Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nah but really though, that did freak me out for a sec to get more votes piling on except then I remembered Ref was already trying to call it a 'bandwagon' when I agreed to add just one more vote to Sci's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I dont like that pig move either, but my gut meta says that's a standard pig play with familiar.

Too early to tell, but at this point I'm almost interested in the ref flip for analysis.

Buttttt I'd also vote sand I just feel like I might be misreading them again.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

Nah but really though, that did freak me out for a sec to get more votes piling on except then I remembered Ref was already trying to call it a 'bandwagon' when I agreed to add just one more vote to Sci's

I’ll admit that was probably unfair. I had it in my head this was a 9-player game for some reason without checking the player list so I thought a second vote was putting me at -3, not -5. Guess we got there eventually, though, so I don’t feel that bad. :)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I might have forgotten about this game on Sunday, and now that my sleep schedule is “fall asleep at 5am” I uh oops am here now.

The ref case makes sense to me, in as much as any day 1 case does, but I think me voting for ref right now would be pretty sloppy. Let me cook a food first...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That seems like standard pig moves to me. We will know if he’s scum when he starts hoarding spice point to unleash vigs at a crucial point

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont like that pig move either, but my gut meta says that's a standard pig play with familiar.

Too early to tell, but at this point I'm almost interested in the ref flip for analysis.

Buttttt I'd also vote sand I just feel like I might be misreading them again.

With familiar reasons for them placing the vote*

Incomplete thought alert!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sorry to interrupt important Mafia play but...

The desert I chose to make was a weird sort of British dish called Eton mess, I don’t really do deserts usually and my wife is the baker but I thought I’d try this out as it’s meant to be easy. Not really seasonal but whatever. My wife tried to convince me to buy ready made meringue but seeing as that’s the only bit of baking in this recipe I thought it was a bit cheap.

Firstly I started with:

2 eggs, double cream, a packet of strawberries, caster sugar and icing sugar (I ordered regular icing sugar but it got substituted for fondant icing sugar, seemed to work fine though).

First I separated the egg whites and whipped them up, I tried to do it by hand to begin with but soon gave up and grabbed the electric whisker. I think I over-whisked them as well but they turned out okay after I put the caster sugar in.

It was at this point I regretted not using a larger bowl as whisking the sugar in sprayed meringue and sugar everywhere. I also made the mistake of dumping all the sugar in at once so it took ages to get the meringue to stiff peaks again.

The meringue was then dumped onto a baking sheet and baked for an hour until set.

I then whipped the double cream with 2 tsps of icing sugar until stiff, roughly chopped the strawberries and smashed up 3/4 of the meringues. 2/3 of the chopped strawberries were then mixed with the cream and smashed meringue while the remainder were blended into a sauce.

(Imgur keep flipping my images for some annoying reason)

The sauce was then swirled into the mixture, and the mixture spooned into bowls, the remainder of the meringue was then crushed and sprinkled on top to finish off the dish.

Was actually really tasty, could have maybe done with some more strawberries. Actual words from my wife’s mouth: “this is the best Eton mess I’ve ever eaten”.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would eat five bowls of that

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

That seems like standard pig moves to me. We will know if he’s scum when he starts hoarding spice point to unleash vigs at a crucial point

That sounds like a town CPig move actually

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The drive by vote by CPig is a null tell in my opinion.

A bit wary at the how many people are jumping on ref when they see a bit of momentum on him, seems opportunistic, although this post from him is giving me a serious headache

Referee posted:

So yes, I was conscious of my lack of participation, but “overly so” is entirely in the eye of the beholder. That said, I intentionally didn’t respond to your vote at the time you placed it because I wanted to see if you’d come back to this.

I think the more telling piece is your first paragraph. In a chill game like this, I suspect scum are likely to be somewhat more uncomfortable with pushing false cases, and here I think you’re saying more about yourself, friend Sci, than you are me. :) So this vote isn’t an OMGUS as much as it is a recognition of the dynamic at play here.

##vote Scientastic

I know it’s been pointed out already but I really don’t understand what you are trying say here?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I mean I guess you are saying he’s acting uncomfortable pushing you as a fake case but his post doesn’t come across uncomfortable to me

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I know it’s been pointed out already but I really don’t understand what you are trying say here?

I’m saying in a very relaxed game like this, scum needed to really grasp at straws to get a misdunk moving, and Sci’s case on me was both in bad faith and opportunistic.

Separately, I’ll note that Sci has completely disappeared since then.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

And also, I just made those Marshmallow Clouds of Hal’s and they are very good. Pictures coming soon.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Anyway I’ve completely neglected the mafia side of this game and now I have to sleep so will be missing deadline. Let’s see the flip and we can judge from there.

##vote ref

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Whew boy I do not like those last few posts from Obama.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Twelve person game, figure three scum. Sci, Obama and ?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

I’m saying in a very relaxed game like this, scum needed to really grasp at straws to get a misdunk moving, and Sci’s case on me was both in bad faith and opportunistic.

Separately, I’ll note that Sci has completely disappeared since then.

I think he is in England so weird time zone thing

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol at voting me for voting for the strongest lovely day 1 case

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

CapitalistPig posted:

Looks at vote count...

:thunk:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Seems like a weird callout for your single voter

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

You know it’s a lovely case but are happy to vote it. Noted.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Referee posted:

You know it’s a lovely case but are happy to vote it. Noted.

It's day 1 all cases are lovely, we need a flip and some night actions to analyze

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Seems like a weird callout for your single voter

Now laughing at a person voting you is weird. Let me add that to my list of arbitrary mafia rules.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Now laughing at a person voting you is weird. Let me add that to my list of arbitrary mafia rules.

That list is long and distinguished

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

I think he is in England so weird time zone thing

Yeah it's getting kinda late over there

I don't think the Referee case is that lovely but I'm more bothered that there's not much else being talked about. I'm hoping some fun night actions will kickstart us into poo poo getting real tomorrow. So far apart from not liking Referee's replies, the only real read I'm actively feeling is a townread on IA surprisingly. It's weird, the last few games I think I've been getting his vibe more.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anyway, here's Wonderwall Hal's Marshmallow Cloud cookies:

Dry ingredients ahoy! (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda)

Sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla. Things were looking great at this point...

...and then I realized that 2 cups of chocolate chips were NOT one 10 ounce package. Fortunately we had some white chocolate chips around the house, so we improvised!

When the recipe says "batter will be very stiff," it is not joking. This clump of dough almost caused my 1980's handheld electric mixer to give up the ghost.

Into the oven...

...and all done! I cooked mine longer than the recipe- I think my dough balls were probably too big. This recipe made 34 cookies plus some extra unincorporated crumbly dough that I tossed. Way more cookies than I need, so most of these are going to the in-laws.

Good stuff! Thanks again, Hal!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah my handheld mixer had a lot of trouble too

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Notes as I attempt not to become the apathy dunk here:

RF has one non-cooking game-related post.
So does Rhymes With Clue. GGN doesn’t really have any.

I’m aware Sci is in a different time zone, but I don’t recall them saying anything about not being around for deadline and dropping that “case” and leaving doesn’t feel good. Same with Obama’s vote. If I had to pick a third scum right now, it’s probably one of the lurkers/content lurkers. I’ll guess RF (even though their cooking has been great!)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

In fairness, Sci’s cooking has also been incredible. Realized I didn’t explicitly state that. You are all much better cooks than me. :)

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Totally non-cooking-rleated post incoming.

IA did not lament rolling town
IA defended CapitalistPig against my (admittedly lame D1) vote.

Hmmm...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Totally non-cooking-rleated post incoming.

IA defended CapitalistPig against my (admittedly lame D1) vote.

Hmmm...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, I am grasping too. I have trouble with D1 votes and not much in the way of meta. The only people I would have unabashedly grudge-voted based on my last game here are (1) not here and (2) the mod and those would have been jokevotes anyway, I am not that sore a loser.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Rhymes With Clue posted:

This is actually sort of an interesting catch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

This is actually sort of an interesting catch.

If it turns out IA is scum this will be delicious

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol wow

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm not scum but yikes, I better always lament not rolling scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
That sounds salty, but I genuinely had a good laugh at that and had to confirm for myself that I didn't make an intro post.

Lol I cant be caught that easily. I CAN be misslunched that easily.

I dont know if I've ever flipped as scum on a d1. That's just bad luck.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

one sec

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont know if I've ever flipped as scum on a d1. That's just bad luck.

One way to find out :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I made the egg sandwich but I didn't have bacon.

Or bread.

So here's my eggwich:

Start off with pan and espresso for baby

Take egg

Smash yolk

Repeat one more time

Then, take egg
Smash yolk
(add milk, scramble)

Take egg

Egg!