Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just break the gently caress out of the game, I already played MGS1 a billion times.

Let me start with the invisibility camo and infinite ammo headband and I’ll just go around clowning on genome soldiers for hours.

That's what the VR Missions disc is for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If they remade MGS1 how would they do the back of the box thing for digital users

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
MGS1 completely overhauled to use the MGS5 engine with PS5 optimization is the dream game.

The top-down gameplay just isn't worth redoing a second time, imo.

poo poo, just add Twin Snakes as a bonus.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Not a Children posted:

If they remade MGS1 how would they do the back of the box thing for digital users

plz read the digital manual

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just let me rocket jump and then rocket shoot a Hind-D in 4K/120.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Not a Children posted:

Snake! The frequency was lost years ago but you smuggled your phone in your stomach, didn’t you? Just use a search engine!

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
can i buy a ps5 yet? for the retail price, in a retail store, in a normal retail transaction at any given time of any given day

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Nope. Check back in around August or so.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can i buy a ps5 yet? for the retail price, in a retail store, in a normal retail transaction at any given time of any given day

Nope. I tried like 4 drops using discord and mine is just now (probably) on the way this week.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Necrothatcher posted:

We already had one MGS remake and it wasn't very good. After Demon's Souls kicked so much rear end I want to see Bluepoint doing an original game, feel like their talent is being kinda wasted doing cover versions of other people's games.

metal gear kart

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

metal gear kart

listen buddy, I refuse to support metal gear kart until I get Unkarted and The Fast of Us :colbert:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Necrothatcher posted:

We already had one MGS remake and it wasn't very good. After Demon's Souls kicked so much rear end I want to see Bluepoint doing an original game, feel like their talent is being kinda wasted doing cover versions of other people's games.

Eh, I remember them making a Vita spin off the Arkahm games as an original game. It ran well and looked good, but it was lacking in most other areas.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Whoever picks David is immediately on a list.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bluepoint has never proven they can do anything other than make technically more proficient versions of other peoples games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Bluepoint has never proven they can do anything other than make technically more proficient versions of other peoples games

that's basically how you learn game design tho

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i disagree

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

if they haven't figured it out in like what fifteen years im not sure they gonna ever

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why would you take the best remake team off of the remake projects?

Have you people learned nothing from Hollywood handing zillion dollar franchises to guys who make insurance company commercials?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know that Bluepoint will never be able to do a New Vegas remake because Bethesda are embarrassed about how much better it is than their Fallout games and want to bury it forever but that is my ultimate remake fantasy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Casnorf posted:

i disagree

You think Sony just pulls AAA studios out of they rear end? Gradually building teams of people that work well together on complex projects takes forever, this is why the transition period in gen 7 was such a loving drag, but it's also why so many of those same efforts paid dividends during gen 8, because all those teams had been through the poo poo. Not every studio has the benefit of having started out during the late 90s when the average dev team was under 10 people.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Escobarbarian posted:

I know that Bluepoint will never be able to do a New Vegas remake because Bethesda are embarrassed about how much better it is than their Fallout games and want to bury it forever but that is my ultimate remake fantasy

Microsoft owns Bethesda and Obsidian so I doubt we see another awful Bethesda game in that franchise. A full remake from the Obsidian team is not out of the question.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
How about a remake of Metal Gear 1 instead of MGS1? I guess there isn't existing elements to remaster so Bluepoint can't do it?
I can dream

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You think Sony just pulls AAA studios out of they rear end? Gradually building teams of people that work well together on complex projects takes forever, this is why the transition period in gen 7 was such a loving drag, but it's also why so many of those same efforts paid dividends during gen 8, because all those teams had been through the poo poo. Not every studio has the benefit of having started out during the late 90s when the average dev team was under 10 people.

What are generations 7 and 8? What consoles do you mean?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Firstborn posted:

How about a remake of Metal Gear 1 instead of MGS1? I guess there isn't existing elements to remaster so Bluepoint can't do it?
I can dream

MGS1 was a remake of MG1

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lobok posted:

gen 7 is PS3, gen 8 is PS4

Only registered members can see post attachments!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gen 7 is sun and moon, gen 8 is sword and shield

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gen 7 is sun and moon, gen 8 is sword and shield

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lobok posted:

7 is Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

8 is Wii-U, Switch, Xbone, Xbonex, Xbones, XboneXS, XxbonesXs, and PS4

9 is PS5, Xbone Xbone Sbone, Xbone Sbone Xbone, XxxBone, SBoneX, NboneXS, BoxxboneboxS, XXXXXXXXXXXXS (bone), and BoneSeX

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Geo Fixer posted:

Microsoft owns Bethesda and Obsidian so I doubt we see another awful Bethesda game in that franchise. A full remake from the Obsidian team is not out of the question.

Ehhh Microsoft has already started saying that all of Bethesda's games will now be "First or Better on Xbox" so it's probably all timed exclusives from them as Xbox beta tests.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

7 is Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

8 is Wii-U, Switch, Xbone, Xbonex, Xbones, XboneXS, XxbonesXs, and PS4

9 is PS5, Xbone Xbone Sbone, Xbone Sbone Xbone, XxxBone, SBoneX, NboneXS, BoxxboneboxS, XXXXXXXXXXXXS (bone), and BoneSeX

LMAO

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

bp i just meant bluepoint haha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yeah but I mean sony gonna own them soon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Geo Fixer posted:

Obsidian is a ghost of itself.
Outer worlds lovers i have no beef with you but your game is lame

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I want Obsidian to remake NV now just to see how much they can hollow it out.

Outer Worlds plays like the theme park version of itself, where everything you see is actually just a couple of inches of brightly coloured plaster mouldings over some boring rear end utility buildings.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Real hurthling! posted:

Outer worlds lovers

i think those are just dyslexic outer wilds lovers

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

Obsidian is a ghost of itself.
Outer worlds lovers i have no beef with you but your game is lame

After Outer Worlds and Tyranny I'm convinced New Vegas was a fluke.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Outer Worlds was fun and I enjoyed it but yes it's not even in the same realm as New Vegas

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Outer Worlds was fun and I enjoyed it but yes it's not even in the same realm as New Vegas

I still think it's loads better than Fallout 3 or 4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Geo Fixer posted:

I still think it's loads better than Fallout 3 or 4

This is also true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not a Children posted:

Snake, the frequency is somewhere in your trophy list! It's in the description for the 4th hidden trophy, and the word I've heard is that hidden trophy details are viewable if you select the trophy and press the option button!

*TROPHY EARNED: HIDDEN TROPHY 140.15 - VIEWED THE HIDDEN TROPHY "HIDDEN TROPHY 140.15*

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 26, 2021