Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dice Throne is a head-to-head arena-style battler where players choose among sixteen heroes and face each other with cards, dice, and yahtzee-like mechanics. The art is gorgeous, gameplay is fun and fast, and the game's production values are legendary. It's pretty easy to grasp for anyone who can read card text, and has a great mixture of strategy, probability-guessing, and press-your-luck dice rolling.

The game so far has two "Seasons," each with eight heroes, and a mega-expansion called Dice Throne Adventures which transforms the arena battler into a co-op semi-legacy campaign full of secret unlocks and upgrades.

Dice Throne can be bought either in two-hero packs for around $20, or - if available - in big "Battle Chests" that contain all eight heroes in a giant box.

SEASON ONE / SEASON ONE RE-ROLLED

Season One was released a few years back - it's an impressive game and still playable and compatible with anything newer. Recently, it got updated and expanded into Re-Rolled, which includes two new heroes, updated trays/cards/boards, and some balance fixes to bring these characters in line with Season Two (and honestly each other). I'd go with Re-Rolled if you're just getting into the game, but the original can work just fine (or with a few tweaks/notes for Dice Throne Adventures).

BARBARIAN - Complexity 1/6. A simple, straightforward, and powerful bruiser who's all about damage and healing.
SHADOW THIEF - Complexity 5/6. A character that uses some of the game's core mechanics - cards and combat points - in novel ways, hiding, poisoning, and striking for massive damage.
MOON ELF - Complexity 2/6. A relatively simple character who makes precise attacks while using buffs and debuffs to evade damage.
PYROMANCER - Complexity 3/6. All offense, no defense, with a momentum mechanic that encourages them to stay hot
PALADIN - Complexity 5/6. A defensive- and buff-oriented character that I'd personally place at 6/6 complexity. Playstyle is to block damage and buff, before delivering strong attacks.
MONK - Complexity 4/6. A blend between evasiveness and self-buffing; flexible and well-rounded, but not simple to play.
NINJA - Complexity 2/6. An evasive character that builds up damage and defensive buffs.
TREANT - Complexity 5/6. A newer character in the season who builds, nurtures, and expends companion spirits to achieve victory. Also a good team player.

(Put link to S1->S1R Changes here)

SEASON TWO

Season Two's characters are a bit less iconic but altogether cool. You can see the lessons learned from Season 1's designs here. Among other things, you can see that there is more of an emphasis on 'team players' who can buff their allies as well as themselves.

GUNSLINGER - Complexity 2/6. An evasive, pretty straightforward bounty hunter with some echoes of Moon Elf from S1.
SAMURAI - Complexity 2/6. An extremely straightforward character focused on dealing damage and reducing incoming damage.
TACTICIAN - Complexity 5/6. Extremely flexible in playstyle; has a lot of tricks but not really able to dole out much damage. A great team player, though.
HUNTRESS - Complexity 4/6. A 'tanky' player able to make tons of damage just disappear. Has a pet tiger.
CURSED PIRATE - Complexity 4/6. A 'transforming' character that switches from a pirate to a quickly-self-destructing skeleton that lays out massive harm.
ARTIFICER - Complexity 6/6. Not really as hard to manage as you'd think. Builds, enhances, and uses a trio of robots to deal damage and heal.
SERAPH - Complexity 3/6. A winged, holy angel with all the stuff that entails. Has Flight as a major mechanic, which is as good as it sounds
VAMPIRE LORD - Complexity 3/6. A blood-drinking menace that can mesermize their foes and heal the damage they lay out.

DICE THRONE ADVENTURES

I kind of can't believe this exists. You need characters from previous seasons to play; they band together to assault minion-infested "Portal Crawls" interspersed with massive Boss Battles. It's fully cooperative, with the enemies' decisions all made via extremely simple rules. Over the course of the campaign, characters get new cards to upgrade their decks and unlock legacy content to enhance replay value. It's honestly a crazy thing, but it's pretty drat awesome - we've had a blast with it already at our house.

You can also get kickass minis (painted or unpainted) though they are an extravagance only used in about half of Dice Throne Adventures's play time.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Changes from S1 to S1 Re-rolled - apart from the obvious changes in boards, cards, etc., a helpful Facebook Community Member went through all the balance changes on a post.

Pyromancer
Nerf: Meteor Gain 2 Fire Mastery down from 3.
Nerf: Hot Streak II CP cost increased from 1 to 2.
Both: Scorch deals 6 damage instead of FM*1.5.

Shadow Thief
Nerf: Shadow Dance(&II) deals Pure damage instead of collateral.
Nerf: Pickpocket CP stolen from opponent limited to 1.
Nerf: Pickpocket II limits CP stolen to 2.
Nerf: Insidious Strike (&II) gives 1 less CP.
Nerf: Carducopia no longer causes opponent to discard a card.
Even: Shadow Shank no longer removes all status effects.
Nerf: Wild Shadow! CP cost raised from 3 to 4.

Monk
Buff: Fist Strike deals 6/7/8 damage instead of 4/6/8.
Both: Fist Strike II deals 7/8/9 dmg up from 5/7/9. No chi gain. Costs 1 less.
Both: Fist Strike III deals 7/8/9 dmg up from 5/7/9. Costs 1 less CP. Requires 4 of a kind to inflict Knockdown instead of 3.
Buff: Fist of Harmony deals 1 more damage.
Buff: Fist of Harmony II costs 1 less CP.
Buff: Lotus Strike now deals undefendable damage by default (no need to spend 2 chi)
Nerf: Lotus Strike II deals 1 less damage. Also chi gain is 6 instead of max.
Both: Way of the Lotus changed from: increase max chi stack by 1 and gain max chi to: deal 2 undefendable damage, gain Evasive and 2 chi.
Both: Tempest Rush can inflict Knockdown on roll value of 13 or more. Changed from: spend 2 chi to reroll 1 of the 3 dice.
Buff: Tempest Rush II spend 1 chi instead of 2 to reroll 1 die.
Buff: Fist of Tranquility gives 1 additional chi.
Nerf: Ultimate only gives 6 chi instead of max chi (slight nerf)
Both: Serenity II & III cost reduced 1 each but can no longer inflict Knockdown.
Both: Way of the Monk gives 1 less Evasive but deals 1 more damage. (Leans more towards nerf)
Nerf: Combo Strike II deals 1 less damage.
Nerf: Meditate II gains 6 chi instead of max.

Moon Elf
Buff: Longbow deals 4/5/7 dmg instead of 3/5/7.
Nerf: Exploding Arrow, the amount of damage an arrow deals is 1x per arrow instead of 2x.
Both: Exploding Arrow III opponent loses 1x CP per Moon instead of 2x. Arrows also only deal 1x dmg per Arrow instead of 3x. Foot does 2x dmg per Foot instead of 1x.
Nerf: Exploding Arrow II opponent loses 1x CP per Moon instead of 2x. Arrows also only do 1x per Arrow instead of 3x.
Nerf: Ultimate deals 1 less dmg.

Paladin
Unclear: Wording on Crit has been changed.
Buff: Retaliate (&II) gives 1 more CP. Retaliate II costs 1 less CP.
Buff: Holy Attack (&II)(small) deals 1 more damage.
Buff: Holy Light (&II) roll 1 more die to determine effect.

Barbarian
Nerf: Overpower II inflicts concussion on 10 damage instead of 9.
Buff: Sturdy Blow III costs 1 less CP.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 25, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Reserved because I can

Also please suggest changes/clarifications for my quick OP.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 25, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I guess I need to start the conversation, too -

What's everyones feelings on Dice Throne Adventures so far?

My boys and I are loving it. It's amazing it seems to work as well as it does. I'm getting frustrated with my own character, but that's my own drat fault because I was the dummy who picked Paladin. :v:

We finished the first Portal Crawl and entered the Barbarian battle with only 1 salve to our name. We got annihilated. Fortunately, on the second go, we managed to squeak by. Barely. I think we've figured out what to use our cards for now, though, and the next one should be easier, I expect.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Lost my first Portal Crawl (two-handing Paladin and Ninja) on the finish line (Poison suuuucks). Second run went much better and I'm thinking Paladin feels a little broken in this mode, if anything. Both times the Paladin's built in healing meant he ended over starting health, and the second time I ended up taking point with him most of the time and that still happened because Divine Defense is also very strong (especially when upgraded) and he managed to block most of the incoming damage despite running into mainly First Strike enemies. The Ninja, meanwhile, faceplanted four times and was the game-loser in the first run. She did, admittedly, get above starting health in the second run as well, but still needed to use a Salve at one point and part of that was a lucky tile roll. Smoke Bomb should do a lot of work in keeping her up, and did help some in the second run, but it's honestly not that easy to even get it. And she has a lot of damage in stacking Delayed Poison, which is not really ideal in a format where you'd really rather the enemy not even *get* a turn.

All of that said, I think it's still going to be significantly down to card play and getting the right rolls, which is always the case with Dice Throne. And I absolutely love it so far. It's everything I like about the head to head mode with even more variety and the draw of loot, plus the higher stakes of having much less health and having to potentially carry your whole game state through a dozen or more individual fights. (Albeit easier, simpler fights.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah - in the barbarian battle, it didn't feel like I could afford the Paladin's normal cadence of buff - strike as well as in Normal dice throne because Fallen Barbarian just oozes damage.

I was fine in the portal crawl at least :) I generally love Pally and hope I get my groove with him. My boys are playing Artificer and Seraph, and they're having much more success!

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Question for the thread - someone local is selling the Season 2 Battle Chest for $140. Is that anywhere worth it, and how much more do I have to invest if I'm more interested in the Adventures stuff?

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Heading into session four with my roommate, we're a Ninja/Pyromancer combo which has resulted in a different sort of playstyle where we hyperoptimize our hand to ensure we can kill things in one turn to avoid damage. Ninja has a 50/50 way to avoid damage but Pyromancer get smacked hard if she doesn't nuke things immediately.

Of course, when the nukes work out we get ridiculous outcomes like last game where both of us ended without a scratch on us and I got two legendary and one epic loot due to some crazy die rolls. I'm excited to use my deck now!

BinaryDoubts posted:

Question for the thread - someone local is selling the Season 2 Battle Chest for $140. Is that anywhere worth it, and how much more do I have to invest if I'm more interested in the Adventures stuff?

Pretty sure that's marked up. Reprints of the battle chests happen so if you're patient wait until those pop up.

The base game/battle chests are just characters, which you need to play Adventures.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Codeacious posted:

Pretty sure that's marked up. Reprints of the battle chests happen so if you're patient wait until those pop up.

The base game/battle chests are just characters, which you need to play Adventures.

Ahh, gotcha. Wasn't totally sure how the different sets fit together. Think I'll wait for Adventure to hit wider availability and decide from there, since the base duel game doesn't look like something my partner would really enjoy.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

BinaryDoubts posted:

You can get it direct from Roxley for $90:
https://shop.dicethrone.com/collections/all/products/dice-throne-br-season-two

Looks like they're listing the Adventures preorder from their site for $75, shipping supposedly in February. (but given that I have my Kickstarter stuff, that may well be realistic). Those prices obviously may not include shipping, especially if you live outside the US. but the retail price should be that or lower.

Note that you don't have to buy the characters as Battle Chests, they're just a bit cheaper (normally) in aggregate that way and you get a nice storage box. They're also sold separately as MSRP $25 packs of two. I went all in, so I've never seen the 2 character packs myself.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Codeacious posted:

Heading into session four with my roommate, we're a Ninja/Pyromancer combo which has resulted in a different sort of playstyle where we hyperoptimize our hand to ensure we can kill things in one turn to avoid damage. Ninja has a 50/50 way to avoid damage but Pyromancer get smacked hard if she doesn't nuke things immediately.

Of course, when the nukes work out we get ridiculous outcomes like last game where both of us ended without a scratch on us and I got two legendary and one epic loot due to some crazy die rolls. I'm excited to use my deck now!
My older son has two Epics now and the best I've got is one stinking Rare.

I put a few characters into my "no way" bucket for DTA. Pyromancer was top, and Cursed Pirate was second. I'm impressed that you guys are managing that, because that seems nuts to me!

On the other hand, it looks pretty great for Huntress. Predictable damage for Nyra, soaking giant hits, etc.

BinaryDoubts posted:

Ahh, gotcha. Wasn't totally sure how the different sets fit together. Think I'll wait for Adventure to hit wider availability and decide from there, since the base duel game doesn't look like something my partner would really enjoy.
I'm actually not sure how well DTA will work for people who are new to Dice Throne. You really need to understand the basics of the duel game so I'd at least try that a few times before going all-in if that's possible.

I usually don't love duel games, but this one just works for me. It's been my boys' and my go-to pandemic (lowercase-p) game.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 26, 2021

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I've never played DT before and so have been using my all-in on DTA to familiarize myself with the gameplay and the characters. Ran the first portal crawl with the Ninja and managed to beat it with a little bit of health remaining. I thought Ninja was "fine" but the 50% chance to either take no damage or take all of it felt swingy, especially since Smoke Bombs take some work to set up. Granted, once you have them, the FAQ says that you can fudge dice rolls on them with cardplay, so that makes a pretty huge difference as well, but it's still a lot to ride on a single roll.

Looking through the sets, I think I prefer the slightly more complicated characters from Season 2, although Treant from Season 1 also looks stupid fun. I always gravitate towards "pet" classes so Artificer and Treant are both looking like potential favorites, as does Huntress.

I can see how the game would sing in PvP also; I have nieces and nephews who really dig Magic (I'm a longtime lapsed player with no interest in returning) and I can *totally* see how this will be their jam once we're allowed to start meeting up again.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There's a bunch of characters with no direct defense, most of whom (but not all, see above re: Pyromancer) have some sort of status-based mitigation. But yes, it's swingy. I think it's honestly probably better in many respects than getting a few points of ablation on defense, though, because it can tank way more damage if you hit it, and it works on undefendable damage, too. And as you say, dice manipulation cards can be used on it if they have appropriate timing. Always assuming you can a) get them and b) they aren't removed by status removal (or worse, transferred to an opponent).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, saving dice modification cards for Evasive/Smoke Bomb/Flight or for breaking up harsh attacks is very powerful and you should absolutely do that.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this looks really cool and the overseas shipping is reasonably cheap.

i assume the battle chest is the best way to buy it? anyone got the minis, are they good? i'd probably be most interested in the co op version...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

CODChimera posted:

this looks really cool and the overseas shipping is reasonably cheap.

i assume the battle chest is the best way to buy it? anyone got the minis, are they good? i'd probably be most interested in the co op version...
If you can afford it, the Battle Chests are absolutely the way to go. The trays and storage are drat near perfect. The only reason I'd buy a 2-pack is to try the game out and get a feel for it.

I have the prepainted minis. Most are great, some merely good. Thing is, they are a definite extravagance - they are only used for half the DTA scenarios, since the other half is Boss Battles with no moving around. I got them because I knew my kids would love them but they are 100% skippable. (Unless you really love minis, in which case, go to town.)

edit:

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 26, 2021

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

dwarf74 posted:

If you can afford it, the Battle Chests are absolutely the way to go. The trays and storage are drat near perfect. The only reason I'd buy a 2-pack is to try the game out and get a feel for it.

I have the prepainted minis. Most are great, some merely good. Thing is, they are a definite extravagance - they are only used for half the DTA scenarios, since the other half is Boss Battles with no moving around. I got them because I knew my kids would love them but they are 100% skippable. (Unless you really love minis, in which case, go to town.)

I fully agree on the storage - both the Battle Chests and Adventures have awesome storage and it was a :gizz: experience to punch everything out and sleeve it up and have it all fit perfectly in each box. Hell, there's even a section in the manual on how to put things into the card storage tray in Adventures. I got the minis too but honestly they're 100% skippable and I wouldn't have missed them. Adventures even comes with standees for all the characters and given how little they'll be used I don't think I would have minded just using them. They're decent though and it was cool being able to get a painted option. Oh, and they're also bigger scale than most D&D/Warhammer type minis, so they might not work well for too many things other than Dice Throne.

I'm looking forward to actually trying the game out now! Are most of the classes pretty well balanced against each other for a couple of new players learning the ropes?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Vidmaster posted:

I'm looking forward to actually trying the game out now! Are most of the classes pretty well balanced against each other for a couple of new players learning the ropes?
Pretty good, yup! Nothing is ever perfect - and a few are often considered weaker or stronger - but just find ones that fit your mood. I change it up basically every game. Only thing I'd recommend is sticking to Complexity 1-3 characters on your first few games. They're no weaker, just more straightforward and easier to manage. The more complex ones require a bit more planning or knowledge of how the game flows.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Got to try our first game tonight - I tried pyromancer and my wife tried the barbarian. The game was pretty close but my wife won with a 20 damage large straight attack when I was at 18 life and she was at 14. Her concussion attacks definitely messed me up and left me without any resources a couple times! We both really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to trying out Adventures after getting a couple more games under my belt. It was nice that the basic turn structure is more or less the same as in Magic, and it’s a fun mix of randomness with strategy and deterministic actions when you need them. Being smart about using combat points and selling cards seems like it will take a few games to learn. The game also played pretty fast, probably 30 minutes for our first game.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yup, it's a nice, pretty fast game. Glad you and your wife had fun. :)

And yeah Yahtzee meets MtG is probably pretty fair!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Vidmaster posted:

Got to try our first game tonight - I tried pyromancer and my wife tried the barbarian. The game was pretty close but my wife won with a 20 damage large straight attack when I was at 18 life and she was at 14. Her concussion attacks definitely messed me up and left me without any resources a couple times! We both really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to trying out Adventures after getting a couple more games under my belt. It was nice that the basic turn structure is more or less the same as in Magic, and it’s a fun mix of randomness with strategy and deterministic actions when you need them. Being smart about using combat points and selling cards seems like it will take a few games to learn. The game also played pretty fast, probably 30 minutes for our first game.

One of the things I appreciate about the game is the Barbarian is the least complicated character, good as an intro to the game or for people who aren't big boardgamers...but he's also 100% on par with the more complicated characters in terms of effectiveness, probably stronger. Tough and hits hard. S'all you need sometimes.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

malkav11 posted:

One of the things I appreciate about the game is the Barbarian is the least complicated character, good as an intro to the game or for people who aren't big boardgamers...but he's also 100% on par with the more complicated characters in terms of effectiveness, probably stronger. Tough and hits hard. S'all you need sometimes.

Yeah, he seemed uncomplicated and it's nice only having two status effects to keep track of with him, but it didn't feel like either of our characters was vastly stronger than the other. I'll probably grab one of the 5 complexity ones next time just to see how different a more complex character is. The Treant looked pretty cool when I was looking at it, so I might give that a shot first and then try out a simpler character for our first foray into DTA.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My boys and I won our second Portal Crawl of the adventure, and wow was it a lucrative one. We started at 0 salves but ended at 3. My younger son got 3 unidentified Epics and I got the first Legendary of the campaign!

No idea if anything needs spoilered since none of this is technically locked but... I figure you can skip it if you really don't want to know anything.

Burning Effigy - 3 CP equipment. All my attacks also inflict Burn.

That's just nuts.

And finally my Paladin had a few good moments - one Ultimate using rerolls but no cards against a nasty Level 4 mini-boss, and just slaughtering the end boss through defense.

Goblin Horde. It limited my damage to 6, which, whatever, I only did 5. But between Retribution for 5 back and 3 more on the defense roll (woot divine defense III), Pally still knocked him down to 12 hp before the Artificer's turn.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 31, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I guess I will liveblog our DTA Campaign :v:

I guess this has some DTA spoilers, just really tiny ones? So skip if you're concerned.

My boys and I fought the Fallen Gunslinger last night. I don't think it could have gotten much closer.

After kicking his rear end for a few rounds, we had a run of bad luck and got down to 0 salves and 2 HP left. My Paladin had Burn (I gave it to the Gunslinger, but he drew a card which threw it right back into my face), so it was over if it got to me. We had the Gunslinger down to 12 HP, so we figured we had a slim chance if everything went our way.

My younger son had the turn before me, playing Seraph. He had 2 flight tokens, and we encouraged him to go for Purify - because if I was still on fire, that was it. He didn't get Purify, but got the old classic Holy Attack or whatever it's called. He dealt 6 undefendable, the Gunslinger wasted his last Evasion, so basically at this point we were hoping for a small Heal on his card draw.

Instead it gave us a Salve. So, mission saved there if we could survive Gunslinger's turn.

Gunslinger attacked the Seraph, so now, out of dice modifier cards, he needed to get Flight to work within two attempts. First Flight, he got double 6's, so we all high fived, and it was down to me.

I had both Crit and Accuracy, so needed to just do 5 and it was over. But of course, that's easier said than done sometimes on the Paladin. First roll, though, got me a natural Righteous Combat and then it was all over. 6 HP left, zero salves.

This is a fun game.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Extremely fabulous dice throne tournament? Drag Throne?

Yes, please.

https://youtu.be/jfNv1aLVSbY

(also, yes, I will continue bumping my own thread even if nobody replies. idgaf if it's effectively 'dwarf's dice throne blog')

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 5, 2021

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
I'm following along, thinking about buying in, so please do keep posting.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I finally did the Fallen Barbarian fight and got my rear end kicked. For some reason I could only roll well for his upgraded defensive rolls and some of his attacks. Not mine!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

malkav11 posted:

I finally did the Fallen Barbarian fight and got my rear end kicked. For some reason I could only roll well for his upgraded defensive rolls and some of his attacks. Not mine!
That fight is loving hard. My boys and I only won on the second try, ending up with zero remaining salves.

My only advice is to save everything you have to evade his attacks because he hits like a truck. It's very hard to mess his dice into oblivion, so evading back-end damage is how I'd use my wild cards, etc.

armorer posted:

I'm following along, thinking about buying in, so please do keep posting.
:tipshat:

snickles
Mar 27, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

(also, yes, I will continue bumping my own thread even if nobody replies. idgaf if it's effectively 'dwarf's dice throne blog')

Yes, please do. I’ve only managed to play once since getting my shipment, so I’m enjoying my purchase vicariously through your posts.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

snickles posted:

Yes, please do. I’ve only managed to play once since getting my shipment, so I’m enjoying my purchase vicariously through your posts.
Thanks! I should have another session or two down with my boys this weekend, I hope!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Just bought the Pyromancer vs Shadow Thief.

dwarf74 you are a bad influence!

snickles posted:

Same here. I want to see more battle reports!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Helical Nightmares posted:

Just bought the Pyromancer vs Shadow Thief.

dwarf74 you are a bad influence!

Same here. I want to see more battle reports!
I hope you love it! Those are really fun characters.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
My copy of Adventures just arrived with some extra goodies, so hopefully I'll get to unbox and mess with it this weekend.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
My eyeballs are swimming at this because it's late at night, these dice look lovely, and I want to buy all of it, so if I wanted to do that, what do I actually buy? S1 + S2 battlechest + Adventures?

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

The new S1 Battlechest would be what you want, along with the other two products you mentioned. I don't know if there's old S1 boxes floating around still.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

aldantefax posted:

My eyeballs are swimming at this because it's late at night, these dice look lovely, and I want to buy all of it, so if I wanted to do that, what do I actually buy? S1 + S2 battlechest + Adventures?
It's seriously just a satisfying game to look at, feel, sleeve, etc.

The current "basically all in except for weird poo poo" is....

S1 Rerolled Battle Chest
S2 Battle Chest
Dice Throne Adventures
(optional) promo packs for all the above

Roxley's site or your flgs are the best places to get all of them. Warning - they are truly massive boxes.

There's some, like, man vs meeple promos for DTA but wait for a convention at some point. Eventually. I hope.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Heh I bought them all on the site last month. So how massive are we talking? I have been needing to fix up a board game shelf.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

theironjef posted:

Heh I bought them all on the site last month. So how massive are we talking? I have been needing to fix up a board game shelf.
Imaginext and Goku added for scale.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I mean, they are large, especially in combination. But I speak as the owner of things like the Anachrony Infinity Box, Planet Apocalypse, Glorantha: The Gods War, and of course, OGRE Designer's Edition. So, I've had my standards for massive rejiggered. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

malkav11 posted:

I mean, they are large, especially in combination. But I speak as the owner of things like the Anachrony Infinity Box, Planet Apocalypse, Glorantha: The Gods War, and of course, OGRE Designer's Edition. So, I've had my standards for massive rejiggered. ;)

Same, what the my own garbage board game flavors, the Sentinels Big Box and the IDW TMNT All-in set. My board games right now look like one of the Dr. Pepper superbowl displays in a grocery store.