Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Bouillon Rube posted:

So is there really no way to get screenshots onto my PC/phone other than Twitter?

It’s shockingly stupid that screenshots and clips can’t be sent to a usb drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is there a way to turn off achievements?

Every one of them loves to pop up and play a noise during a cutscene and I hate it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s shockingly stupid that screenshots and clips can’t be sent to a usb drive

They can, it's an option in the gallery view.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Is there a way to turn off achievements?

Every one of them loves to pop up and play a noise during a cutscene and I hate it.

Yes. Go to notifications in your settings

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

man nurse posted:

Yes. Go to notifications in your settings

LOL I completely ignored that setting because Android broke my brain.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bouillon Rube posted:

So is there really no way to get screenshots onto my PC/phone other than Twitter?

the app is the only other way just send the pics to anybody on the console and you can d/l them on the phone

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Rolo posted:

For those that got their 5 from Best Buy drops online with store pickup, is the estimated pickup date usually right or are they sometimes prepped early?

Cause I have the next couple days off and it’s gonna be raining here so it’d be nice.

Mine was ready one day early. They didn’t update the estimate; I just got the “it’s ready!” a day early.

Of course, that was the day after a windstorm and we had no internet for 6 days :doh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ShaneB posted:

Fenyx Rising is a surprisingly passable Zelda clone. I did get mega bored with Zelda after maybe 20 hours, however, but after 5 with Rising it's the first large world game of the type I can play for a few hours and want to keep playing. My gaming sessions are usually pretty short as I get bored, but there is a clear path to progress the story and a bunch of odds and ends to do along the way.

I got to the main "upgrade your dude or dudette hub" and thought it felt kinda clumsy in terms of game design, but whatever. It accomplishes what it needs to. It was odd to upgrade like every aspect of your character at once after the introduction to the game mechanics, but i guess it just wants to give you access to all your main attacks and powers at once and you go from there. I felt like the intro few hours gives you enough currency types to power yourself up in a way that is satisfying without overdoing it.

Anyway. If you can find it used for like 30 to 40 bucks go for it, I think. Good time sink adventure game that my partner likes watching me play as well which is a good aspect.

this game is actually on sale on amazon right now for $30 and i just cant decide if i want to get it or not, seems like people are mostly enjoying it tho

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Mine was ready one day early. They didn’t update the estimate; I just got the “it’s ready!” a day early.

Of course, that was the day after a windstorm and we had no internet for 6 days :doh:

My “check status” link now has the barcode! I’m wondering if I’ll get lucky too.

Can’t wait to ditch this piece of poo poo PlayStation 4 so I can play Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

this game is actually on sale on amazon right now for $30 and i just cant decide if i want to get it or not, seems like people are mostly enjoying it tho

Oh sure go for it. You can probably sell it locally for 30 if you don't like it, or when you're done.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just wanna let people know, the downloaded version of Hitman 2 on a PSnow 7 day trial does indeed work for accessing the levels in Hitman 3. You can delete Hitman 2 after.

I except this bug feature to be removed post-haste

In the mean time I’m having fun with Hitman 3 but I’ve encountered 2 crashes so far with no discernible cause. The game completely freezes, but the PlayStation OS is working fine. You can just close the game down and weirdly it does it without issue. Odd

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I move Shadow of the Tomb Raider to the internal memory will that significantly improve the loads? They're just so slow from my HDD. I know putting it on the internal is not a magic trick though cause it might also be having to do with how the loading is programmed.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
SSD is going to be noticeably faster than HDD in basically all cases, but it won't be the seemingly magical speeds that can be accomplished with streaming from storage like native PS5 games can do. It'll be more like having it on an SSD on your PC.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Volte posted:

SSD is going to be noticeably faster than HDD in basically all cases, but it won't be the seemingly magical speeds that can be accomplished with streaming from storage like native PS5 games can do. It'll be more like having it on an SSD on your PC.

Depends on the game, Monster Hunter is a night and day difference between being on a HDD and SSD.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

boz posted:

Depends on the game, Monster Hunter is a night and day difference between being on a HDD and SSD.

Speaking of which, I just downloaded MHW from the PS Plus collection-- do I need to get Iceborne now or can I play a while before it becomes relevant? Am I making a mistake jumping into this game now?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RichterIX posted:

Speaking of which, I just downloaded MHW from the PS Plus collection-- do I need to get Iceborne now or can I play a while before it becomes relevant? Am I making a mistake jumping into this game now?

You're not making a mistake, the game is very much still active. Find some friends to play it with. You can wait on Iceborne for the moment, it's gated for the endgame, but it's also extremely good DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JycMIKonIZ4

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The only thing Iceborne gives you that isn't endgame content is the clutch claw, a seemingly extraneous device I'll probably never learn how to use :waycool:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

As someone who both turns vibration off on every game yet also really enjoyed Astro's, I couldn't uninstall it fast enough after reaching the end. As simple as it is, some of the controller gimmicks are awful (the spaceship section was dire) and so I'm honestly shocked so many people have plat it. It's fun for one go but would be intolerable a second time.

The game leans hard on all the UI functions so getting a platinum is super easy. Load up the game control center, see what areas isn’t 100%, select it and it’ll show you what you have left AND also has a video hint of where the collectible is AND it’ll quick load that specific section.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
As someone with a lot of gunpla, I think I'd know what deconstruction of a mecha would look like.

:classiclol:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wrong thread

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Aidan_702 posted:

Just wanna let people know, the downloaded version of Hitman 2 on a PSnow 7 day trial does indeed work for accessing the levels in Hitman 3. You can delete Hitman 2 after.

I except this bug feature to be removed post-haste

In the mean time I’m having fun with Hitman 3 but I’ve encountered 2 crashes so far with no discernible cause. The game completely freezes, but the PlayStation OS is working fine. You can just close the game down and weirdly it does it without issue. Odd

I already started playing Hitman 3. If I do this and unlock the levels, do I lose all my progress in Hitman 3 or would that only apply if I actually made any progress in Hitman 2?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Jose Oquendo posted:

I already started playing Hitman 3. If I do this and unlock the levels, do I lose all my progress in Hitman 3 or would that only apply if I actually made any progress in Hitman 2?

Not sure what you mean - this acts completely the same as just purchasing the hitman 2 access pass while in hitman 3. It’s just like getting DLC. No progress is lost or any stats change or anything like that.

You start hitman 2 on PSNow (make sure it’s downloaded rather than streamed), agree to the usual online policy, start any level. Then back out, open hitman 3 and the Hitman 2 access pass is all of a sudden free. You can delete the PSNow hitman 2 immediately from your hard drive.

:edit: I don’t think any progress from Hitman 1 or Hitman 2 if you have them is carried over to 3

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah progress is only carried over if you choose to do it, just unlocking the levels won't have any effect on your Hitman 3 progress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FF7R gonna be so dope on the PS5 (I think?) at least loading times right?

Good thing I’m only like 1/4 through

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I dunno if they've patched anything about the one that's already out, but future installments at least should hopefully not have characters that pop-in thirty seconds late.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd double dip on FF7R if they do a PS5 version.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it would need at least one chunk of additional content for me i think

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

it would need at least one chunk of additional content for me i think

just a gallery mode so you can look at Cloud in all the different dresses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

They hid a lot of loading behind slow rear end walking parts that you still sadly need to do

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm hoping it gets a PS5 patch to help with the asset streaming. Maybe the door and the flowers won't look like butt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

They hid a lot of loading behind slow rear end walking parts that you still sadly need to do

Yeah, this is one of the dev strategies that dates the game as a supremely 2010's project. I still loved every second, but a PS5 version would need all that animation stuff sped up quite a bit or removed entirely in order to justify its existence. imo it's just a humble part of its design, just as fitting for how weird Remake is in the contemporary dev environment compared with some of the workarounds used in '97 to get the original game working.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 26, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

The only thing Iceborne gives you that isn't endgame content is the clutch claw, a seemingly extraneous device I'll probably never learn how to use :waycool:

It's been hard to learn, but it might be one of the single most powerful items in the game. I've seen too many kanjinames just straight up brainfucking mons with that thing to disregard it yet

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

the app is the only other way just send the pics to anybody on the console and you can d/l them on the phone

You just copy pic and vids onto any USB stick plugged into the PS5.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so, given that the MGS voice cast is currently 'doing something', and that Bluepoint has been rumored to be working on something like MGS for a bit, the question remains: original Mei Ling or revised Mei Ling? :haw:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bluepoint doing Twin Snakes would rule.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really do hope Bluepoint is doing a re-remake. They've proven themselves by doing full blown remakes with SoTC and now Demon's Souls. I wonder if they can remake a game while also adding new, expanded content to it, or tweaking it so that first person shooting view doesn't break the game like it did with Twin Snakes. Adding a more modern over the shoulder shooting style would be pretty cool. It worked really well when they added it to Snake Eater 3DS.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I really do hope Bluepoint is doing a re-remake. They've proven themselves by doing full blown remakes with SoTC and now Demon's Souls. I wonder if they can remake a game while also adding new, expanded content to it, or tweaking it so that first person shooting view doesn't break the game like it did with Twin Snakes. Adding a more modern over the shoulder shooting style would be pretty cool. It worked really well when they added it to Snake Eater 3DS.

Yeah I think the main thing would be to double down on the gamefeel and snappy arcade elements of mgs1 rather than adding more simulation elements from later in the series that would increase dissonance with the original sort of larger than life comic-book feel.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

We already had one MGS remake and it wasn't very good. After Demon's Souls kicked so much rear end I want to see Bluepoint doing an original game, feel like their talent is being kinda wasted doing cover versions of other people's games.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just break the gently caress out of the game, I already played MGS1 a billion times.

Let me start with the invisibility camo and infinite ammo headband and I’ll just go around clowning on genome soldiers for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
how about a game box that has a port of mgs1 with better controls & camera, maybe better graphics, and also includes a total remake in the fox engine, basically the best idea anyones ever had.