Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I wish privacy.com worked for me but I use a credit union so I'm not allowed inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

I wish privacy.com worked for me but I use a credit union so I'm not allowed inside.

^^yeah I had this issue, and I didn't feel like buying bitcoin just for this, so i paypal'd. Is it more important (legally and privacy/security-wise) to obfuscate your personal information from indexers?

I'm also getting some security warnings from firefox and httpseverywhere when I try to go to BD25. I am currently using tabula rasa as a indexer, but it leaves much to be desired. Any other goon-recommended indexers, primarily focused on HD and UHD content?

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Is there any way to exclude a certain group from an indexer, either at the indexer level or in Sonarr/Sabnzbd? Sonarr has been grabbing things that fail 100% of the time, from one specific usenet group, and then grabbing it again from another group that always works. It's eating up a not-insignificant amount of data, so I'd like to blacklist it if possible. I'm talking about a specific alt.b group, not a release group.

edit: It's one a.b group, only scraped on one specific indexer. Worst case I can just remove that indexer from Sonarr, and I expect it won't hurt things in the long run.

PitViper fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 4, 2021

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

PitViper posted:

edit: It's one a.b group, only scraped on one specific indexer. Worst case I can just remove that indexer from Sonarr, and I expect it won't hurt things in the long run.

You can make a Release Profile that has "Must Not Contain" words on it. That's how I filter out groups I don't want.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!

madsushi posted:

You can make a Release Profile that has "Must Not Contain" words on it. That's how I filter out groups I don't want.

I've done that for specific release groups, but unfortunately this is not for the release group, it's for the usenet group the files are posted to. Usually Sonarr grabs the same file from the same release group from a different usenet group (instead of alt.binary.problem, it'll grab one uploaded to alt.binary.good) and it'll download and process fine. It's a problem with sabnzbd postprocessing and being unable to move/rename a file, and it's happened with multiple release groups all from this same a.b.problem group on usenet.

I think I might have fixed it in sabnzbd, but I'll have to watch the next several days and see if the problem reoccurs.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
My radarr setup upgraded to v3 last night without me knowing and my quality size limits got screwed up. It seems like they're set by MB/hr now? This is confusing the poo poo out of me.

Does anyone have any recommendation for what to set for 720/1080p files using the new setting format?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mine seem to be set at 5.9GB/hr for the lower quality stuff, 10GB/hr for regular 1080p Blu-Ray encodes, and unlimited for anything above that. It's not something I've had to think about in v3 at all tbh, I've not noticed anything flagged as not being eligible for download due to filesize not being within the limits

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Is V3 finally released for real?

I have been putting off switching because it'll mean installing the radarr-devel port and I know it'll do something dumb like install an unstable build that breaks my database when I forget to switch back after it's actually the mainline

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
This was posted on their Reddit page about a month ago:

r/radarr posted:

Today we announced the first stable release of Radarr V3 for all platforms. With this release comes some major changes frontend and back (Available on Github).

So far my big complaints with v3 are that 1) I had to zoom out on the manual search results page in order to see all the columns on the right, and 2) it fucks around with the way lists work, so that I had to go in and check an additional box to have it read the list, add the title, monitor the title AAAAAND search for it when its added. That last one wasn't ticked so things were getting added but not grabbed. Other than that it's just the general pain of having all the menus moved around from what I'm used to, but it seems to work fine still.

Unrelated, is there a Plex-like app for books and comics? Something I can point to a folder full of PDFs and CBRs and have some kind of web portal to view them, have some way to organize them, remember where I am in each file etc?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

GB/hr is so much nicer than having to put 2 sliders for 90/120-minutes (or whatever) at arbitrary limits.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Takes No Damage posted:

Unrelated, is there a Plex-like app for books and comics? Something I can point to a folder full of PDFs and CBRs and have some kind of web portal to view them, have some way to organize them, remember where I am in each file etc?
I don't know about a web-access but Calibre is the best ebook management software (and free) that does good oraganization, resuming, auto-tagging/sorting, etc https://calibre-ebook.com/. There's apparently a github fork version with web-access which called Calibre-web but I don't know about how to use it but I can vouch for Calibre https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web You're on your own with that one but it sounds like if you wanted to read Calibre files on any devices then that's what you want.

For a simpler-standalone software though Calbre itself is very easy to use.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 21, 2021

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Takes No Damage posted:

Ubooquity is your best bet for comics, it also supports eBooks but I'd run a separate Calibre instance for those if you can sacrifice the resources. I don't know if the web browser reader can remember your progress, I always talked to it through Chunky Reader on an iPad.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Noice, thanks. I remember looking up Ubooquity a while ago but couldn't remember the name. Turns out it's one of the pre-configured software options in DietPi, which I already have running for PiHole. I may experiment with trying to share my /books/ directory from my NAS to DietPi and serve things up that way, and experiment with getting CalibreWeb running in a FreeNAS jail if that's too slow.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

norp posted:

Is V3 finally released for real?

I have been putting off switching because it'll mean installing the radarr-devel port and I know it'll do something dumb like install an unstable build that breaks my database when I forget to switch back after it's actually the mainline

I installed it fresh on my windows laptop like a month ago so its been mainline release for a while.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I might prod the port maintainer to do a release, he's probably not noticed

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Ughhh, turns out that there is no -devel port published for radarr (which is officially V3) but there is one for sonarr (which I can't find a note that it is officially V3)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Takes No Damage posted:

Nthing Calibre for ebook library management. It's basically the Plex of ebooks, and it has every feature you could need.

However, for downloading ebooks, there's a Sonarr like program called "Lazy Librarian" that is hot garbage. I had it running as a container on my quad core Xeon server with 16GB of RAM and it brought my server to it's knees. Also the problem is that there's no standardized metadata/naming convention for books like there is for movie/TV releases (even though there's ISBNs, but they aren't used but ebook groups). It's a tall order to automatically find and download specific titles. I recommend against using it for downloads, and just get them manually. Calibre supports a hot folder, so just dump them in the hot folder (maybe add an "ebook" config on Sabnzbd or your torrent downloader to download to the folder).

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Anyone else get this? (aka is this legit)

NZBgeek info@nzbgeek.info via sendgrid.me
Jan 22, 2021, 9:18 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Hey Geek,

Below is your activation link for the new NZBgeek site.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Apparently they decided to relaunch the site after someone managed to install a keylogger on it: https://old.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/l19mjl/nzbgeek_the_site_returns/

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I got the email too and was a bit worried about the activation link. Gonna give that a moment to flesh itself out.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

TraderStav posted:

I got the email too and was a bit worried about the activation link. Gonna give that a moment to flesh itself out.

I got the email as well.

You can go to the website and click the recover login link and get a fresh one. They made it so your API key (after resetting) is now your password. Also added 2fa auth as well.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I followed the reddit thread and decided to go ahead and activate on the new site. New API key is working fine.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is the OP up-to-date? I'm currently using a Sonarr/Radarr/Deluge setup for torrents but getting annoyed at the inconsistent download speeds and so many downloads stuck doing nothing so thinking about add/switching to usenet.

I'm currently looking at Newshosting/Nzbgeek with a Sonarr/Radarr/Nzbget setup - are these good recommendations? Also googling setup guides as it looks like there's a bunch of configuring to do.

edit: actually, scratch that - doesn't look like nzbgeek is accepting registrations

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 25, 2021

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

nzbgeek just relaunched their site like yesterday after hacks on the old one, they'll probably reopen for new members soon. Drunkenslug is another indexer I've had good luck with

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Enos Cabell posted:

nzbgeek just relaunched their site like yesterday after hacks on the old one, they'll probably reopen for new members soon. Drunkenslug is another indexer I've had good luck with

Sorry for breaking the 'no invite discussion' rule in the thread title but I've been itt for about 14 months now and I've not seen Drunkenslug open for invites during that entire timeframe. Seems kind of odd to recommend it to people when it's not available for year(s) at a stretch. Not trying to attack you or anything, just that it gets mentioned a lot as a good indexer but its not really accessible.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That Works posted:

Sorry for breaking the 'no invite discussion' rule in the thread title but I've been itt for about 14 months now and I've not seen Drunkenslug open for invites during that entire timeframe. Seems kind of odd to recommend it to people when it's not available for year(s) at a stretch. Not trying to attack you or anything, just that it gets mentioned a lot as a good indexer but its not really accessible.

Sorry, didn't even realize they weren't open for invites! Those are the only two indexers I use so afraid I can't suggest anything past that.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

That Works posted:

I see them get mentioned as being open on Reddit every once in a while but thats been it.

I've been more than happy with NZBGeek despite apparently their atrocious security.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've been more than happy with NZBGeek despite apparently their atrocious security.

It feels like I have a ton of problems with Geek and NZBHydra, but it works really well with everything else.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Diddler posted:

It feels like I have a ton of problems with Geek and NZBHydra, but it works really well with everything else.
Are you using NZBHydra1 or NZBHydra2? I can't say I've had problems with Geek in NZBHydra2. The one I DO have problems with is my SimplyNZBs account for whatever dumb loving reason it keeps getting disabled in Hydra2 but it's also a pretty crummy indexer even though I have a lifetime account there so whatever, maybe I need to adjust Timeout values or something.

Anyways just re-activated my Geek and seems to be working. Glad it's back. DrunkenSlug is great and the only one I pay monthly for, the rest are lifetime or free but NZBGeek being out of commission for awhile was definitely very noticeble for my search results, it's a real heavy hitter.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 25, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

nzb.su is apparently open for registrations at the moment

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 28, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Skarsnik posted:

nzb.su is apparently open for registrations at the moment
It's open but there's no free account to really test out hits which is a bummer even just to see if it's panning out that other indexers don't provide. Kinda at that point I'd rather pay $10 euros/yr for DrunkenSlug over $15 usd/yr for nzbsu. I prefer to keep Indexer yearly costs down to a minimum, not much reason to go overboard as far as I know. I've got a Lifetime for NZBGeek + SimplyNZBs and may consider throwing in another lifetime subscription to NZBPlanet (not sure if it's worth it tbh, I think Geek probably has the same poo poo they do), and then just keeping a single yearly sub to DrunkenSlug.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 25, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I seem to get about even off slug and nzb.su looking at hydra.

e: I gave up on dog ages ago, the api is trash and it gets disabled half the time

Nzbcat seem ok too?

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 25, 2021

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Looks like abnzb.com and nzbnoob.com still have free registration open. They both seem to just be newznab so I'm not sure if there's anything special but I sign up for most of the nzb sites that open up and just keep a free account in case they go away. Abnzb claims they might wipe free accounts that don't log in once a month, but I don't think I do that and I've had an account for a year, but it doesn't seem to get hit that much. Spotweb still works if you want to run your own thing as well, although it's a little clunky and seems to have a lot of subtitles for the Netherlands.

I'm still sore that nzb.su went back on the lifetime accounts. Mine's still got time on it but I'm salty about it.

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 26, 2021

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Xaris posted:

Are you using NZBHydra1 or NZBHydra2? I can't say I've had problems with Geek in NZBHydra2. The one I DO have problems with is my SimplyNZBs account for whatever dumb loving reason it keeps getting disabled in Hydra2 but it's also a pretty crummy indexer even though I have a lifetime account there so whatever, maybe I need to adjust Timeout values or something.

Anyways just re-activated my Geek and seems to be working. Glad it's back. DrunkenSlug is great and the only one I pay monthly for, the rest are lifetime or free but NZBGeek being out of commission for awhile was definitely very noticeble for my search results, it's a real heavy hitter.

I'm on Hydra2. I think I got it fixed yesterday, but I won't know for sure until some content is released.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I camped r/usenetinvies for a few months last year and it seems like you can pretty regularly get invites for Dog, Cat, Slug, Simply and Planet indexers. Most of those will be either trial or 'free' accounts that have restricted grabs and API calls, but may still be worth doing if you just want to check out a provider before laying down cold hard bitcoins.

I just checked my Geek access through Hydra2, it checked out fine, is the API URL the same and I still need to log in to the new site and 'recover' my account? Oh just checked my own email, sounds like once you sign in to the new site it rolls your API key to the new system?

e:
Yeah just went through it, old API works until you log in, then get your new API 👍

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 27, 2021

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Odd question but I've seen enough people doing something like it. What kind of Raspberry Pi would be enough to run Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, NZBHydra2? I think I've got a Pi 3 right now.

anchorite
Sep 22, 2009
I ran sonarr/radarr/sabnzbd and pihole all at the same time on a raspberry pi 3B+ for a year or so. As long as you don't mind slow nzb unpacking/repair/etc it performed OK while it worked, but it ended up corrupting (beyond recovery) the SD card I was running it on. A quick google shows that this is a common issue people run into when doing a lot of writing to the SD card.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

anchorite posted:

I ran sonarr/radarr/sabnzbd and pihole all at the same time on a raspberry pi 3B+ for a year or so. As long as you don't mind slow nzb unpacking/repair/etc it performed OK while it worked, but it ended up corrupting (beyond recovery) the SD card I was running it on. A quick google shows that this is a common issue people run into when doing a lot of writing to the SD card.

I’d probably just run it all in containers and try to do a weekly backup of the config files in case of that.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
I run radarr + sonarr + sabnzbd + tautulli + overseer on my Pi 4. Runs great! I use a regular external HDD to store all my userdata for the apps. Downloads of 1080p files go much faster than if you were writing to the SD (I cap mine at 40mps and it constantly hits this) and unpacking takes just a few mins.

DietPi makes this all super easy and automatically optimizes for the hardware - definitely recommend!

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Irritated Goat posted:

Odd question but I've seen enough people doing something like it. What kind of Raspberry Pi would be enough to run Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, NZBHydra2? I think I've got a Pi 3 right now.

As others said, 3 and above should be fine.