Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
And another one!
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=138

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Translation: https://guya.moe/proxy/imgur/QsybNuK/1/1/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

that last panel... Always Sunny title card: Metal Bat Goes On a Rampage

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

muthafuckin dr wily at it again

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Jerkface posted:

that last panel... Always Sunny title card: Metal Bat Goes On a Rampage

lol

God, new chapters are always such a treat. And hey, PPP didn't do anything gross this time!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

graham cracker posted:

Translation up: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1174896/1

Edit: Why doesn't Suiryu recognize Saitama? Another Edit: Really? They only met in the manga version? Wierd!

Tournament arc OFFICIALLY non-canon

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I respect Raiden

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And another one
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=139

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man's just knocking them out.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
English 137

Oh Blue. So close, yet so far.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Genos(ide)
Erimin(ate)
Destro(y)

I'm sensing a naming scheme with these cyborgs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Metal Bat rules

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Metal Bat rules

:yeah:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Metal Bat fan since before it was cool reporting here.

Do I get a hipster badge

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

wait when was it not cool to be a Metal Bat fan?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
our boy Metal Bat just straight flexin' :swoon:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So that happened in the murata version :stare:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MorningMoon posted:

So that happened in the murata version :stare:

What the gently caress? What the gently caress! What the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A translation of the latest redraw if you haven't seen it yet and are interested

https://imgur.com/a/AIRPpma

Aside from the elephant in the room, Zombieman also gets blown up by Homeless Emperor so it seems the redraw is getting closer to the fireworks factory.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hm. That's different.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's been obvious for a good while now that the Murata version is basically a parallel story that just touches some of the same beats rather than a remake. Which is fine really, there's a definite benefit to no longer knowing what's going to happen in the plot.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I don’t see how the redraw can elegantly give us a “King singlehandedly holds off the monster association” scene at this point, so it’s still strictly inferior unless they manage to pull it off.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Someone mentioned the cube had shown up in the webcomic at a different point, right? What if we're getting into some FF7R kinda stuff and both comics will come crashing?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MorningMoon posted:

Someone mentioned the cube had shown up in the webcomic at a different point, right? What if we're getting into some FF7R kinda stuff and both comics will come crashing?

Before the translation that's what I thought was happening, Blast just coming in from the ONE dimension because of the cube.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Blast's eyes seem drawn similarly to Blue's so I guess he's on the level about his back story.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Blast’s design is cool.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
still think his outfit looks like Android 16

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Snake Maze posted:

I don’t see how the redraw can elegantly give us a “King singlehandedly holds off the monster association” scene at this point, so it’s still strictly inferior unless they manage to pull it off.

Yeah, King vs all Cadre's is kind of borked because he was forced into that situation on account of being the only person on the surface between them and the kid. I don't see how we get back there since every Hero is in the same spot, except Flash and Saitama who are currently being teleported there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

The junk collector posted:

Yeah, King vs all Cadre's is kind of borked because he was forced into that situation on account of being the only person on the surface between them and the kid. I don't see how we get back there since every Hero is in the same spot, except Flash and Saitama who are currently being teleported there.

If I were them I'd just change the order a bit. Have all the S-Class get incapacitated and then have King do his last stand and then have Saitama show up. Or just engineer a different scenario where you need King to bravely delay the bad guys for a bit. It should not be hard :)

I expect we'll get it in some fashion.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Snake Maze posted:

There is something about ONE's storytelling in the webcomic that really makes the scenes feel vivid and grounded to the point where you, the reader, sort of imagine what it would be like to live through the events as one of the civilian bystanders. Two moments in the MA arc are really notable that way for me:

1) Child Emperor dictating a journal of the accounts of the MA raid, up to the point where the base is lifted and he's now buried in rubble. You really feel the stakes as he talks about not knowing which heroes are alive or dead, and how if the heroes lose, there would never again be peace on Earth.

2) The sequence where Tatsumaki is facing all the cadres on her own, and Fubuki is underground talking about how it wouldn't even be safe to go to the surface with the energy being put out. Thinking about Tats' powers brings to mind the wave of destruction in those old atomic bomb test videos.

I don't know if any of this will be captured as well in the manga, but that's ok. I'm totally fine with the manga being it's own separate (and awesome in a different way) thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerkface posted:

If I were them I'd just change the order a bit. Have all the S-Class get incapacitated and then have King do his last stand and then have Saitama show up. Or just engineer a different scenario where you need King to bravely delay the bad guys for a bit. It should not be hard :)

I expect we'll get it in some fashion.

Yeah, I expect like Homeless King decimates everyone, then whatever villain that was also in that fight shows up, and all the heroes that are still conscious but beaten to poo poo looks up to King since he should still be fresh. Cue the best 150 page chapter of all.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Blast’s design is cool.

The massive Toriyama shoulder pads don't work for me.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 138 translated.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

mumen rider...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this poo poo is gripping

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1233708/1

139 out as well.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Mmmm my boy Genos about to be making some mistakes, looks like.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell yeah, this is so good.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
If he's in fact bullshitting, Drive Knight is still playing Genos like a fiddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's saying very plausible things that are also exactly what genos wants to hear. it's so suspicious!