Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

A couple months old, but this tweet from a football reporter just resurfaced in a FF thread.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1299189117952065537?s=19

my appreciation for the bill of rights is greater because it makes us look even worse because we have twelve amendment before the one freeing slaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What a phenomenal self own.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Data Graham posted:

I'm never going to mellow out enough with age that I won't get absolutely diabolically pissed off at using "We the People" as a direct object of the sentence.

YOU DO NOT GIVE POWER TO "WE"

YOU GIVE IT TO "US"

DO YOU NOT GET HOW ENGLISH WORKS AAAAAA

The hoi polloi people talk like this.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

OP is the idiot here, but I'm including the reply for some context since I know most of y'all aren't breathlessly following debates about machine learning.

https://twitter.com/grazzidad/status/1353206924964200449

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the comic where someone's just like "I'll have a computer deal with the trolley problem and thus absolve myself of all moral responsibility."

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Skwirl posted:

What's the comic where someone's just like "I'll have a computer deal with the trolley problem and thus absolve myself of all moral responsibility."

I believe that is the Tesla slogan, not a comic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1353423230833405952

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hunter Biden is so much cooler than Don Jr and Eric could ever hope to be.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Is it a New York style bagel or a Montreal style bagel? This could be a major political faux pas

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

xtal posted:

Is it a New York style bagel or a Montreal style bagel? This could be a major political faux pas

Looks like New York style

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPr-4mAj3q/

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Joe Biden actually cares about his children; what a freakshow" has to be the saddest attack on his character in the chud arsenal. A real president just makes them do his job in the hope that that will finally make daddy love them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The campaign-sinking "I love you my beautiful son" text leak was one of the brighter spots of 2020.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I think I'm the idiot on social media for this one, but this "shanty" profoundly irritates me. Poster has a very pretty voice, but the content is forced into the (bad) rhyme scheme, and furthermore is superficial.

https://twitter.com/RachelTobac/status/1352409636792492035

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
shanties are for low voices, not peeps lowering their voices w the rasping that makes it sound like theyll get nodules if they keep it up too much :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There are lots more sea shanty tunes, I dunno why everyone's just unanimously standardized on this one

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Why have sea shanties become a meme?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Tiktokers got bored

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m just glad so many people are being introduced to canadian legend Stan Rogers

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Something about being isolated with a small handful of people for months on end under constant stress while dreaming about a future day you'll get to go out and drink and carouse again gets people in the mood, I guess.

Also they're just fun to sing along to.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The thing is, the original meme was really cool because it was a more-or-less spontaneous Tiktok collaboration. One guy posted solo, two guys in rapid succession added bass, and a third guy added baritone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Samovar posted:

The boy needs longer trousers or better socks.

He shops in the children's section so his too-short pants make him look taller.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m just glad so many people are being introduced to canadian legend Stan Rogers

I'm going to out myself as a bad Canadian, because while the Stan Rogers version is the OG, I like the Irish Descendants cover more.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I won't be satisfied with this steal until we give Mt Rushmore back and carve Lincoln, John Brown, Malcolm X, and Sitting Bull onto Stone Mountain.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Gargamel Gibson posted:

https://youtu.be/m1ovAB4vKzw

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Platystemon posted:

The hoi polloi people talk like this.

lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I won't be satisfied with this steal until we give Mt Rushmore back and carve Lincoln, John Brown, Malcolm X, and Sitting Bull onto Stone Mountain.

Wasn't the guy who designed Mt Rushmore working on a giant loving Crazy Horse monument?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

A slap so hard that it immediately cooks the person who created this abomination.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I think the dudebros beat you to the claim there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think poo poo like this is spread by white chicks who got called out for wearing an indian headdress at coachella as a psyop to make their own terrible behavior more acceptable.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Dan Bilzarian has really let himself go since his company tanked

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/lato_kort/status/1340601007047372800?s=21

I mean, half a million excess deaths because you thought tomato juice could cure AIDS isn’t a small thing to put aside, you know.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Wasn't the guy who designed Mt Rushmore working on a giant loving Crazy Horse monument?
From Wikipedia, planning for that monument started in the 1930's, actual work started in 1948, and here it is in 2020:

It's, uh, not going well. But what better way to pay tribute to Native Americans like hacking up a big chunk of their traditional lands?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wasnt the mount rushmore guy super racist or something?

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

The Crazy Horse sculptor had worked as an assistant on Mt Rushmore, he hadn’t designed it. Crazy Horse was commissioned by some Lakota chiefs, but IIRC it’s pretty controversial.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Knormal posted:

From Wikipedia, planning for that monument started in the 1930's, actual work started in 1948, and here it is in 2020:

It's, uh, not going well. But what better way to pay tribute to Native Americans like hacking up a big chunk of their traditional lands?

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with US history, which President had a big hole on them?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

toanoradian posted:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with US history, which President had a big hole on them?

JFK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

:drat: