Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl/

The 2021 NFL Pro Bowl Celebration presented by Verizon on ESPN and ABC is an all-access pass to the game's 88 best players. The show, which begins at 3PM ET on January 31 on both ESPN and ABC will include round table discussions with NFL Legends, the best from the week's Verzuz matchups and top highlights from throughout the season.

The NFL and Verzuz are partnering to bring fans NFL Pro Bowl Verzuz presented by Verizon. In a first-of-its-kind viewing experience, NFL Pro Bowl players will face off virtually using the Verzuz battle format to determine who has the best career highlight reel.

Eight Pro Bowlers. Four head-to-head matchups. The ultimate career highlight competition. Tune in every night during Pro Bowl week (Tuesday, 1/26 - Friday, 1/29) at 8 PM ET to catch all of the action! And be sure to check back in for more details, including player and match-up announcements.

1/26, Verzuz Night #1 – players TBC
1/27, Verzuz Night #2 – players TBC
1/28, Verzuz Night #3 – players TBC
1/29, Verzuz Night #4 – players TBC

Don't watch any of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

more like the poo bowl

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Madden is only good to watch if you get to see the players doing big meltdowns in discord and asking to restart the season because they threw a bunch of picks, claiming saying gg is condescending, liveposting the piles of cocaine they're doing while playing, descending into antisemitic rants, etc etc etc and it doesn't seem very TV friendly

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Madden sucks, make them play Tecmo Super Bowl.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Replace Pro Bowl weekend with this:

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1349401285670428673

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

RIP to the stadium where the Bucs won their first and only Super Bowl.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember how bad watching NBA players play 2K ended up being? Just saying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
BAR BEE QUEUES SUCK BWAHAHAHAHAHA HUFF MY SHORTS, NFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

RIP to the stadium where the Bucs won their first and only Super Bowl.

It was a dump but I have so many memories there.

The first game my granddad ever took me to was vs the Bucs, oddly.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Whoever decided on the name for Verzuz should be kicked in the genitals

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Athanatos posted:

1/26, Verzuz Night #1 – players TBC
1/27, Verzuz Night #2 – players TBC
1/28, Verzuz Night #3 – players TBC
1/29, Verzuz Night #4 – players TBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw&t=53s

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So both of Brady’s parents caught Covid earlier in the season and the dad was hospitalized for 3 weeks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Buckle up...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1353782796347715590?s=20

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

QB Key Party lfg

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Beyond Rodgers' vague talk after the loss, is there any actual reason to think he'll move? Doesn't look like his contract is cumbersome to GB as is, or easy to get out of. Are they going to lose a lot of other players as FAs that will make the roster fall apart or something? I don't see what he or the team have to gain by him leaving, but maybe missing something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I'm glad Drew is Locked in

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sourdough posted:

Beyond Rodgers' vague talk after the loss, is there any actual reason to think he'll move? Doesn't look like his contract is cumbersome to GB as is, or easy to get out of. Are they going to lose a lot of other players as FAs that will make the roster fall apart or something? I don't see what he or the team have to gain by him leaving, but maybe missing something.

Frankly if anything it sounds like Rodgers was talking about potentially retiring, not moving to another team. He always struck me as someone who would walk away early instead of going out as a broken husk.

I expect the Packers to only lose two notable pieces of the team (center Corey Linsley and RB Aaron Jones) this offseason, and the team has already drafted a replacement for Jones. If Rodgers doesn't come back it won't be because the roster has fallen apart.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Spoeank posted:

QB Key Party lfg

Smiling as I reach in and hoping for a deshaun key only to tremble in horror as I pull up the trubisky key

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Rodgers will leave is at this point just speculation for speculation sake.

Which is weird there are two good QBs with much more solid foundations for leaving you can talk about.

Though aWatsons been at it for a bit so it might be boring

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

really queer Christmas posted:

Smiling as I reach in and hoping for a deshaun key only to tremble in horror as I pull up the trubisky key

The Trubis-key

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

SKULL.GIF posted:

Frankly if anything it sounds like Rodgers was talking about potentially retiring, not moving to another team. He always struck me as someone who would walk away early instead of going out as a broken husk.

I expect the Packers to only lose two notable pieces of the team (center Corey Linsley and RB Aaron Jones) this offseason, and the team has already drafted a replacement for Jones. If Rodgers doesn't come back it won't be because the roster has fallen apart.

Talking about retiring could easily be leverage to get his team to trade him, with 3 years left on his contract.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
From the last thread:

quote:

The Lightning Thief
1 year ago
The best part is how he lands and gets up like some weird Madden physics thing lmao.
I've watched this repeatedly and it's mesmerizing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
N:

V:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The Trubis-key

NVKey

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/ndywillis/status/1353778475270885378?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Get Blaine Gabert a ring.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Get Blaine Gabert a ring.

Blaine Gabbert getting a ring before Cam Newton isn't something I would've imagined a few years back.

Please destroy them, Patrick.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can someone slip a strawberry into Brady's stem cell cocktail so this nightmare can end and he ages a decade in 5 seconds.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
TFF posters 15 years from now will only remember Trubs for the SpongeBob game and will say Brady is no NVP.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Elephanthead posted:

TFF posters 15 years from now will only remember Trubs for the SpongeBob game and will say Brady is no NVP.

His love to kiss tittiess will never be forgotten.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Worst possible superbowl matchup. Ugh.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty happy with it TBH. Bills would have been cool too though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bucs-Bills would have had too much sadness potential.

At least here if Brady beats the Chiefs it's kind of whatever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is kinda fun.

https://twitter.com/DataWithBliss/status/1354065651569217539

Basically everyone plays some version of nickel most of the time now and that whole 4-3 or 3-4 thing means even less than it used to. Which isn't exactly news, that hasn't meant a ton in quite a while. I just thought it was interesting to see it laid out in chart form and just how often 5 DBs are on the field.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If the Chiefs win, is Mahomes already a HoFer?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

yeah

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

As a Colts fan, I have learned my lesson in calling young amazing QBs future HoFers.

but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mahomes is already the greatest quarterback I've ever seen, he's the Barry Sanders of quarterbacks just doing poo poo that shouldn't be possible all of the time.