the land of mermaids, is located under the sea.

Grand Ocean, the land of mermaids, has lost its motivational power to a witch who lives at the bottom of the dark sea.

Everyone has lost their motivation.

If the motivational power of humans is also taken away, the world will be in trouble...!

​That's why Laura came to Earth alone to look for the Legendary Warrior, Precure.

​But then, a servant of a witch appears on the earth.

She's in big trouble!

​"My most important thing right now! That is...!

She's got a tropical makeover, and she's ready to go!

She transforms into the legendary warrior Pretty Cure "Cure Summer"!

​It's time to be a Pretty Cure, to be in school, to be in a club!

Let's get tropical together!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ah, probably should have expected an Ursula equivalent if we're doing mermaids. Nice to see the HG composer is being used again, he's done great work.

I will say though, I hope we see more of the main villain this time after the last two seasons.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 26, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Ah, probably should have expected an Ursula equivalent if we're doing mermaids. Nice to see the HG composer is being used again, he's done great work.

I will say though, I hope we see more of the main villain this time after the last two seasons.

Also unless you want to count Darknest (who was hidden by armor and a voice modifier for 90% of Star Twinkle), I believe this is our first female main villain since Dyspear back in Go Princess.

I also like the fact that Asuka/Cure Flamingo is almost literally Sailor Jupiter in terms of characterization.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 26, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the director was behind some of the more silly Maho girls episodes and the Crossover musical movie which is also very good and silly I think we may end up with a season that is close to Smile in tone

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given the director was behind some of the more silly Maho girls episodes and the Crossover musical movie which is also very good and silly I think we may end up with a season that is close to Smile in tone

Which is great in my opinion (I like the more lighthearted seasons and it’d make sense to do something light after everything this past year). Hopefully we’ll get Smile-quality villains in that case as well.

There’s an interview with the producer on the website that describes Summer as “a White Cure with tropical colors” as well, of course it’s kind of moot since she’s likely going to be lumped in with the Pinks anyway ala Cure Black but I appreciate them experimenting a little at least.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 26, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

She's Bibury and Ciel's daughter and I will not hear otherwise!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

This sounds dope as hell, it feels like it's been awhile since we've had a dumb fun season. Could probably use it too. Cast sounds pretty cool as well, and Flamingo even has the same birthday as me, so that makes it even easier to say who my favorite character will probably be. Especially with the Jupiter vibes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And more:

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1342628568665210882

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1342627306792108032

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1342627831646306304

https://twitter.com/KyuaGuardians/status/1342627095546114049

The main villain is apparently referred to as a “witch of procrastination”, which gives further credence to this being a much more lighthearted series in general (though it does make a good contrast to the heroines being driven by motivation).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 26, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be real upset when Cure Papaya's transformation theme isn't this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dTnavUMnk&t=62s

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And back to the current show...

Healin Good 38: So that's how Chiyu's plotline was resolved. She's not giving up on track and field, nor is she stopping working at the inn. She's going to give it 100% and do both. I like how both episodes of SHT at the start and end of the block focused on the track and field girls, before leading into the start of the endgame.

This is likely going to be one of the longest final arcs in Precure history (Tropical Rouge starts February 28th so it would stand to reason that Healin Good would be around 45 episodes in total).

Also reminder there’s no episode next week due to the usual New Year’s break.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I guess Rhythm is a Purple Cure now for some reason:

This is apparently from a new line of children’s apparel and there’s also others showing the Pink, Blue, Yellow, and Red/Green Cures (though for some reason the Futari Wa/Max Heart and Splash Star girls are excluded from these).

The clothes themselves for reference:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 29, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Miracle Leap is apparently available for streaming now on Iqiyi. Not sure if it’s region locked and I believe only Chinese subtitles are available but I’ve been told it’s one of the better crossover movies in recent years.

The DVD will officially be out next month so I imagine it won’t be too much longer until English subs are available at this point.

Speaking of which, here’s a clip someone uploaded of the final battle showing off Grace’s movie form (it’s not subbed in English but heavy spoilers regardless):

https://www.reddit.com/r/precure/comments/kq6lgm/precure_miracle_leap_final_battle/

Also apparently Urara from Yes 5 and for some reason Hibiki’s mom from Suite make cameos in this movie at one point

Edit: The Iqiyi version is indeed region locked but you can find an alternate one in the comments section of this Twitter post (no subs of course):

https://twitter.com/precuredolphin/status/1346092678069456896

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 5, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A group called Cure Touch has subbed Miracle Leap, not sure if they have a website but you can find it on GoGoAnime or via torrent on a site called Anime Tosho as well as Nyaa.

Also apparentlythere’s been a surge of coronavirus cases in Japan recently and they declared a State of Emergency for Tokyo and a few other prefectures on Thursday. Whether this is going to result in another hiatus remains to be seen but just a heads up.

That would kind of put Precure in an awkward position honestly considering Healin Good still had a few episodes left to go and Tropical Rouge isn’t supposed to start until the end of February but we’ll see how it goes I guess.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 8, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Miracle Leap was good for the most part but it’s basically Nodoka: The Movie (Hugtto, Star Twinkle, and even Chiyu and Hinata don’t really play that big a role in the story for whatever reason).

Anyway...

Healin Good 39: That was an interesting episode. The Cures take the fight to the final boss himself, because Guaiwaru seemingly accidentally left the a portal open. Only it's looking like it might not have been accidental. They seemingly blasted the King, but that face at the end of the episode suggests something's up. King Guaiwaru!

Also they never did tell us who voiced King Byogen (much like how they hid Darknest’s VA for a good while last season), just saying.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 10, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Nearly finished CCS and its been a journey. Sometimes things been slow going (the skiing episode right after the pool one was a bit groan inducing and the first time I got annoyed at Shaoran's inability to spill his guts) but with the Sakura puppy love put to rest were just about done (clear card comes later)

Also started HeartCatch. I've only had Erika for five episodes but if something happened to her...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Nearly finished CCS and its been a journey. Sometimes things been slow going (the skiing episode right after the pool one was a bit groan inducing and the first time I got annoyed at Shaoran's inability to spill his guts) but with the Sakura puppy love put to rest were just about done (clear card comes later)

Also started HeartCatch. I've only had Erika for five episodes but if something happened to her...

Don’t forget about the CCS movies as they’re both canon to the series. Are you planning to move on to Clear Card once you’re done?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Don’t forget about the CCS movies as they’re both canon to the series. Are you planning to move on to Clear Card once you’re done?
I'm gonna watch movie 2 as thats directly a sequal but movie 1 is a shonen jump filler movie so i'm not cut up by ignoring it.

Clear card's on the docket but not for a bit. l need a breather after 70 straight days of hoe.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 12, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm gonna watch movie 2 as thats directly a sequal but movie one is a shonen jump filler movie.

Clear card's on the docket but not for a bit. l need a breather after 70 straight days of hoe.

Makes sense.

Just a note though, the Clear Card anime kind of stops abruptly and I’m not sure if CLAMP has any plans of ever reviving it. The manga’s still going though and I think about 48 chapters have been translated so far. If you’re coming at it from the anime I believe you’d be safe to start around Chapter 22 or so.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 12, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Finished CSS and, ok, I think the Sakura card arc felt a bit ‘extra’, if that makes any sense, like the end was intended to be with Sakura becoming the cards' master but someone at Kodansha really wanted it to continue because it got popular.

In particular I got really sick of Eriol’s nonsense by the time we got close to endgame.

That said, getting time for everyone to decompress was appreciated.

So, yeah, that was CSS bar the movie.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 15, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 15, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawn of the First Day: 5 Episodes Remain.

Healin Good 40: Today’s episode features an intense fight against King Guaiwaru in hell the Byogen Kingdom, which involved Hinata accidentally creating a return portal to Earth. But it may be too late. Because the entire town's infected, which is one hell of a cliffhanger to leave off on.

Also judging by the preview it seems like King Byogen ain’t done just yet

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 17, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also fun fact: I just recently learned that Miss Shitataare from Splash Star’s name is apparently actually supposed to be “Mizushitataare” (“mizu” of course meaning “water”), which honestly makes more sense to me given her whole motif.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Thanks to Magical Cinnamon’s latest video, we have a better look at King Byogen’s true form:

Welp, they have been hiding the King’s voice actor just like they did with Darknest last season so him being a corrupted Healing Animal and/or Latte’s father would be a pretty good reason for doing so.

We also have a summary for episode 42, can anyone translate?

Edit: Ep 42 summary:

King Byogen has been revived, and he's chasing Daruizen around and back to the Byogen Kingdom. Daruizen seeks help from the Cures but Grace refuses. Nodoka later regrets the decision but Rabirin tells her she did nothing wrong. With nowhere to run, Daruizen has no other choice but to evolve.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 22, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also more people need to watch Healin Good, it’s been getting pretty decent as we close in on the end.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Last 2 weeks have been channeling more action part of fights which is always good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

With only 4 episodes left now I can’t imagine it’ll be too much longer now until we get our first Tropical Rouge preview (or at least a cast list).

Also it seems that King Byogen is voiced by Hozumi Goda

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
King Byo-Gen seems to be a bird