Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Phuzun posted:

Is that at Laguna Seca?

Now that's what I call

fast food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

I've always wanted to drive the Wienermobile...

Different brand, but that reminded me of this ad campaign:

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Thinking about a designer hunched over a drawing table, deep into the night, the bone-white glow of a sleek floor lamp their only light. Stretching their hands after hours of detail work. Rubbing their eyes, gripping the bridge of their nose as the deadline nears.

And finally, drawing themself up to full height—giving their shoulders a few good rolls, yawning with relief—to stand back and look upon a job well done.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
One time I saw a Wienermobile just parked in an apartment complex. I saw it peaking over the surrounding wall and pulled over, thinking people would be taking pictures with it. Nope, it was alone and unguarded. So I snapped a few photos, but it was kind of surreal.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 23, 2021

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Had a random dog sighting a couple years ago.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wonder what a weiner dude is like to hang out with.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Pretty cool but neurotic I'd like to imagine.

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet

SO DEMANDING posted:

:allears: this is vital new england history right here

maybe a thread on weird discount stores in general would work, i'm sure there's bulding-19-alikes in other parts of the country

Worcester is technically a different part of the country in the most literal sense

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'd imagine he's like the guy from Imagination Land.

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones
House on the Rock is peak Americana. Originally a private collection of random stuff, it gradually morphed into one of the oddest tourist traps in the country. Located in Southwest Wisconsin, the house is a funk/groovy 60s style structure built on and into a sandstone outcrop.

You walk through it and think "that's it?". Nope, the weirdness just started. There is a looping trail through perhaps 6 warehouses, on the ground and suspended at various heights in each. It starts out with a dozen or so displays of automatically playing orchestras and calliopes.

Then several old-time streets. Think museum, but instead of not even making an attempt to educate the signage actively misleads you...

A giant, anatomically incorrect whale, fine. Why not make it 2x life size, the wrap a walkway around it so you can study the thing from all angles?

Linoleum covered car? Park it next to the one covered in doll heads...

It all blurs together long before you reach the end. Knights in armor, doll houses, carousel horses, steamship boilers, on and on, more and more. Worth seeing- once.
https://www.thehouseontherock.com/

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

MrQueasy posted:

Only Del Taco has good fast-food crinkle cuts though.

man I could go for some really trashy cheap rear end soft chicken Del Tacos right about now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this really reminds me of a museum I visited in my buddy's home town:

it's about the coolest thing you can do in Kilgore

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

winnydpu posted:

It all blurs together long before you reach the end. Knights in armor, doll houses, carousel horses, steamship boilers, on and on, more and more. Worth seeing- once.
https://www.thehouseontherock.com/

The House on the Rock is can't-miss Americana & a literal spite house

also, it has an infinity room:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPskK2EokI

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

16-bit RDRAM posted:

Worcester is technically a different part of the country in the most literal sense

Whoah is Spags still around? Went there when I was really young and they had so much cheap stuff, especially tools.

No, looks like they closed in 2016, drat

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 24, 2021

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet

shy boy from chess club posted:

Whoah is Spags still around? Went there when I was really young and they had so much cheap stuff, especially tools.

No, looks like they closed in 2016, drat

My grandparents used to take me there when I was really young. My grandfather looked like Spag minus the cowboy hat so when I was like 6 I thought it was his store :3:

I also faintly remember "spag" being a label for poor kids in middle school

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I made the Building 19 thread at the suggestion of some posters in this thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956774

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
n'thing House on the Rock. It's totally worth the visit.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
I went to the House on the Rock a few years ago, it was pretty neat but there was just way too much of the same stuff. A music machine is cool, but after the 5th one it's just like "ok yeah we've seen this lets just keep going". The infinity room was kind of terrifying because you could feel the room move, but it was surreal seeing it since a bunch of art classes I took used it as an example of a vanishing point.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Casu Marzu posted:

gently caress yeah this is a good thread. Here's some random poo poo I've run into traveling around WI

Manitowoc's claim to fame is a hunk of sputnik crashed there

Born and raised there :unsmith:

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I've got some pictures from a pow-wow I attended at the Menomonee rez back from when I was in college, if there's interest? We were able to attend because our professor is part of the tribe. I had another native an American professor who had taught us a common dance step, so I ended up being the only non-tribal member/relative who ended up dancing with everyone, it was pretty dope.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Please do.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

y’all should catch Weird Homes on Amazon Prime. It’s crusty 90’s TV but is chock full of stuff from the US and Canada.

One guy, Andy MacDonald, has a property full of dummies he created. It turns out he wrote a few books, mostly of random stuff about growing up. I managed to get one from the library and the stories were pretty entertaining, if a bit random.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I am a better person now having discovered mutton bustin'

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Same name, different bar:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is satire, right? It's all maga in theory but trump is in full military dictator pose with a chest full of medals he didn't earn and the wall is there but it looks like people are going both under and over it.

God, the last decade has made interpreting political cartoons hard.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump fans are proof against satire

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There isn't a Trump voter living or dead that would see that shirt and think "parody" does that answer the question

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

goatface posted:

That is satire, right? It's all maga in theory but trump is in full military dictator pose with a chest full of medals he didn't earn and the wall is there but it looks like people are going both under and over it.

God, the last decade has made interpreting political cartoons hard.

No. Satire is dead.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This particular Broken Spoke is a biker bar in Laconia, NH, so more than likely not satire.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Deeters posted:

This particular Broken Spoke is a biker bar in Laconia, NH, so more than likely not satire.

Lol what the gently caress, I assumed wyoming or some garbage

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Big Beef City posted:

There isn't a Trump voter living or dead that would see that shirt and think "parody" does that answer the question

But there isn't a halfway intelligent non-Trump voter who'd see that and think 'this is real'. The truth is in the middle?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

500excf type r posted:

There are a lot of very interesting rural/hunter chuds in NH

And it has nothing on Maine

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

The Bloop posted:

Oh I am familiar, I have lived in new england my whole life, including rural new hampshire and rural maine. It's the wild west imagery that throws me for a loop more than anything.

It reminds me of the operation desert storm shirts my grandma bought me in 1991

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

The Bloop posted:

NH and Maine is a weird place, I've spent about ten years of my life living one or the other and I honestly miss it, even the middle of nowhere western maine. If there were jobs and a future out that way, I'd probably have gone back. Both places can be full of lovely people though, but some great weird folks you'd never meet anywhere else.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I lived in NH for most of a decade and there are a lot of things I miss and also many things I still don't understand

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Well, they have bars in Sturgis and Daytona too. I've never been to Laconia during bike week, but this place always looks dead any other time I've been by.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

LOL, this pic brings back so many memories. I always loved to try new restaurants, but they always had the same decor of "random outdated pop references and antiques" nailed and strung up to wherever the eye can see. I swear when one of these places goes out of business, they just put it all in a giant crate and give it to the next guy opening a restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Abongination posted:

I am a better person now having discovered mutton bustin'

This phrase refers to something else here in New Zealand.