Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

it seems a lot of ppl are getting some feelings about football after the conference title game and started saying they wont watch the super bowl. to make things easier i made this thread so u can discuss not watching the super bowl.

i will be watching the super bowl because tom brady rules and so does andy reid and the kc chiefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

oh yea i forgot if u like video games this thread can also be used for that

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Sour Diesel posted:

i will be watching the super bowl because tom brady rules and so does andy reid and the kc chiefs

I also will be doing this and therefore won't be posting further in this thread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

play dicey dungeons

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I will not be watching the super bowl because im tired of watching brady win

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
OP can they also post in exact order the teams they'd prefer to have seen in the Super Bowl and with the reasons broken down in excruciating order and then at the bottom of the list put:

HEAT DEATH OF UNIVERSE

Bucs/Chiefs

?????

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Depends on if I decide to make nachos or not, I'll keep you posted OP

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

OP can they also post in exact order the teams they'd prefer to have seen in the Super Bowl and with the reasons broken down in excruciating order and then at the bottom of the list put:

HEAT DEATH OF UNIVERSE

Bucs/Chiefs

?????

tjats perfectly fine but i think u can do better try putting a line about rooting for a meteor in there??? just some thoughts that would be pretty funny lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'd rather die than watch the Super Bowl with these teams in it. I'd rather pass away

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ya i dont like the thief in dicey dungeons either

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
anyone who says they're not watching the superbowl will be 100% watching the superbowl

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cavauro posted:

play dicey dungeons

You should do this regardless of the Super Bowl

Robot for life

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Super bowl? Feh. Time for a rousing couple rounds of the Battlestar Galactica board game via Tabletop Simulator with my online friends, and you bet I’ve already claimed Callie.

- what I won’t be saying at 6 30pm on February 7th before super bowl LX featuring the Kansas City Chiefs and Pat Mahomes trying to repeat vs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tom Brady trying to win #7 at 43 years of age

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm watching... for the commercials :smug:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm gonna watch the Superbowl cause it's the last football we will get till August :smith:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
^^^^^
Cfl moi droog.

What? Why would someone do that?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what’s dicey donuts

e: dicey dungeons. sorry I’m hungry. also please don’t say “what’s dicey donuts with you”

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

this thread is serving as an excellent data source for my "tracking random bigotry in tff" thread

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

indigi posted:

what’s dicey donuts

e: dicey dungeons. sorry I’m hungry. also please don’t say “what’s dicey donuts with you”

dice dungeons is a fun lil roguelike RPG thingy you can get on steam. a great game to play while watching the super bowl

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i haven't watched a single superbowl sincev 2012 and i'm not about to start now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why watch the super bowl when we're all going to die some day

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Good board games chat.

Simple:

Ticket to Ride - good for all ages, you're making train lines across the US / or whatever version they're selling.

Azul - You're making a quilt pattern or something? you pick tiles out of a bag, you score points, it's great.

Sagrada - You're picking dice out of a bag to make a stained glass window out of dice. It's rad as heck

Pandemic - ~4 people with cool jobs try to save the world from the ravages of 4 simultaneous pandemics. It's hilarious how bad things can go so quickly.

That's so Clever Game - roll dice, fill out a sheet, score points.

Call to Adventure - RPG character generator the game. You build your character's story by undertaking quest cards and rolling a lot of 2 sided dice.

Complex

Xia: legends of a drift system - Do you like Cowboy Bebop? You command a ship, fly around a galaxy you generate to bounty hunt / deliver cargo / explore to become super famous.

Terraforming Mars - You're a corporation colonizing mars based off of making smart decisions to build your engine using randomly drawn cards. It's one of the best. has a ton of expansions that add cool stuff.

Tapestry - What if civilization was a boardgame. You spend resources to either Explore / Conquer / Research Technology or Roll Bill Nye the Science Die.

Root - A bunch of cute woodland creatures all trying to do different but conflicting things in a forest. It rules and is super cutthroat.

Work Replacement Games corner:

Agricola - You're a medieval peasant trying to build a farm.

Everdell - You're adorable woodland creatures building a tree city.

On Mars - Super complicated dual-layer worker replacement game. It's great and evil.

Oh gently caress you complex:

Gloomhaven - A D&D campaign of combat in a box. One of the longest legacy games, build your character in your up to 4 player adventuring party, retire it and unlock like 18 classes, across like 100+ scenarios. has a sequel coming this year.

Twilight Imperium - A 6+ hour game for 4-6 or 8 players that has you conquering the galaxy sort of. It's absurdly complicated and long for real grognards that want to get hosed over by dice rolls.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kingdomino is really really good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are also board games out there that can be run singleplayer, for lonely nerds on quarentine. Blackstone Fortress is a good example. Painting isn't required, but if you get into the painting you can waste years of your life (like me!).

I have not played it myself but everyone I know who has enjoyed it.

https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/gam...opping%20clicks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh is there a sports ball on?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I may not catch the game because I'm so used to have guests over to watch it

I don't know if I give a poo poo enough without friends to shoot the poo poo with

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I’m an actor in a Walmart commercial who didn’t license the use of the name, so we’re laying out this nice spread of Frito Lay snacks, Pepsi products, and Johnsonville meats for the “Big Game”, thank you very much! :smug:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Some brands are sitting out the Super Bowl! And commercial spending is gonna be down.

https://apnews.com/article/budweiser-coke-pepsi-super-bowl-nfl-c17d72e98fda8f07d114657dfb7f5b90

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Gonna play one of the Truck Simulator games op

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Guze posted:

Gonna play one of the Truck Simulator games op

I had fun playing euro truck simulator roleplaying as an Eastern European failson of a mafia don. Deliberately racking up fines, running as many halogen lights as I could with high beams always on and laying on the horn while driving through towns at night. Good game.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I'm gonna watch the Superbowl cause it's the last football we will get till August :smith:

some non-p5 conferences are playing spring ball

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I probably wont watch the whole thing this year. Might check in at half time and see if it is a game.

The wife isnt into football and no parties about this year so welp. Will.probably.have more fun playing rocket league

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I will watch the super bowl but might also play video games at the same time.

There’s a reason the lord gave us two ears and two hands :)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm going to watch the superbowl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

i haven't watched a single superbowl since Pats/Falcons and i'm not about to start now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

get me a nobowl gang tag

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

this thread is serving as an excellent data source for my "tracking random bigotry in tff" thread

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I've got to work then so I'll be pestering students instead.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thanks for asking, no, i don't happen to own a television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m going to watch the Super Bowl as an excuse to go to a bar and stuff my face with junk food and drink but I assure you I will resent every second of it and am not interested in it