Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drop everything and start watching butt boy this movie loving rules Imfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
warning warning, king kong has acquired a giant axe from somewhere.

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/1353387222343454722?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

uber_stoat posted:

Clearly they’re going to bring Paul Bunyan into the canon.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
DOOM: Did you say Doom?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

DOOM: Did you say Doom?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hodgepodge posted:

doom is the dictatorship of the proletariat, paradoxically contained in one man and also randomly oooh ooh evil mcbad because otherwise he might make richards look even worse

I mean killing a hungry person for stealing bread seems bad

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 272 days!

indigi posted:

I mean killing a hungry person for stealing bread seems bad

Doom does not tolerate hunger, and frowns very severely on poor nutrition.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

uber_stoat posted:

I want this to be a legit one on one fight without a ‘rivals team up against a nastier enemy in the third act’ gimmick.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I want this to be a legit one on one fight without a ‘rivals team up against a nastier enemy in the third act’ gimmick.

you can literally see mecha godzilla at 0:03, it's going to be exactly that

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
bring back Mothra bitches

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Psychedelicatessen posted:

there's been a leak of the merch for the movie and yeah...

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Laaaaame

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

as a mothra fanatic i was so disappointed with godzilla king of the monsters

there is a majestic, cosmic quality to mothra that the film failed to capture

i really really enjoyed kong, skull island for the most part and the previous godzilla film was not bad

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

doom is basically tony stark being honest with himself

Close, Tony Stark is Ghostface Killah, but they have collaborated sometimes so I can see how you'd mix them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkArIh0O2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLLFwka3Ofw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YW_RqTuZMw

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1352697235750883328

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I wish Ted Cruz's mum had taken him out.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eBIHO1Hl9U

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Movies I would like to see in theaters in 2021:
Mortal Kombat
Black Widow
Godzilla vs. Kong
Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
The Suicide Squad
Dune
No Time to Die
Eternals
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Mission Impossible 7
The new Spider-Man
Matrix 4

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

I dunno Seth, wasn't Walt super conservative?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
deport seth rogen

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Blood Boils posted:

I dunno Seth, wasn't Walt super conservative?

Yeah, but he was human

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mr Hootington posted:

Movies I would like to see in theaters in 2021:
Mission Impossible 7
The new Spider-Man
Matrix 4

I didn’t realize MI7 was this year. hell yeah

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Continuing my read-through of the Clancy novel, there's a couple of excerpts I'd like to share:

This first one is bad history. The Germans weren't watching for Patton specifically, they were watching for the phantom army formations that the Allies had conjured up (such as the "1st United States Army Group") because of radio intercepts describing these units, and then believed that Patton would be the one leading the army because he was the general they knew most/best. The deceptive creation of the army came first, and then Patton's association with it followed, not that Patton himself was the bait.

This second one is just weird. I've never seen a take that saw the Yalta Conference being a bad thing. It's almost like in the politics of 2015 the author has revised history in his head so hard that it's bad now because it involved working with and striking a deal with Stalin. The rejection of the comparison to Roosevelt is also bizarre. Are we supposed to believe FDR is also bad now?

This last one is maybe the most improbable plot point of the book: Not-Putin knows that he's becoming unpopular even among the cabal of oligarchs that he's ingratiated himself with to run Russia, so he wants to be able to to safely store his money outside of Russia, but also out of the reach of both his domestic and foreign enemies. How do you sneak away billions so that it's "untraceable"? Why, you use your ill-gotten Russian Rubles to buy bitcoins, and then you convert the bitcoins back into US Dollars, and the money is 100% laundered and nobody can tell who did it or where the money came from!
the combination of horrible writing, bad history and even worse politics really goes a long way towards explaining why all dads love this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

indigi posted:

I didn’t realize MI7 was this year. hell yeah

Yeah it will be good. I just watched 4 thru 6 for the first time and wish I had seen them in theaters.

MI3 poisoned the franchise for years for me. Hated that movie.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I watched Wandavision over the weekend. I thought it was okay.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

General Dog posted:

Yeah, but he was human
That's just liberal propaganda.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is doom crippled and that's why he wears the armor? I don't know the comics that well

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Is doom crippled and that's why he wears the armor? I don't know the comics that well

His face was either

1. Horribly scarred by a lab accident that may or may not have been caused by Reed Richards.
2. Or, according to Jack Kirby, only received a tiny scar on his cheek, but he's so prideful that he can't stand the minor imperfection, so he now wears a mask.
3. Or he originally had a small scar, but scrambled his face when he first put his mask on while it was still burning hot.

I prefer 2, but most go with 1 or 3.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 05:25 on Jan 26, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
#3 is the best origin story IMO

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I had the read-along tape & book of that when I was a wee one

Also the one where princess Leia and :wookie: save those telepathic gerbils from the Jabberwocky

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im watching donnie brasco and johnny depp with a mustache looks like nick mullen

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

His face was either

1. Horribly scarred by a lab accident that may or may not have been caused by Reed Richards.
2. Or, according to Jack Kirby, only received a tiny scar on his cheek, but he's so prideful that he can't stand the minor imperfection, so he now wears a mask.
3. Or he originally had a small scar, but scrambled his face when he first put his mask on while it was still burning hot.

I prefer 2, but most go with 1 or 3.

please let it be 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PsGXnC5dA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Stairmaster posted:

im watching donnie brasco and johnny depp with a mustache looks like nick mullen

pretty sure there's a deleted scene where he sucks his dad's dick but they cut it for time because it was 39 minutes long.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I lol'd when they abruptly shoved in a post scrip about all the convictions right after making us feel the guys guilt for snitching

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doctor Doom done right is an incredible villain because it's a practically Venture Bros relationship with the FF, complete with Doom being basically the godfather of one of Reed and Sue's kids.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

There was an arc in the fantastic four comic where Doom was replaced with the "legitimate" heir to the Latverian throne, Prince Zorba Fortunov. Prince Zorba almost immediately went mad with power and ran the country into the ground. Everyone in Latveria celebrated when Doom retook the country, because they were genuinely happy to have him back.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

iirc every time they show latverians there's a babushka with a head scarf and they all look like cold war eastern europe sterotypes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Latveria is extremely old world eastern europe stereotype, in some cases implied to be because Doom likes it that way, and enforces the look and theme despite the country having modern amenities and advanced infrastructure.

It's a lot funnier now given the assumption that it's obviously still a shithole next to the US, land of the free

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 272 days!
the really fun part is when you start to think about who the thing represents in the ff american family

e: speaking of which it had somehow never occurred to me that the human torch is gay and his whole superpower is "just" taking the risk of coming out of the closet a little bit and really being himself in public for a few minutes

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 09:38 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

There's at least one story where everyone thinks that and then through circumstance his mask falls off and he's ranting about ugly and disfigured from what Reed did and everyone kind of states as he looks totally normal.