Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The sheer amount of practical effects and creature design work for a film this size is wild. I know that's Kostanski's bread and butter but he didn't leave anything on the table here. Just a remarkable achievement.

Also the end credits music is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Psycho Goreman completely fell off my radar in the past few months, totally forgot about it. Can't wait to check it out.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

When is it coming to Shudder? I thought they got the distribution rights.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

tonedef131 posted:

It's doing drive-ins and VOD right now. It comes to blu ray on March 16th. So probably February or March.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tonedef131 posted:

Sometime in spring. VOD always tends to get these things first I think

Same happened with The Dark and the Wicked, which premiered on VOD in November and is showing up on Shudder this time next month

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I have Shudder and I still poneyed up for the rental. I'm also definitely buying whatever physical release Raven Banner comes up with for this because I need to own it forever.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'm probably going to watch Psycho Goreman tonight. It is on Amazon Prime for rental, but you have to search for it.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Lodger (1944) is a fantastic Jack the Ripper movie. Now I need to watch the Hitchcock version.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I just finished Psycho Goreman and there’s a lot to love, but I couldn’t get over how it was basically a very adult episode of Power Rangers. Like a poster above said the costumes and effects were loving great and the movie itself was fun, but I really wished it had taken itself more seriously. Or just like cut out the parents entirely and give PG more (yes more) screen time.

And yeah, the credit music is awesome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spatulater bro! posted:

The Lodger (1944) is a fantastic Jack the Ripper movie. Now I need to watch the Hitchcock version.

Its not a GREAT film but its one of the better silents I've seen and really shows Hitchcocks' brilliance and innovation right from the start. There's one trick he uses in particular that feels decades ahead of itself.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yoohoo posted:

I just finished Psycho Goreman and there’s a lot to love, but I couldn’t get over how it was basically a very adult episode of Power Rangers. Like a poster above said the costumes and effects were loving great and the movie itself was fun, but I really wished it had taken itself more seriously. Or just like cut out the parents entirely and give PG more (yes more) screen time.

And yeah, the credit music is awesome.

I get you, but this is not the filmmaker you want if you're after a project that takes itself overly seriously, or seriously at all.

I didn't love the parents but I think they had their place as kind of charming fuckups. If you're doing a sendup of 80's kids action/adventure you kinda need those characters in there to play off the kids, and some of the moments with the dad are the funniest poo poo in there, imo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm still trying to buy a download/stream over here in the UK and I might just have to VPN to get it done.

As above, I'm not sure this film was ever going to be remotely serious looking at the trailers :v:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm watching Psycho Goreman and so far it's really good.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I'm watching Psycho Goreman and so far it's really good.

Gonna watch this tonight.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

flashy_mcflash posted:

I get you, but this is not the filmmaker you want if you're after a project that takes itself overly seriously, or seriously at all.

I didn't love the parents but I think they had their place as kind of charming fuckups. If you're doing a sendup of 80's kids action/adventure you kinda need those characters in there to play off the kids, and some of the moments with the dad are the funniest poo poo in there, imo.

I'm not saying I wanted it to be *serious*, but the only other thing I've seen by him is The Void. Obviously from the trailer Psycho Goreman was going to be a totally different movie, but I thought it could have been more serious while still being over the top fun. Everything PG says is hilarious, him interacting with the kids was perfect. The council of aliens (whatever they called themselves) was hilarious and great. But I thought the idiot parents pushed it too far into dumb and goofy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Psycho Goreman is good. The end credits rap really seals the deal for me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yoohoo posted:

I'm not saying I wanted it to be *serious*, but the only other thing I've seen by him is The Void. Obviously from the trailer Psycho Goreman was going to be a totally different movie, but I thought it could have been more serious while still being over the top fun. Everything PG says is hilarious, him interacting with the kids was perfect. The council of aliens (whatever they called themselves) was hilarious and great. But I thought the idiot parents pushed it too far into dumb and goofy.

I guess I just appreciate that it leans all the way into absurdity in every artistic decision, even the parents reactions and dialogue. The parents were dumb as hell in a way I found endearing, I suppose, and goofy in a way that was entirely consistent with the world they inhabit here.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

In the October Challenge! I hope you can make it :) for everyone who missed the thread:

bummed I missed this, my cat got sick and had to be put to sleep so I wasn't exactly in the mood that night :(

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I'm so sorry to hear that, your poor kitty :sympathy:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gey muckle mowser posted:

bummed I missed this, my cat got sick and had to be put to sleep so I wasn't exactly in the mood that night :(

Noooo! :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I'm very sorry this happened. :(

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I'm sorry. :( RIP to your beautiful kitty.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1171151256838168577

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

make it an even 100.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Psycho Goreman is like a really off beat live action Invader Zim episode.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 27, 2021

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

truth :love:

thanks all, she'd been having health issues for a while so it wasn't completely out of nowhere, but still happened quicker and sooner than expected.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sorry about your catte, horrorpal!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

thanks all, she'd been having health issues for a while so it wasn't completely out of nowhere, but still happened quicker and sooner than expected.

Quality cat.

Condolences for your loss.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Love to you GMM, so sorry ❤️

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

What a gorgeous girl, I'm so sorry for your loss

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Possession, Amer, and that difficult fourth spot is currently occupied by All That Heaven Allows, which is a Douglas Sirk/Rock Hudson/Jane Wyman melodrama. Horror wise though I think it's a tie between Alucarda and Neon Demon. I definitely have a thing for emotionally disturbed female leads

e: Speaking of which, if anyone has any emotionally disturbed female lead recs, I will love you forever

As always I will promote Excision

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!

Kazzah posted:

Seconding this promotion!

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Kazzah posted:

Oh I loved Excision, it was delightful. Any film which involves sex in a pool of blood is perfect

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Oh I loved Excision, it was delightful. Any film which involves sex in a pool of blood is perfect

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hostel Part II has the scene for YOU!

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Maybe that will finally be my push to actually watch those movies

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Hostel 2 also has class warfare. It's a much better film than the first one.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hostel II does what The Purge tried to do. They're both not great movies but they're sniffing around the same ground.

If you must watch the Hostel movies, dont watch 3. I beg of you.

I couldn't even finish it it was that bad. It was like a off-brand Hostel movie made by someone with a camcorder and fifty bucks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This figure is sick af.

ironic buying toys from it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna buy one, but then I saw that it didn't come with any bubblegum <:mad:>