Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

If the Jays could trade for Taillon, I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

I was hoping they would trade for Musgrove and give up Manoah. Alas.

(I don’t see Taillon fetching a significant return given injury concerns)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1353172417150115846

Nice

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Who exactly will the pirates field this year? PFC and his 8 friends?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Clint Frazier maybe

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Mustached Demon posted:

actually good player Ke'Bryan Hayes and...uh...colin moran...uh...sadness?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
i want the pirates to have the 9 worst people in the MLB at their given positions on the field

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1353206999723470848?s=20

I really thought he stopped playing years ago

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Yankees end up getting Taillon their 2 and 3 starters will have combined for 1 inning last year LOL

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Hayes is a legit star in the making but with no lineup protection I am worried about how much he can show this year.

(Do not show me studies indicating that lineup protection is a myth, they are bullshit)

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I had no clue Delmon Dogg was still playing and apparently ABL's finest hitter? What the heck.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If the Pirates deal Taillon, and maybe Kuhl and Brault, I gotta wonder who is gonna pitch all these innings.

This might be a historically bad rotation.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Chris Stratton throwing 200 relief innings

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/DannyVietti/status/1353132536910680065?s=19

:thunk:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I had no idea that Australia had a league or that Delmon Dogg was a superstar down there. Apparently he’s been playing in Mexico and Australia ever since he got dropped from the Orioles.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 24, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean, neither of them have won a playoff game so that checks out.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Orioles tried to get Trey Mancini to agree to a one year deal with deferred money to avoid arbitration. Also Anthony Santander. The hell?

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1353121451633758209?s=21

The hell? indeed. Mancini and Santandar aren’t “star players” :v:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jmackeypg/status/1353394289397518337?s=21

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1353396584822829058

Random name generators are fun

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 24, 2021

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

if almost any other organization traded taillon given his injury history, i'd suspect they know something serious about his health and are trying to cash in at a nonzero price. but given it's the pirates...things are unclear.

great move by the yankees assuming they didn't give up too much. crazy rotation.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Yajure is probably the best of the bunch, and he projects as a back end of the rotation guy, so great trade for the Yankees.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh gently caress yes, I am always gonna be rooting for Taillon anyway, so getting to do it while he's on the Yankees is really just a win-win for me.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScottyMitchTSN/status/1352630861338968067

I dunno what this means, but YES and hahahaa

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
normally when you talk about a race to go 0-60 it's motorsport not the Pirates and the Cubs

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

NL Central looking like a farm system for the rest of MLB. You could make a decent team from players they traded away or nontendered this offseason.

Yu Darvish
Joe Musgrove
Jameson Taillon

Raisel Iglesias
Archie Bradley

Josh Bell
Kyle Schwarber
Kolten Wong

With Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, Kris Bryant, Eugenio Suarez, etc on deck?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kyle Hendricks going away would make me so mad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Yankees now have 4 starters they are seemingly relying on who didn't pitch last year.......

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
They didn't appear to give up much for him so gently caress it, looks fine to me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

They didn't appear to give up much for him so gently caress it, looks fine to me

Not saying it's a bad trade at all. Just that the range of outcomes for Yankee starters next year seems super wide.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

They seem to have built a strategy of hiring good players with injury troubles on the theory that some of them will work out. Guys on the IL don't count against the luxury tax, so it's a pretty clever workaround.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

I'm cheering for trades.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1353402002374594560

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also any team that trades for Hendricks is officially on my poo poo list.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chamale posted:

They seem to have built a strategy of hiring good players with injury troubles on the theory that some of them will work out. Guys on the IL don't count against the luxury tax, so it's a pretty clever workaround.

This has worked pretty well with position players and pretty awfully with pitchers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Yankee rotation plan this winter has very much sounded like "get as many arms as possible and find the starts."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

The Yankee rotation plan this winter has very much sounded like "get as many arms as possible and find the starts."

It might make sense to move some of these guys that are viewed as starters now in the pen like German or Garcia.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I wouldn’t complain about a sure thing beyond Cole, but unless Cashman can make other GMs forget Gleyber exists so they too can get top tier pitchers for nothing, this strat is probably the best they’ve got.

Beyond, you know, just using the vast financial resources they have as the most valuable franchise in baseball to actually try to build the best team they can.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Canaan Smith is interesting. I do like the emphasis Cherington is putting on athleticism.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees now have 4 starters they are seemingly relying on who didn't pitch last year.......

https://twitter.com/BrendanKutyNJ/status/1353405123075178496

Seems risky.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Odd

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1353425537092390912?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Abreu and Garcia are clearly in the mix. The Yankees really like Montgomery. Then there's guys like Loaisiga and King. Its gonna be Cole and then whoever is healthy.

If you can move some of those lower guys for a reliable, strong starter then yeah, do it. But I gotta assume when someone says a pitcher was "more expensive" they're talking Gleyber.