Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fit em all up in there posted:

Did I miss anything good in SAO this week

Did anyone have a Super Mega Win

Vassago appeared to have died, but then his body vanished. Gabe is actually dead however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rhonne posted:

So where is Alice now? I know they got her out and everything, but where did her...mind? go?

Next two episodes are mostly about Alice. But She's right now in a fluctlight cube in a suitcase.

Keep in mind Kirito and Asuna are only going to be in Underworld for like 20-30 minutes of Real World time.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

JT Jag posted:

Tokyo Ghoul was *way* more boring

yeah, but like: did Tokyo Ghoul have anime cyber-hitler? did Tokyo Ghoul have some kind of chronic uncertainty about cyber-hitler being a bad guy or a good guy? did Tokyo Ghould have AIDS? did it have characters stop what they were doing every 15 minutes to suck off the main character? did it have tentacle rape? because SAO has had all of those things.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

yeah, but like: did Tokyo Ghoul have anime cyber-hitler? did Tokyo Ghoul have some kind of chronic uncertainty about cyber-hitler being a bad guy or a good guy? did Tokyo Ghould have AIDS? did it have characters stop what they were doing every 15 minutes to suck off the main character? did it have tentacle rape? because SAO has had all of those things.

The main character turned into a Dragon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Argus Zant posted:

you're just describing all the poo poo that makes this show hilarious

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

wait the RoboCop guy was KAYABA?

FROM SEASON ONE?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Argus Zant posted:

You're not really proving your point that Tokyo Ghoul is a better show by it not having those things, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm the guy who made the loving Sword AIDS Online video and having AIDS in it isn't actually a negative. Really it's just kind of funny at most.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Argus Zant posted:

Replace "cyber" with flesh eating crybaby and it'll have about half.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Argus Zant posted:

Two years worth of dumb bullshit made a thumping noise as it flowed out of this dumb show

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

I'm the guy who made the loving Sword AIDS Online video and having AIDS in it isn't actually a negative. Really it's just kind of funny at most.

It's less bad and more "Lol this show legitimately thinks it has the pathos to pull this off"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

A leader rose, and his name was The Wizard King Raffles the 1st

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

wait the RoboCop guy was KAYABA?

FROM SEASON ONE?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know why anyone's surprised honestly, it's been a known thing that Kayaba uploaded his brain into the internet upon his death and his cyber-ghost rear end has popped up numerous times post-death. It's only natural that he'd show up here, especially in the series that's all about questioning the nature of digital souls and poo poo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fire Pope is probably evil guys

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i just have an extremely different tolerance for dumb poo poo vs finding dumb poo poo funny. SAO has an extraordinary lack of self-awareness for how garbage it is that pisses me off far more than it ever entertains me, hence why I stopped watching it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Arthur is a genius. :allears:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"What's Pi?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Arthur is a dumbass. :allears:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

of course this is how Arthur knows what pi is

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Arthur owns.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

If i can't eat Pie then i don't wanna meet the guy :colbert:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Arthur "Idiot Savant" Knightguy

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
sir cumference

I love this dumbass show

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SIR CUMFERENCE

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"Sir Cumference" is some good stuff.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Why does Arthur know pi? Because of Sir Cumference

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ah yes, Sir Cumference and his trusty steed, Pi

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'm pretty sure that Sir Cumference sat next to Sir Roses of the Liver and the Duke of Worchestershistershire at the Round Table; possibly across from Duke Wellington

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Argus Zant posted:

i just have an extremely different tolerance for dumb poo poo vs finding dumb poo poo funny. SAO has an extraordinary lack of self-awareness for how garbage it is that pisses me off far more than it ever entertains me, hence why I stopped watching it

See, I'm the opposite, where I live for that dumb bullshit, but there's a bunch of mediocre "vanilla isekai" bullshit I have to wade through first that I just don't think it's worth it. I want more, and for it to be more constant, instead of five episodes that are Black Clover with even less interesting designs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

I could not disagree more.

Earnestness is almost a requirement for a show to be funny and dumb.

Shows that try to be "lol isn't this so dumb" are just stupid and bad.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

TwoPair posted:

I don't know why anyone's surprised honestly, it's been a known thing that Kayaba uploaded his brain into the internet upon his death and his cyber-ghost rear end has popped up numerous times post-death. It's only natural that he'd show up here, especially in the series that's all about questioning the nature of digital souls and poo poo.

Because his heroic self sacrifice is suppose to change the fact he got 1000s of people killed? And the show is treating it like he's earned it? Also he's a robot and he walks down the Microwave hallway from MGS4

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I had a Sir Cumference in my DnD game as name of a joke knight, he was the court Mathematician

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Juggernaut no!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Welp, that's a series wrap on Juggernaut, boys

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh no big guy

e: lol nm

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

wait, what

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tis only a flesh wound

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What the gently caress is Juggernaut!?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014