Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Went from being the poo poo to poo poo.

I'm kind of impressed though. When I got my plan back in like 2006, the thought of getting a subsidized iPhone with an unlimited plan for 30$ was insanity, even with the two 10$ a month increases since then. I've just started to see plans in the last couple of years that even came close. My wife who got in a little later and was paying a little bit more just jumped ship to a Tmobile plan because they were actually a little bit cheaper. I can't yet until they drop Prime, but when they do, I'm probably jumping ship as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

So nothing this week. Sweet deals.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
https://blog.tello.com/news/tello-and-the-t-mobile-sprint-merger

Tello is keeping the same rates. Here's a read if you're interested in the transition. I think My LG V30+ plus has all the doodads to use the network. Hope so at least.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Do you think we can still get our free membership for Quibi since it's now shutting down already?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Free postcard from postable worth 2.49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won $5 in their Amazon gift card giveaway though in the app.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Have any of you guys gone into the T-Mobile store to switch out to a new SIM card? I got the invitation do that but I'm thinking I'm going to stay on the Sprint towers primarily for now and then maybe do it later.

I'm able to get into my phone settings and block bands and force it on to T-Mobile bands, so I think I would have more flexibility by leaving the Sprint SIM in my phone until they finally force me to switch.

I failed at the amazon gift card thing. #sprintliferesults

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Free Bieber livestream!!! :woop: :woop:

Surprise gift from Dunkin later in the day, doesn't say when. Guessing $2 GC.

Free medium sub w any purchase at Firehouse subs, but it looks like you have to use it in person.

10 4x6 prints at Walgreens

$25 off flowers free ship at bouqs.com

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
It's 2021 and I just came to say that SERO to SWAC still works for any other morons that have ignored this thread for two years.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's 2021 and I just came to say that SERO to SWAC still works for any other morons that have ignored this thread for two years.

That's actually somewhat surprising but still fantastic news.

And yea, Sprint Rewards was actually a hell of a lot better than the T-Mobile ones, odd considering that T-Mobile was the ones to start this nonsense.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

T-Mobile has more users, so they probably had to devalue it faster.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
T-Mobile gives me two free donut holes per month.

Eat that Verizon customers!

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 4, 2021

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Apparently some plans are going to move towards being tax-inclusive, but it's a change to a new plan where the terms/benefits also change, so pay attention if your plan gets targeted. Possible hiccups sound like Hulu no longer being included and changes to video throttling ('max 1080p' even on Premium).

FAQ: https://delivery.sprint.com/m/u/nxt/migration/faq.html
Opt out ("within 30 days of getting your tax inclusive bill"): https://www.sprint.com/optout

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I wonder if they are changing my Prime account. If they touch that, I’d opt out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So opt out if we want to keep Hulu? I know the day is coming that my SWAC plan is going away...

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Haven't gotten any notice yet so SWAC may be safe. Guess we wait and see.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
By the way, our free Hulu plan works great in a browser with UB origin. I never get a single ad.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

moolchaba posted:

By the way, our free Hulu plan works great in a browser with UB origin. I never get a single ad.

My experience was that movies tended not to have ads, but tv was full of them.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

astral posted:

My experience was that movies tended not to have ads, but tv was full of them.

I watch movies and TV, you'll a momentary black screen for like half a second and then it keeps playing.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

moolchaba posted:

I watch movies and TV, you'll a momentary black screen for like half a second and then it keeps playing.

That used to be how youtube was for me until they fixed it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

This is me. Is SWAC basically the same thing? Will my rates change at all?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Blakkout posted:

This is me. Is SWAC basically the same thing? Will my rates change at all?

SWAC is better in every way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It was great for me, going from $55 a month and paying for Hulu+ and Amazon Prime to paying $55 a month and getting those for free was a no brainer. When I switched I got $20 Uber credit per month which was great until Captain Trips hit.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If you were interested in getting a T-Mobile SIM for the T-Mobile Network Experience (aka TNX), apparently you can request one via chat support now instead of having to go into a store during a pandemic. Self-service activation is apparently available online as of today, as well.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I still have an old phone (iphone 7Plus), my wife has the non-plus version.
My battery is for poo poo these days, and I know I can get one for $50 at best buy installed and limp along for another year with apps ceasing to be functional slowly, but I was thinking about getting a new(er) phone.
I'm looking at iPhone 8, X, XR, XS, etc. Probably nothing as new as an 11.

Im just thinking - if I were to buy an off-contract phone like an 8Plus, or something would I be better off getting a Tmo phone and having them convert me? or a Sprint phone and leaving it untouched?

I might be crazy but if I go to the Sprint app and look at options, they are all Tmo versions. I don't want to call Sprint/Tmo because they will invariably give me wrong information and end up messing up my plan.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My lease is about up. Any chance we'll see T-Mo do those $15/mo leases on the S20s anytime soon? I could do it now but uggghhhhhh $30/mo. :cry:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So I logged into my Sprint account to check upgrade credits and poo poo and... uh... I think my wife got yeeted off of the SWAC Premium? Site's a little unresponsive so it's a bit hard to tell. Looks like we're both on SWAC Plus @ $30/ea.

Also seems like we'll be ineligible for upgrade credits until we switch over to a TMo plan?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

So I logged into my Sprint account to check upgrade credits and poo poo and... uh... I think my wife got yeeted off of the SWAC Premium? Site's a little unresponsive so it's a bit hard to tell. Looks like we're both on SWAC Plus @ $30/ea.

Also seems like we'll be ineligible for upgrade credits until we switch over to a TMo plan?

Check the services page for the ten dollar a month premium service. They share a base plan nowadays.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

My lease is about up. Any chance we'll see T-Mo do those $15/mo leases on the S20s anytime soon? I could do it now but uggghhhhhh $30/mo. :cry:

Yeah, no way they start leasing, no way it’s profitable or the other 3 carriers would have done it at some point.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
T-Mobile sent me the new SIM for my phone. But after reading up on Reddit in the Sprint thread, apparently people are locked to T-Mobile towers and are unable to roam on Sprint towers.

Now I could just try the T-Mobile SIM and then contact support the flip me back to my Sprint SIM, but we all know they would screw up my swac account and then I would have a huge mess on my hands.

Long story short, I'm leaving my Sprint SIM in the phone.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea I have had no problem with my old Sprint SIM Roaming onto all sorts of towers I wasn't before the merge so I really don't care to swap to a T-Mo one anytime soon.

I do wonder though, if you swap sims, does it enable things like VOLTE that doesn't work on a non Sprint Branded phone before? My 2XL has not been able to do WiFi calling or VoLTE on Sprint ever, but my Essential Phone which was Sprint worked fine with that of course, even though internally both phones are nearly identical give or take.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

EdEddnEddy posted:

Yea I have had no problem with my old Sprint SIM Roaming onto all sorts of towers I wasn't before the merge so I really don't care to swap to a T-Mo one anytime soon.

I do wonder though, if you swap sims, does it enable things like VOLTE that doesn't work on a non Sprint Branded phone before? My 2XL has not been able to do WiFi calling or VoLTE on Sprint ever, but my Essential Phone which was Sprint worked fine with that of course, even though internally both phones are nearly identical give or take.

My Samsung S9 had VOLTE enabled before the merger.

I think your best to go find out on Reddit. Either try posting on the Sprint thread or find your exact model phone thread and see if anyone can chime in.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

EdEddnEddy posted:

My unlocked Google Store Pixel 3 uses VoLTE with a Sprint SIM. It was disabled by default and I had to enable it, though. Settings > Mobile Network > VoLTE.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Excuse me, sirs. This thread is solely for the discussion of $2 dunkin donuts coupons (valid with purchase of $1).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Oops.

This double post was brought to you by T-Mobile.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

moolchaba posted:

Excuse me, sirs. This thread is solely for the discussion of $2 dunkin donuts coupons (valid with purchase of $1).
The dunkin offer was a gift card not a coupon!

Nothin good this week though. Go spin the wheel.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

moolchaba posted:

Hi, friend! Make sure you get your $2 DD gift card today. No minimum purchase its just a free $2!

1 year magazine sub for .99

Got a local offer for a free game of bowling at Bowlero, AMF, or Bowlmor.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

moolchaba posted:

Hi again friendo. $3 starbucks dropped dropped as of this post. I like americanos. :shobon:

Also Free T-Mobile pet bandana. I liked their scarf a few weeks back!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Been trying for over 10 minutes and it keeps failing. What a piece of dog poo poo. The Sprint rewards were like a million times better. T Mobile sucks money balls.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

LorneReams posted:

Been trying for over 10 minutes and it keeps failing. What a piece of dog poo poo. The Sprint rewards were like a million times better. T Mobile sucks money balls.
Looks like they ran out after about 15-20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

T-Mobile rewards is overall pretty garbage, very garbage if you don’t have Shell stations or drink coffee but free MLB.TV is coming March 30th. No idea if they’re gonna give away The Athletic subscriptions again this year.