Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
lol, as a molecular biology goon I hate keto+keto people so much

like, no, you’re not eating ketogenic. There are people with serious medical disorders who eat actual ketogenic diets. You would have to eat like literal pounds of heavy cream and eggs and literally nothing else to meaningfully go into ketosis. You are just doing the Atkins diet, which is fine, I’m glad it’s working for you, but stfu. Stfu about how if your stomach lining touches bread you’ll die or ruin your diet, that’s not how any of this poo poo works

Paleo is even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ok Comboomer posted:

like, no, you’re not eating ketogenic. There are people with serious medical disorders who eat actual ketogenic diets. You would have to eat like literal pounds of heavy cream and eggs and literally nothing else to meaningfully go into ketosis. You are just doing the Atkins diet, which is fine, I’m glad it’s working for you, but stfu. Stfu about how if your stomach lining touches bread you’ll die or ruin your diet, that’s not how any of this poo poo works

Paleo is even worse

:haibrow:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Ok Comboomer posted:

Paleo is even worse

Yeah but check this out: paleo bacon 😎

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Planted a couple lemon trees I bought yesterday at the 'co. Gonna have a wrinkly old lemon celebration here!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SirPablo posted:

I put Bitchin' Sauce on my hot dog.

this is an unfamiliar euphemism

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

nwin posted:

So how about some recent stuff that’s very legit and worth buying? Minus the raspberry lemon muffins because I don’t want to die.

The tempura orange chicken in the freezer section is a reliable "gently caress, what should we make for dinner?" option. We tend to keep a bag in the freezer.

It also works nice as a crispy chicken base for when you want to make a sauce and just pour it over. (Gen tso/sweet n sour/buffalo)

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

toplitzin posted:

The tempura orange chicken in the freezer section is a reliable "gently caress, what should we make for dinner?" option. We tend to keep a bag in the freezer.

It also works nice as a crispy chicken base for when you want to make a sauce and just pour it over. (Gen tso/sweet n sour/buffalo)

I’ll have to check that out. We usually get the mandarin chicken from Trader Joe’s and it’s ok, but doesn’t have enough sauce.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

nwin posted:

I’ll have to check that out. We usually get the mandarin chicken from Trader Joe’s and it’s ok, but doesn’t have enough sauce.

We started getting this b/c going to TJ's during Covid was too loving crazy as the only one near us is right next to the college campus.

Captain Tightpants
Dec 26, 2006

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
My Costco has Campari for 22 dollars, which is the cheapest I've found. Bitter cocktails are back on the menu! I also got the ThermoFlask two pack of water bottles online for 30 dollars, an absolute steal. The new coupon booklet has them as 5 dollars off starting next month. Highly recommend. Food wise, I've been really enjoying the Milton's cauliflower crust veggie pizza. I can also eat half of it without feeling terrible. Wins all around.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Bland sons and daughters, burn them with spicy tenders

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

toplitzin posted:

We started getting this b/c going to TJ's during Covid was too loving crazy as the only one near us is right next to the college campus.

Every TJ's I've been to always has aisles that are way too loving small and even during non-pandemic times I hate going there.

Although my local TJ's is right next to Costco so the choice is easy in that case.

I'd deff go for some TJ's orange chicken now, though.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

Paleo is even worse

I told you guys this way earlier in the thread and here we are.

Like I said then: never tell people you are on a keto diet. Just tell them you are eating low carb and staying away from sugar. They instantly get on board. If you say you are doing keto you'll get responses like this.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

canyoneer posted:

Planted a couple lemon trees I bought yesterday at the 'co. Gonna have a wrinkly old lemon celebration here!

Watch out for lemon whores.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fartington Butts posted:

Every TJ's I've been to always has aisles that are way too loving small and even during non-pandemic times I hate going there.

Although my local TJ's is right next to Costco so the choice is easy in that case.

Imagine if costco children got shopper in training carts.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They’d be proportionate so, they’d be the size of regular carts from the supermarket. And the kids couldn’t possibly be worse at navigating turns or not logjamming near sample carts. So I say, why not

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Everyone's up for a Lemon Party!:buddy:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Lemon trees make excellent bonsai. I’m jealous. I found some citrus trees long after I ran out of space and budget for the season. Join us in the bonsai thread

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Imagine if costco children got shopper in training carts.

My kids love those at TJs. They also love the shopping cart at Lowe's that looks like a racecar, but the real treat is THE LUMBER CART. Stand on that bad boy and surf through the store

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody under the age of 18 should be allowed in stores.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nobody over the age of 65 should be allowed in stores.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Nobody should be allowed in stores. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm pretty lucky that our TJ isn't "big" but not small either; pretty good room for ~2.5 to 3 small-cart wide per aisle. I have definitely have some super narrow aisle stores around in various places and been to one in Boston that was just super loving tiny, so yeah I know those kinda suck. at least TJ has taken COVID 200000% more serious than anyplace else has even Costco's covid poo poo is an absolute joke. i'm actually liking being in a line more than being in a cramped store so my TJ here has been very pleasant (also helps that UC berkeley is doing remote poo poo so not a lot of college students around town).

Anyways TJ's orange chicken I feel has gone downhill in chicken quality sometime in the last several years. It used to be really good in like 2008-2016 but last several times I've got it has just been like gross offputtingly gristle-ly bits of chicken and feels like the chicken quality has plummeted big time using cheaper cuts of rando mystery meat. ive had to spit out my fair bit of chicken chunks that just wasn't right. and yeah not quite enough sauce. That said for a quick 2-4 meals orange chicken + rice meal for $5 that doesn't take a lot of freezer space you can't really complain about the price -- just i'd prefer they upped the price a little more and kept better quality chicken. Meanwhile the CrazyCuizine Costco orange chicken has still been super rock solid great quality but it's just A LOT of chicken that's hard to eat by yourself before it gets freezer burned

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 26, 2021

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco orange chicken is way better than TJ's. Costco is all big pieces of chicken. TJs is small bits and mostly breading.

I spend $50-100 a week at TJs so I'm not hating, it's just the truth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got the new mailer which starts on 2/3 and they're having $5 off the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars. :getin:

It only has 3g of sugar. I'm not sure how they pull that off.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

ShowTime posted:

I told you guys this way earlier in the thread and here we are.

Like I said then: never tell people you are on a keto diet. Just tell them you are eating low carb and staying away from sugar. They instantly get on board. If you say you are doing keto you'll get responses like this.

Yeah screw people like him. I call it a keto diet and its working for me (lost over 100lbs in a year). Check the Keto thread I just posted some "ravioli" I made with mostly Costco ingredients.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got the new mailer which starts on 2/3 and they're having $5 off the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars. :getin:

Magic. That's how.

I shall be loading my entire trunk full of happiness chocolate, thank you for the warning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They load it full of phenylalanie/alcohol sugars so you get the farts or shits if you eat more than one a day.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

Costco orange chicken is way better than TJ's. Costco is all big pieces of chicken. TJs is small bits and mostly breading.
yeah totally agreed. It used to be closer on par quality-wise, but over the years has drifted and definitely is now weird small bits of gristle and stuff.

Trastion posted:

Yeah screw people like him.
:agreed: diet snobs are the worst

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Trastion posted:

Yeah screw people like him. I call it a keto diet and its working for me (lost over 100lbs in a year). Check the Keto thread I just posted some "ravioli" I made with mostly Costco ingredients.

Yeah but you’re still factually wrong and still using words wrong, and it sucks to see people tie themselves into bullshit knots because they buy into the false mythology and pseudoscience about how their diet works. You don’t need to perpetuate misinformation to be proud of your health plan. You sound like a cult member when you go on about “diet snobs”.

And I’ve seen people blow up at service staff because they “were lied to” about some dish’s contents and now they think their body chemistry is going to go to poo poo or whatever because a carb entered them. Or like people bring their own Keto friendly snacks to birthday parties because they “can’t ever eat cake or the Keto stops working”. Correcting those false assumptions doesn’t make somebody an rear end in a top hat or a snob.

But also congratulations on your diet, that poo poo’s hard.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yeah but you’re still factually wrong and still using words wrong, and it sucks to see people tie themselves into bullshit knots because they buy into the false mythology and pseudoscience about how their diet works. You don’t need to perpetuate misinformation to be proud of your health plan. You sound like a cult member when you go on about “diet snobs”.

And I’ve seen people blow up at service staff because they “were lied to” about some dish’s contents and now they think their body chemistry is going to go to poo poo or whatever because a carb entered them. Or like people bring their own Keto friendly snacks to birthday parties because they “can’t ever eat cake or the Keto stops working”. Correcting those false assumptions doesn’t make somebody an rear end in a top hat or a snob.

But also congratulations on your diet, that poo poo’s hard.

Dude, nobody but you cares.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

if you eat a single froot loop, you will immediately inflate like a liferaft

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oompa loompa doompaty keto
trump tried the diet but then he ate a cheeto

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pnumoman posted:

Dude, nobody but you cares.

I care, I like Ok Comboomer's posts. The keto fad is dumb.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I've never seen orange chicken at my church. I do like everything CrazyCuisine puts out and thank god they finally rebranded their packaging so it's not just... white poo poo.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I don't like either side. Just tell me about them deals.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I care, I like Ok Comboomer's posts. The keto fad is dumb.

No poo poo, and I agree with him, but this is the Costco thread

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

pnumoman posted:

No poo poo, and I agree with him, but this is the Costco thread

if we cannot discuss the nature of sin at church then where can we discuss it?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I just want quality products at reasonable prices

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BONGHITZ posted:

I just want quality products at reasonable prices

In great quantity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

StormDrain posted:

In great quantity!

Amen!