Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Klowner posted:

Wait aren't we supposed to have a new thread for the new year?

I take this back, I forgot that thread master tars tarkas has life stuff going on. and that's way more important than some stupid thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

There's no point in making a new thread because none of the 2020 movies came out. Just change the thread title to Nobody Greenlightninged 2020 Part 2: Back in the Habit and then make a new thread in like 2023 or whenever.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Who Greenknighted 20A24 ?????

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Who Greenknighted 2020? Nobody, that's who!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a dumb troll anyway. The most anticipated release in the immediate future is Wandavision for gently caress's sake.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

It's a dumb troll anyway. The most anticipated release in the immediate future is Wandavision for gently caress's sake.

But Godzilla v Kong just dropped it's trailer today and is finally coming out March 26th

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Release The Green Knight A24 you cowards!!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Three episodes are out already, in case you need to know.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Godzilla vs Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odM92ap8_c0

Whoever does these trailers can really make me hype and get amped up excited.

I just hope this one fulfils promise and it's excellent.

This is, like, a painting...

Gatts fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 24, 2021

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is that trailer by the goon kiimo?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Is that trailer by the goon kiimo?

I think it’s probably from the guy kiimo always said Warners gave their big, big movies to for trailer work when he was working there.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
That trailer was great

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The music transition is incredibly stupid but also cool as hell.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee posted:

do you ever smell things coming up the exhalation vent or are my filters too old

I inhaled deeply over both garbage and bleach and didn't smell a thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pirate Jet posted:

My money’s onnnnn... Guy Mann.

Allmyfrench78 apparently

Prowler
May 24, 2004

My enjoyment of movies where there is a massive, walking disaster against which normal military intervention doesn't work is based on how much focus is kept on the human leads (and how annoying they are). Surprise, I don't give a poo poo whether or not the father-son strained relationship is resolved symbolically at the end! I want to see the giant fuckin' monsters.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prowler posted:

My enjoyment of movies where there is a massive, walking disaster against which normal military intervention doesn't work is based on how much focus is kept on the human leads (and how annoying they are). Surprise, I don't give a poo poo whether or not the father-son strained relationship is resolved symbolically at the end! I want to see the giant fuckin' monsters.

Yeah but I really wanted Bryan cranston to yell about monsters like a maniac for the entire run time. god what were they thinking wasting him like that. You have to imagine the director/producer watching cranston's monologue, then looking at the screenplay and going *arrested development voice* "I've made a huge mistake."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Hindsight is 2020: Watching Movies with the Screen Behind Us

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Klowner posted:

Yeah but I really wanted Bryan cranston to yell about monsters like a maniac for the entire run time. god what were they thinking wasting him like that. You have to imagine the director/producer watching cranston's monologue, then looking at the screenplay and going *arrested development voice* "I've made a huge mistake."

At we least we get the alternate universe Quicksilver-Scarlet Witch incest we were denied.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Klowner posted:

Yeah but I really wanted Bryan cranston to yell about monsters like a maniac for the entire run time.

But like what would he do? As a character what is his role in the story? He’d be doing the same thing Johnson does, wouldn’t have any raving to do because the monsters are already here, no big monologues, etc.

It’s a film about people running around in the footsteps of giants. That’s the whole thing.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I honestly kinda like how the main character was just a boring, simple do-gooder, especially looking back after all these years of quippy heroes. I don't remember his name, a single word he said, or a facial expression he makes. But I do remember that he saved that random kid, which makes me think "good for him!", and that's more than enough when you have Godzilla acting as the deuteragonist.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pigbuster posted:

I honestly kinda like how the main character was just a boring, simple do-gooder, especially looking back after all these years of quippy heroes. I don't remember his name, a single word he said, or a facial expression he makes. But I do remember that he saved that random kid, which makes me think "good for him!", and that's more than enough when you have Godzilla acting as the deuteragonist.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen played a married couple in Godzilla, which is funny because they had just been introduced as brother and sister in the Marvel films. That's what I remember most from those two in the film.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pigbuster posted:

Yeah one of the things that stuck with me is that there's a whole fatherhood theme but it's not all about his family- he isn't looking after them at everyone else's expense. It's a mature take on the theme, coupled with the realization there are bigger things going on.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Codependent Poster posted:

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen played a married couple in Godzilla, which is funny because they had just been introduced as brother and sister in the Marvel films. That's what I remember most from those two in the film.

Godzilla came out a year earlier actually

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah one of the things that stuck with me is that there's a whole fatherhood theme but it's not all about his family- he isn't looking after them at everyone else's expense. It's a mature take on the theme, coupled with the realization there are bigger things going on.

Yeah, there's meant to be a parallel going on between him and Godzilla- and contrast with the MUTOs, a literal nuclear family willing to destroy everything else for their own prosperity. The symbolism gets pretty on the nose at times.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

Godzilla came out a year earlier actually

They were first in Winter Soldier!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Prowler posted:

My enjoyment of movies where there is a massive, walking disaster against which normal military intervention doesn't work is based on how much focus is kept on the human leads (and how annoying they are).
Shin Godzilla threads the needle nicely

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The incredibly complicated time-wasting bureaucracy is honestly the best part of Shin.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

One of my favourite things was watching the name of the anti Godzilla task force becoming longer and longer throughout the show

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

As a public servant, Shin Godzilla was an amazing power fantasy.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/eatinginmycar/status/1353491988734226434?s=19

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Practical effects are back, baby

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I liked Generic Brown-haired White Army Guy in Godzilla 14, dude didn't have zany charisma like Cranston but he gave off powerful cool older brother energy, it was chill and refreshing contrasted with the violence around him. Cranston kramering around as the scientist portending doom would have gotten kinda old by the 90-minute mark.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/thr/status/1353746671914676226?s=21
you can keep it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Everyone needs to stop giving that transphobic human poo poo stain Rowling money.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JUST MAKE A NEW IP HOLY gently caress WHO CARES ANYMORE

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Should just do a US version of Worst Witch.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

JUST MAKE A NEW IP HOLY gently caress WHO CARES ANYMORE

Seriously, it's not like "wizards, but in a boarding school" is some incredible novel concept Rowling invented from whole cloth and holds a monopoly. gently caress it, just make a new one, it even allows you to leave out all the TERFy neoliberalism and twee Britishisms that American kids merely tolerate more than enjoy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
sources tell of "a new book" discovered by HBO Max to be adapted that will appeal to libs and not be transphobic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I will only be interested in new Harry Potter media if it's about the house elves developing a Shaw Brothers-esque flying guillotine and every episode is just 45 minutes of racist wizards being decapitated by hats on chains.