Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Thaddius the Large posted:

NEVER stick your dick in crazy. It can be a fun ride, but oh boy the downsides

On the flip side he can set himself up to join the TFF divorced crew in five years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Thaddius the Large posted:

NEVER stick your dick in crazy. It can be a fun ride, but oh boy the downsides

Yet everyone told me to date the horse woman I was talking to awhile back

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

Dog- or cat-person, I think we can all agree that horse-girls are loving nuts.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

This chick will prolly let you go bare back if you play it right. Get some youngblood.

FizFashizzle posted:

Hit it and quit it

Funny about that - she has "abstinent until marriage" in her profile :xd:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

Well yeah, how many opportunities do you get to bang a centaur.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

Addie got a xray. She’s fine. I’m just a helicopter parent.

Sent me home with antidiarrheals, probiotics, and orders to chill the gently caress out.

Look I didn't want to say this while you were unsure but our rescue got super, super sick a few months after we adopted her. We went to the vet and they said it was a blockage and she had to have surgery. Turns out, no blockage, just insane infection the whole way through her system. She got flushed totally out for a cool $5000. Not only did it save her life but it turns out she was food avoidant and pissy in large part because she felt super sick.

So yeah, good on you getting that looked at, because you just never know. And now she's a great family dog and I don't think about how expensive she was too much!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dango Bango posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mWiswHqmuc

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dango Bango posted:

lol, I guarantee you she's more conservative than she lets on. She just doesn't want to scare you away.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So she's going to be bad at sex and never have any motivation to improve :v:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Addie got a xray. She’s fine. I’m just a helicopter parent.

Sent me home with antidiarrheals, probiotics, and orders to chill the gently caress out.

Great! Sucks to lose the cash, but she’s your baby and now you have that peace of mind. Totally normal to be a helicopter parent early on.

You’ll get more keyed into her health over time and know better when to get her to the vet and when to wait things out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Look I didn't want to say this while you were unsure but our rescue got super, super sick a few months after we adopted her. We went to the vet and they said it was a blockage and she had to have surgery. Turns out, no blockage, just insane infection the whole way through her system. She got flushed totally out for a cool $5000. Not only did it save her life but it turns out she was food avoidant and pissy in large part because she felt super sick.

So yeah, good on you getting that looked at, because you just never know. And now she's a great family dog and I don't think about how expensive she was too much!

Thank you for respecting my fears.

Dango Bango posted:

She’s lying.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 26, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Time to Play Post

General Dog posted:

In the 1910s my great grandad got taken out by a railroad man with group of people from Waco to West Texas where he offered them square mile plots of worthless land that the railroad owned, kind of like a modern day timeshare pitch. He basically just felt obligated to buy a section since they guy had taken him on a free trip. 100 years later- a new oil lease and basically free money for my dad and his siblings/cousins. What a world.

More or less what my family did around the same time period but in Canada. Shits weird.

Intruder posted:

My family also owns land with several oil wells

too bad they don't own the mineral rights!
Yeah my family got mineral rights so dodged that bullet.

Leperflesh posted:

This is why the long-term thread advises people to avoid financial advisors. I really hope Rinaldo's is good, maybe they are, and maybe the situation is complex enough that it's worth it... but gosh so many people come into that thread and report that they (or their parents, sadly) have been frittering away a percent or two for decades for one of these loving leeches and it's so, so sad.

Maybe I use the wrong term, but I get a relationship manager from the regional corpo office through my account at my bank since my net worth is enough they assign one rather than just the people at the teller. Because I'm with a large multinational bank that has portfolio managers, I got assigned one when I decided to invest through them. The guy's an actual stock broker so I feel a little better with him doing things than just some advisor. Maybe I'm being taken for a ride, but every quarter they sit me down and do a power point presentation for me on how my stuff's doing, and match it vs what the rest of the market is doing :shrug:

I'm doing ok. Not like Spoeank become a kept man ok but I'm lucky enough I don't have to worry about my retirement.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 26, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm glad Addie is gonna be ok :ohdear:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

well well well a lot of landowners and oil barons in this thread. I think it's time we flip this here wall situation around

Patches of dirt out in the middle of nowhere with someone else's oil wells churning all day, what luxury

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Patches of dirt out in the middle of nowhere with someone else's oil wells churning all day, what luxury

Too late now, wall-up-againster

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

Too late now, wall-up-againster

spidermanpointing.jpg

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had an ex-girlfriend who described herself as moderate, then about a year and a half in says "I'm actually super conservative, I only said moderate because I didn't want to scare you away." So, I'm only speaking from experience, I guess.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

Thank you for respecting my fears.

She’s lying.

Yeah lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There are people who are absolutely abstinent until marriage but I doubt many of them are on Hinge

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

There are people who are absolutely abstinent until marriage but I doubt many of them are on Hinge

Vaginally abstinent until marriage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

I remember the days of Tinder and "Not here for hookups!" was on like half of my matches.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Its Rinaldo posted:

spidermanpointing.jpg

The oil baron points at the man who owns vast tracts of land

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

also no it's not illegal to naked short stocks, lol

It is actually! made illegal post 2008 crash, it's just not enforced very well according to investipedia.

Leperflesh posted:

This is why the long-term thread advises people to avoid financial advisors. I really hope Rinaldo's is good, maybe they are, and maybe the situation is complex enough that it's worth it... but gosh so many people come into that thread and report that they (or their parents, sadly) have been frittering away a percent or two for decades for one of these loving leeches and it's so, so sad.

Yeah, I've also spent the last like twenty years reading SEC investigative reports, and gulag for every last one of them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Note that this person bought in with $744,735.

He started with $50,000 originally so it seems to show way back

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

U S A

U S A

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1353512152263503873?s=19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Don't worry, that number can only go up as more people die! :downsrim:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Don't worry, that number can only go up as more people die! :downsrim:

Not if Dango Bango does his part with Hinge girl

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Also Robinhood is not a phone only app.

Oh word? As of two years ago all they had was an app, maybe they finally made it possible to trade from a PC.
e. yeah they have a web app now.

Kalli posted:

It is actually! made illegal post 2008 crash, it's just not enforced very well according to investipedia.

Ahhhh, we're talkin' about two different things, now I look it up.

It's totally legal to purchase a short stock position while not holding any shares of the stock. As opposed to a covered short position, in which you short a stock which you own shares of. I don't think doing covered shorts in this manner is very common for retail investors. It's much more common to use uncovered options contracts, e.g., "naked puts" "naked calls" to speculate.

What you're talkin' about is the practice of shorting a stock, when the existence of the underlying shares are not confirmed. Retail investors don't really have a way to do this, if you short a stock via your broker the brokerage is going to make sure there are existing stocks available to cover your position, somewhere.

Truth though, I had never heard of that, nor heard it called "naked shorts", hence my assertion. It's insane it was ever legal tbh.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's like getting literacy up in Victoria 2

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, you gotta put up with this poo poo too Blindsite?

https://twitter.com/hil_clix_pix/status/1353842769354100737

Probably not really I'm imagining, at least nothing like here. But how damned stupid do you have to be to be an Australian proud boy? Like, extra stupid I mean.

e: I mean I know you guys have plenty of your own poo poo, just I imagine most of it is more home grown.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 26, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If I ask my landlord what the square footage of our apartment is, do you think he's going to immediately know that we're house shopping?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

If I ask my landlord what the square footage of our apartment is, do you think he's going to immediately know that we're house shopping?

You rent from a place that has any online presence to prospective renters? Like their own site or something that shows up on those things where you search for apartments?

If so you can probably find your specific layout and square footage there.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Grittybeard posted:

You rent from a place that has any online presence to prospective renters? Like their own site or something that shows up on those things where you search for apartments?

If so you can probably find your specific layout and square footage there.

Our apartment is listed on Zillow despite not actually being on the market, but the square footage isn't listed :sad:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

Our apartment is listed on Zillow despite not actually being on the market, but the square footage isn't listed :sad:

My house was sold last May on Zillow based on "public records" despite the fact that it's absolutely false.

Not sure if that's something I need to correct but it creeps me out nonetheless.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A thread

https://twitter.com/WyattDuncan/status/1353811399542099969

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Prime avatar material right there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jesus loving Christ.

https://twitter.com/VaushV/status/1353963299809890304?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, you gotta put up with this poo poo too Blindsite?

https://twitter.com/hil_clix_pix/status/1353842769354100737

Probably not really I'm imagining, at least nothing like here. But how damned stupid do you have to be to be an Australian proud boy? Like, extra stupid I mean.

e: I mean I know you guys have plenty of your own poo poo, just I imagine most of it is more home grown.

Yeah but even right wing people think they're retarded. They had harsher lock downs than we had in QLD so there's a few extra crazies gettin' about. He's kind of asking to get his head punched in where he went though.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What is a fleet, in that context?

Edit: nm, read the thread. Claudia needs a new home and Kellyanne needs a prison cell.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Claudia put out a video confirming the leak happened. Like, I was pretty sure Kellyanne Conway was already a felon, but now she's definitely guilty of disseminating child pronography.