Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

post about our liberal hellhole here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CR2rxRMcTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Gavbot has decided he's tired of all the reactionaries who will always hate him being mad about shutdowns so he's gonna OPEN 'ER UP

https://twitter.com/ZavalaA/status/1353571262593789954

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its all worth it for the food

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
its been super hot and dry in california and our state is going to burn down mega-time boogaloo 69 this year

last year was 3rd driest year on record baby and so far this year we're at like 20% of typical precipitation

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I moved out of the golden state last year and while I miss a lot about it seeing how they're handling covid makes me lol

Also california has its own deadlier covid strain, that owns

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Xaris posted:

its been super hot and dry in california and our state is going to burn down mega-time boogaloo 69 this year

last year was 3rd driest year on record baby and so far this year we're at like 20% of typical precipitation

But the atmospheric river

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
https://www.ggweather.com/seasonal_rain.htm

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Xaris posted:

I think the January fire danger was recently reduced thanks to the atmospheric river event we're currently/about to experience

land slides hoo!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mayor Dave posted:

But the atmospheric river

the great things about atmospheric rivers it may provide a NUMBER increase to precipitation but its a flash-flood event that doesn't soak into the ground and heal trees n long-term plants nad just results in flash-grass that instantly dries up and dies in a month and then burns. all jsut runoffs too no aquifer replenishing either. absolutely useless loving event thats marginally only good for replenishing some reservoirs

burn baby BURN

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
a hot take here but i gotta say it. gavin newsome is hot with a big dick.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Reality Protester posted:

a hot take here but i gotta say it. gavin newsome is hot with a big dick.

back off bitch. i sucked his BIG dick first

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

absolutely

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

even our fleshlights in california are better. :ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca::ca:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Xaris posted:

the great things about atmospheric rivers it may provide a NUMBER increase to precipitation but its a flash-flood event that doesn't soak into the ground and heal trees n long-term plants nad just results in flash-grass that instantly dries up and dies in a month and then burns. all jsut runoffs too no aquifer replenishing either. absolutely useless loving event thats marginally only good for replenishing some reservoirs

burn baby BURN

In the ministry for the future LA gets destroyed by the atmospheric river for exactly this reason lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mayor Dave posted:

In the ministry for the future LA gets destroyed by the atmospheric river for exactly this reason lol

oh i should read that. i do love me some KSR

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Wow! Governor Musk!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

San Diego sucks, I miss and love it very much.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Senator Eliang Musksteink

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I work in education and Oakland unified is having a zoom call to talk about reopening *safely.* Extremely rad and cool

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

it cannot be understated how much it owns to live within walking distance of like 10 taco shops that all offer the same stuff with subtle differences in the construction and salsas

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Yossarian-22 posted:

I work in education and Oakland unified is having a zoom call to talk about reopening *safely.* Extremely rad and cool

lol my fiance works for a private elementary school here in berkeley and they've been open t/th for like the last 3 months and now moving to t/w/th

because you know, kids can only catch covid on mondays and fridays

gently caress mondays

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
they at least test everyone in the school on tuesdays and get results back friday every week after week

i guess that's better than nothing

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Zisky posted:

San Diego sucks, I miss and love it very much.
LOL this reminds me, the latest in SD Unified's incredible saga of outright contempt for the mere concept of public oversight

https://twitter.com/SaraLibby/status/1353734861266235396

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
California both owns and sucks

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The recall is still going to roll on because Newsom definitely is going to piss off his base and we're going to have a repeat in 2003 with everyone in Hollywood and Big Tech running for governor.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bawfuls posted:

LOL this reminds me, the latest in SD Unified's incredible saga of outright contempt for the mere concept of public oversight

https://twitter.com/SaraLibby/status/1353734861266235396

Biden nominated the superintendent of SDU for Deputy Education Seccy a few days ago lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The recall is still going to roll on because Newsom definitely is going to piss off his base and we're going to have a repeat in 2003 with everyone in Hollywood and Big Tech running for governor.

governor the rock :swoon:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Really looking forward to governor elon musk diverting all highway funds to boring useless tunnels through seismically active areas

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Arnold wasn't that good but goddamn did he crush Tom McClintock's heart and threw it off the stage.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

as a dumbass 19 year old "libertarian" I voted for Arnold in the recall election, what a waste!

looking forward to the cornucopia of excellent joke candidates to chose from this time around

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mayor Dave posted:

California both owns and sucks
thats true

nobody in america hates california like californians do

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Arnold wasn't that good but goddamn did he crush Tom McClintock's heart and threw it off the stage.
tom mcclitcock sucks rear end and why is he still in power

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Xaris posted:

governor the rock :swoon:

I can't believe that Andrew Yang is gonna be both Mayor of NYC and Governor of CA at the same time. :negative:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Watching Portland turn into LA has been a soulcrushing experience.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

my bony fealty posted:

its all worth it for the food

They have food other places too y'know...

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Brunchsuccs will never turn on Newsom.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ardennes posted:

Watching Portland turn into LA has been a soulcrushing experience.

Looks like the dream of the 90s was to move to LA

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bawfuls posted:

as a dumbass 19 year old "libertarian" I voted for Arnold in the recall election, what a waste!

looking forward to the cornucopia of excellent joke candidates to chose from this time around

Name a better governor than Arnold :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Zisky posted:

Brunchsuccs will never turn on Newsom.

Retired angry boomers and disgruntled lower class workers have more motivation to vote than succlibs.