Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Everyone is ignoring the true secret reveal: King Kong is actually Mechani-Kong. This means Gorosaurus will also be appearing in this film.

Edit: I like how all the youtube comments are just "Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why."

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Read that as "Legends will cuddle" and got real concerned.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I want the Mechagodzilla reveal to be a modern shot by shot remake from the original G vs MG

I just want the theme song.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

after KOTM I have zero expectations for this but some of those shots of them fighting in the neon cyberpunk city are pretty cool

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Please let him be an alien.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Nikumatic posted:

Yeah, I just paused that and noticed the various references to APEX; apparently this account has been a thing for a while.

This was way back last year, Apex posted some cryptic Morse code that translated to:
https://twitter.com/jnjsdd/status/1268314764452802562?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who's on soundtrack duty this time? Is it still Bear?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Who's on soundtrack duty this time? Is it still Bear?

JunkieXL

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ah okay then. Hoping it's more 300 Rise of an Empire or Fury Road than Batman V Superman. JunkieXL can be a toss up.

Still hope they keep the Ifukube track for Big G and the mothra song.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Gripweed posted:

Please let him be an alien.
That or humans grafted the remaining Ghidorah head to the dead Goji from G14 with a boat load of cybernetics.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

robot roll call posted:

after KOTM I have zero expectations for this but some of those shots of them fighting in the neon cyberpunk city are pretty cool

That's Hong Kong

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"King". It's spelled King Kong.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I hope Godzilla isn't portrayed as a big dumb animal especially since G'14 and KotM established Godzilla as intelligent. Or so I thought. That's one way to avoid Kong stealing the show and having more interesting methods of combat (i.e. battle axe)

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I hope they do some goofy poo poo that ties the two names together. Like "Hong Kong is named that because they found the original Kong there" or something.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mantis42 posted:

"King". It's spelled King Kong.

This legit made me laugh.

Also trailer was great. Loved the hip-hop drop when Kong decked Big G. I hope Kong's theme in the film is hip-hop centric. JunkieXL pls. [edit] Expounding on this, the use of a hip-hop track in the trailer made it feel like a Fast and Furious movie—if GvK is anything like a F&F movie, I will love it.

[edit] Also, wow the cast is good. I just hope the human element doesn't suck the life out of the movie like it did in KOTM.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 24, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I hope Godzilla isn't portrayed as a big dumb animal especially since G'14 and KotM established Godzilla as intelligent. Or so I thought. That's one way to avoid Kong stealing the show and having more interesting methods of combat (i.e. battle axe)

I’m getting the impression that Godzilla is under some sort of control that is causing him to act violent against humans.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’m getting the impression that Godzilla is under some sort of control that is causing him to act violent against humans.

I can’t imagine them retreading on what KOTM already did.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MazelTovCocktail posted:

If they wuss out and don't make it that it's aliens. Then what's going on is that it's a Mechagodzilla disguised as Godzilla operated by a human group like the people who were trying to free King Ghidorah or whatever in the previous movie. To, like, turn people against their new kaiju overlords, or get King Kong to Hong Kong for some reason, or just for excitement.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just remembered that MechaG in the old 70s movie was disguised as Big G, so lmao if they use that story beat. I hope they do tbh. It'd be amazing, especially if we get a similar MechaG reveal with the same sort of music lol.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I want the Mechagodzilla reveal to be a modern shot by shot remake from the original G vs MG

Love that music

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just looked up the clip on YT, and yes, the music is as awesome as I remember it. Lmao. God I hope that makes it into the movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm fairly confident the Godzilla shots at night in Tokyo(?) are actually Mechagodzilla. The weird robotic spike glows and against Kong are giving it away, I think. That shot of Kong landing an axe hit on Z's face I think will actually be the mechanical reveal. There's a shot from behind the axe of Kong facing actual godzilla on what I'm guessing is the aftermatch of the Mecha encounter.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm fairly confident the Godzilla shots at night in Tokyo(?) are actually Mechagodzilla. The weird robotic spike glows and against Kong are giving it away, I think. That shot of Kong landing an axe hit on Z's face I think will actually be the mechanical reveal. There's a shot from behind the axe of Kong facing actual godzilla on what I'm guessing is the aftermatch of the Mecha encounter.

stratdax posted:

That's Hong Kong

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I don't know, I kind of hope it's not just Mechagodzilla in the suit, at least not for the majority of the film. If all the Kong v Godzilla battles are really Kong v Mechagodzilla until the end when the real Godzilla shows up it will be hard for that to not feel like a cop-out.

After all in the 74 film the fake Godzilla stuff is really cool, but they wisely keep it to about ten minutes until we find out what the deal is. Not sure a bait and switch will work so well if it's for the majority of the film.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I feel like my expectations are properly calibrated for this viewing experience. After KotM where I massively overhyped myself into thinking I was gonna get a Great Movie, this looks entertaining.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am hype. The trailer boys for this and the last one really do a good job of amping me up. I hope this does a better job than the last though I didn't mind the last one.

I hope the next one is something more like Godzilla 2014 that can have more gravitas because 2014 is still the best.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I imagine that if they’re doing the mechaG in a godzilla suit beat then it’s not gonna be that the real godzilla only shows up in the end, but that it’s a mix of kong fighting real and mecha-G over the film until they realize what’s going on

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I'm extremely happy to see Godzilla razing cities and refineries again.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

This was way back last year, Apex posted some cryptic Morse code that translated to:
https://twitter.com/jnjsdd/status/1268314764452802562?s=20

Between this and Ghidorah being an alien in the last movie probably means things are going to get wacky.

I prefer the somber tone of G14 but if you’re going to get crazy then go full crazy.

Edit: I mean there’s hollow earth looking stuff in this and aliens are already canon.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Tekne posted:

Beautiful. Hoping this is the movie we hoped KOTM was going to be.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Everyone is ignoring the true secret reveal: King Kong is actually Mechani-Kong. This means Gorosaurus will also be appearing in this film.

Edit: I like how all the youtube comments are just "Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why."

Imagine seeing Dr. Who's horrible snaggleteeth on an IMAX screen. Just imagine.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It just dawned upon me in that one shot from the trailer I might get my wish.

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1353446151425409025?s=20

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I fully believe Godzilla is not being controlled what so ever

If you look at the map, all of the areas Godzilla attacks are APEX related.

it seems like, if you read between the lines and ignore what the trailer is trying to SAY what the movie is about, the actual story is that APEX is doing something lovely, Godzilla is working on stopping them, and APEX goes to get Kong to try and save themselves because none of the other kaiju could stand against Godzilla nor would want to.

This is entirely consistent with how Godzilla has been shown to be in Legendary- he won't go out of his way to do harm, but if he thinks something needs to be done, he will do it. Its also why they have to bring Kong TO Godzilla- Godzilla doesn't give a poo poo about Kong. He has no reason to fight him and no reason to kill him.

Kong has every reason in the world to hate Godzilla considering his species were apparently forced onto the island by Godzilla, but Godzilla has no beef with him. The main thrust is going to be getting Kong to recognize this, let go of the past, and ally against a greater threat

Which, I think we all know what that is

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
What is the 03 second thing? I can't see well enough to tell.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
DESTROYAH! Right? The ultimate foe to align against?

Xguard86 posted:

I think Mechagodzilla

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Burkion posted:

Kong has every reason in the world to hate Godzilla considering his species were apparently forced onto the island by Godzilla, but Godzilla has no beef with him. The main thrust is going to be getting Kong to recognize this, let go of the past, and ally against a greater threat

Which, I think we all know what that is

Doctor Jackstraw The Abnormal Drug Trafficker

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Xguard86 posted:

MechaGodzilla

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was thinking too that Godzilla and Kong will unite. Funny when I asked my young son who would win, he said “Godzilla and King Kong.” Honestly, I think he might just be right. I mean both Kong and Godzilla have been faces and it would be weird to do the heel turn on Godzilla, at least after the first two movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Tekne posted:

Godzilla's razing cyberpunk now. Refineries are way too 70 and 80's and cities are too late-90's and 00's.