Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurnAllTheSuburbs
Jan 25, 2021

by Pragmatica

Shumagorath posted:

I have this image of certain posters kitted out in full Problematic Police SWAT gear, laptops ready in a loitering SUV, doing searches for the word "trans" every five minutes.
Transphobia isn't just "problematic", it's harmful, sometimes even dangerous or deadly if the wrong person reads it at the wrong time. Trans folks complete suicide at way higher rates than the average person, and a huge part of the reason for that is because of all the ignorance, hatred, fear, and bile spewed at them on a daily basis.

And as for you, graph. In response to derek's horrible transphobic post, you wrote this:

quote:

I appreciate your explanation in the thread but I'm still going to give you a day timeout to think. Read the replies too. Be well, goon. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.
You "appreciate their explanation" and wish them well? That's your response to transphobia? You didn't even note the transphobia on their rap sheet!

Pretty weak and disgusting poo poo, graph. No wonder trans folks don't want to post on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
has anybody said "butt coin" recently

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

killhamster posted:

has anybody said "butt coin" recently

this person did a bit ago

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

:captainpop:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

big if true

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
a single space prevents critical mass

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Never loving mind, it was someone trying to use an issue to troll.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

did you guys know that Fleetwood Mac actually invented buttcoin in their 1977 classic the chain?

[Verse 1]
Listen to the wind blow
Watch the sun rise
Run in the shadows
drat your love, drat your lies

[Chorus]
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain (Never break the chain)
And if you don't love me now (You don't love me now)
I can still hear you saying (Still hear you saying)

[Verse 2]
Listen to the wind blow
Down comes the night
Run in the shadows
drat your love, drat your lies
Break the silence
drat the dark, drat the light

[Chorus]
And if you don't love me now
I can still hear you saying

[Guitar & Bass Solo]

[Outro]
(Chain, keep us together) Run in the shadow
(Chain, keep us together) Runnin' in the shadow
(Chain, keep us together) Runnin' in the shadow

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

makes u think

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
makes u poop

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the accepted terminology is "mining bit-coin"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
no, its "mining butts coins".

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hey thread. i fell behind for a while, but i've been hashing the code to get some of that bitcoin.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
https://www.coindesk.com/miner-marathon-buys-bitcoin-investment

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/why-did-bill-miller-and-his-son-buy-microstrategy-debt-its-the-bitcoin-2021-01-24

I think the whales have woken up to the fact the tether printer hasn't gone brrrrr during the past dips under $30k. Nothing since the 19th.

Is there any chance that the fed has been buying the debt these companies have been issuing to purchase bitcoin as part of it's economic relief efforts?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/danheld/status/1352667338374451200

Did this guy just say the quiet part out loud? That people would exchange bitcoin for tether even if they were "worthless"?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Did this guy just say the quiet part out loud? That people would exchange bitcoin for tether even if they were "worthless"?

Reminded of the Ben Shapiro classic "Global warming putting Miami underwater isn't a big deal, Everyone will just sell their house and move"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

SYSV Fanfic posted:

if tether was found to be worthless tomorrow then bitcoin's value denominated in tether would skyrocket, yes... that's exactly what happened at Mt Gox

its value denominated in USD on the other hand...

also, altcoins are "literally printed from thin air" as though that doesn't apply equally to bitscoin

one of the most :psyduck: things I've read recently

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

jre posted:

Reminded of the Ben Shapiro classic "Global warming putting Miami underwater isn't a big deal, Everyone will just sell their house and move"

keep building them skyscrapers

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jre posted:

Sell the Coins to WHO, Ben? loving Seraph!?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I didn't realize how much of the "institutional money" was borrowed. The more I start seriously reading coin desk the more articles I spot where companies have issued large debt (relative to any of their possible assets) that was used to purchase crypto.It makes me remember articles like these:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/10/the-fed-bought-more-blue-chip-and-junk-bonds-and-has-started-making-main-street-loans.html

https://timevalueofbtc.medium.com/worlds-collide-bond-issuance-and-bitcoin-buying-cbb85b9bb091

Are people buying and repackaging this debt with the central banks as the bagholder?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Here are the terms of the issuance:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/microstrategy-announces-proposed-private-offering-210100316.html

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
ugh if the cryptocurrency crash causes a recession because tether didn't get prosecuted fast enough, I'm going to be so peeved

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SYSV Fanfic posted:

is this guy really called dan held

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

KnifeWrench posted:

ugh if the cryptocurrency crash causes a recession because tether didn't get prosecuted fast enough, I'm going to be so peeved

The US is already in a recession by every metric other than the stock market. The federal reserve bought an unbelievable amount of junk debt to prevent a 2007 style general credit lockup, and they've continued buying it so companies can issue debt to stay afloat. Except they've been trying to avoid buying junk debt directly and instead have been purchasing ETFs that bundle junk debt.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Chalks posted:

is this guy really called dan held

Are you really surprised when there is also Tuur Demeister

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Guys, I think we are the bagholders.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/fed...employment.html

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hammerite posted:

also, altcoins are "literally printed from thin air" as though that doesn't apply equally to bitscoin

one of the most :psyduck: things I've read recently

bitcoin is minted from electricity

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

If you love the bag, you must let it go.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
has anyone posted the rear end pennies skit in response to buttcoin yet

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

has anyone posted the rear end pennies skit in response to buttcoin yet

yes

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
nobody has said "buttcoin" though so you still have a shot at being the first

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hmm. I must wait for the correct opportunity

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i saw someone say "buttcoin" at the wrong time once and it ruined his life. now children spit on him, women run away screaming, dogs try to urinate on him, simply awful

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Boxturret posted:

i saw someone say "buttcoin" at the wrong time once and it ruined his life. now children spit on him, women run away screaming, dogs try to urinate on him, simply awful

Has anyone heard from Kevin recently ?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Boxturret posted:

cool autobiography

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
someone once let butt and coin come together by dropping a screwdriver onto their backspace key

they asked the blockchain to confirm that they were already dead and died before the transaction went through

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

jre posted:

Has anyone heard from Kevin recently ?

last we saw him he touched a bitcoin and died penniless and alone

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Shumagorath posted:

someone once let butt and coin come together by dropping a screwdriver onto their backspace key

they asked the blockchain to confirm that they were already dead and died before the transaction went through

:hmmyes:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

with 7 transactions per second nothing about butt coin could be described as "prompt"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

last we saw him he touched a bitcoin and died penniless and alone

*makes the sign of the cross*